Tuesday 28th July 2020 - The games you played were never fun

Morning.

Lyrics - The games you played were never fun

You'd say you'd stay but then you'd run

Sounds as though you enjoyed the faster running emzap. Good sewing skills. I have no confidence in my ability to do anything like that. I can manage to knit a scarf but my tension is (and always has been) awful so apart from scarves, hats and squares for dog blankets (Battersea Dog's Home like knitted blankets) I haven't knitted anything for years.

I'm getting bored with not running now but my ankle and knees are still stiff and sore so I know that running for the sake of it isn't sensible and may mean more time out. I think I'll probably try a longer walk today and see how they react to that.

What:            nothing
Why:             see above
Last hard:     still the asphalt
Last rest:      27/7

Yesterday's lyrics - Easy Does It by Supertramp.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    Morning.

Well done on the speedwork emzap.  Envious of your sewing skills - I panic at the thought of threading up a sewing machine.

Have a good walk LMH. 

Not sure that signing up for that race was a good idea - temps of 34 on Saturday.  Start is at 9:30 and the worst of the heat late afternoon so hopefully survivable.  There are no showers / changing facilities but there is a lake.

Have a good day all.

What: gentle 10kish trot in a while
    Why: not going to group run this evening due to heat, it was 30 degrees at 7pm yesterday.
    Last hard: already 24 degrees before 8am
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sorry that you are not up to running yet, LMH

Please send heat, Hazel. A high here today of 14 degrees, which due to the wind will feel like 12. Summer!

What: haven't decided, but a run of some description, plus stretches

Why: need to wake up yet! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I echo Alehouse Hazel - please send some summer our way!

Alehouse - my ankle is still swollen (physio thinks ligament strain from my description) and knees both stiff so I think any run is going to be detrimental at this stage - I'm getting very fed up with it though!
  • Batten down the hatches.
    50-60mph winds and heavy rain here.
    May manage a run at some point.
    Last hard: abandoned attempt to borrow friend's treadmill for next weeks. They are some awkward beasts to move.
    Lyrics no

Cooling off in a Swiss lake following a race doesn't sound that bad, Hazel.

Hope you're back to full function soon LMH

No sewing skills in this house either (unless it involves human flesh!)
  • That sounds like some rough weather OH! Shame about the treadie, they are large and heavy.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Hazel - great news with the race, I am naturally a little envious, even with the toasty conditions
    OH - wow, some weather! Grey and miserable here. The weather, not me...
    Ale - we're hoping one of our meets will be Jav, SP & LJ
    apparently shot you can just dunk in a bucket of anti-bac, and aim to allocate one jav per athlete (pools of 4-5). For LJ it's more raking than usual

What - Club session! 10x45s hill reps x 2
    Why - starting back, we have a 6pm and 7pm session, I'm doing one coaching the other. 
    Last rest - 20/06
    last hard - Sunday
    Also took the village group last night for pyramids in the park. 7 athletes on a 300m square all socially distanced. Meanwhile behind me on the junior football pitch were 22 men having a practice match. Different sports, different rules...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Interesting about the different sports, different rules, Dustin!

Grey, windy, managed to hit a couple of showers during my run. I can see bad light stopped play at times today at the test.

What: just under 40 minutes fairly easy, although pushed on a little during the second half, plus stretches d&d

Why: wanted to get back for 11 for the test.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • There's a lot of it doesn't make much sense Dustin.

Mostly bright here Alehouse though breezy.

I enjoyed my walk and my ankle felt fine but unfortunately my knees were making themselves known from early on and this got worse. I don't know if it's just the bruises/tightness from the cuts and grazes or whether it's something more serious. I guess I'll see how they react.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Em: Wow, that's some sewing skills. A dress would take me a year and nobody could ever wear it :hushed: 
    Great post pregnancy 5k PB :+1:  I wish I could run with a group again ... or run at all for that matter ;)

Sorry to hear you're still struggling, LMH. Best to err on the side of caution. Hope the knees play ball tomorrow. 

OH: Shame it didn't work with the treadmill. But yeah, I guess once you buy one it has to stay put. That's why I don't have one and prefer to use the ones in the gym. Not that that helps with social distancing but nobody had ever used that word before March ...

Hazel: Great news on the race entry. Just go and have fun (if that's possible in the heat). Not keen on that heat one bit, so feel free to send it all to LMH/ale. 

So, today was my first physio session for the foot. She looked at my toe. Then had me walk barefoot for a bit and then she asked me "and what do you want me to do with you"? You're absolutely fine and your toe looks like it was done 8 months ago, not 8 weeks. Guess my surgeon just acquired another fan :)  in the end I had her work on my hamstrings. My health insurance will never know ;) I know I walked funny for a bit when the post-op shoe came off but it seems that I sorted that myself without even realising. 

Garmin is finally up again, yay! Did my usual strength routine and I'm planning a little walk once I've finished work. Would have done so this morning but it was raining. 

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

A good physio visit, Chick! Onwards and upwards!

And where are you, Wabo? And where are you on LEJOG?
  • Excellent news chicksta.
  • 6 windy miles done. Might make the 100 for July at least.
  • Supposedly  learnt sewing at school...traumatised for life...can just about take up a hem and sew on buttons.
    Taught to knit by my granny..no problem though I haven't done much in re entry years!
    V wet and windy walk this morning and v windy but dry short run...felt like I was running but hardly moving forward into it! 
    Hazel...pigtails look daft but save me having to spend ages detanglin hair after running in the wind!
    Gonna have to take back seat next few weeks as won't be able to run or worse  still go for a walk! Now looks as though my procedure may be in early Sept. ..though not definite so potentially 4 weeks isolating on the trot!
    Wind should go down tomorrow for last shop walk run be sociable etc!
    Look forward to race report Hazel.
    Glad physio has found your foot good chick!
    Hope not as windy as here for all!