Sunday 2nd August 2020 - You can't just leave me To face life on my own

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
You can't just leave me
To face life on my own

Morning

Not sure why yesterday's post posted this morning, sorry about that!

What: walk into town may also get oh to drop me at grocer's and run the long way home, we'll see.
Why: fitting things in
Last hard: Monday

Am slightly considering a challenge from 15th aug to 14 sept to raise money for neonatal ward but not sure what to do. Someone suggested 1km day 1 up to 31 day 31 but not sure that's realistic with full time childcare!

Only speculative at the mo, not sure if I have time to sort it all out.

Have a lovely day all.

Comments

• Morning!

Probably a more restful day for us.
    Elspeth completed 28 miles last evening while I had a sunset swim and beach bonfire. Synchro diving photos to follow...
    Last hard: deadline for publishing eService
    Lyrics sound familiar but no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Sounds a pleasant day yesterday, Emz!

Hope the service goes to plan, OH.

What: stretches, easy day

Why: ran hard yesterday
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Just caught up on yesterday's posts. Was enjoying a refreshing race report from Hazel then  ouch 😢. Sorry to hear about that but glad there's  no lasting damage.
    Nice photos emz
  • Hopefully service is ok
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
  • A more relaxed evening  :D
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Morning all
    Emzap gorgeous photos it looks lovely!
    Chamolk nice to see you and glad you're on the mend
    Hazel a race report is rare! So sorry yours ended as it did, but you did sound very philosophical about it
    Dustin nice track work
    We had a great day much needed by us all yesterday. My niece bought the kids lots of craft stuff so oh is now heading off for his mountain bike ride with a couple of mates displaying all sorts of drawings on his legs and arms! They don't wash off quite as easily as we thought 🤣🤣
    I've got a raging toothache and swollen gum so the guided 10 mile run I was doing at 7.50 is binned by me. 
    What something on my own maybe
    Why struggled to be out early
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Wow oh great photos!
  • Morning.

I'd run out of lyrics - yesterday's were What Have I Done To Deserve This by Pet Shop Boys.

28 miles for Els?!? Lovely photographs OH. Hope the service went ok.

Looks as though you had a nice day out emzap - how about 5k a day or delaying it until you have more time to plan?

Hope you aren't too sore this morning Hazel.

That doesn't sound good Wabo - do you think it's an abscess?

Nice day for it here Alehouse, hope you get good weather.

Lola seems better again this morning - I really hope she's on the mend and it isn't just the meds.

What:            walking/rehab exercises
    Why:             benched
    Last hard:     being benched
    Last rest:      1/8

Lyrics - familiar but I can't name it.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Freezing here LMH: grey, 13 degrees and feels colder. Will be back wearing tracksters and a couple of tops! 

Hope toothache settles, Wabo.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning....joined in virtual Tyndrum 12 last night with 6 hours run walking with 5 others...they were running plus 7 year old Ruby and several dogs at ring of brodgar last night. A grassy 1.6 mile loop at the stones then down to the lochs ide then back up with view of other loch and folk standing fishing. Only a few laps of constant running from me initially alternating with walk laps but then did a mix of walk run in subsequent lap. Nice pick up point for drinks/snacks next to one of the stones. Some tourists out but dropped off as evening progressed and the flies came out in force. Ended up with 28.5 miles had been gunning for 21/22 so pleased....Billy did 37ish. Beautiful sunset over loch and stones but my photos are blurry! Then Noel cooked up burgers on his barbie in the lochs ide car park which were well received along with beers gingerbread for me flapjacks and brownies. Picked up by Peter on way home from his late night swim.  A good evening...enjoyed the company even though mostly on my own being lapped by the fast guys!
    Hazel...sounds sore and unfortunate you weren't able to finish. I have my own tumble mid race story though as it was half a mile before the finish managed to trundle home with an upper jaw fracture. Bet you are sore today.
    Recovery day for me today with berry picking and housework on the agenda but have to fit in 6 more hours on my own through the week...prob a lot of walking!
  • Blurry photos! 
    Have a good day all.
  • Amazing Els! I take it the tumble and jaw fracture weren't last night!

It's going dull and chilly here now Alehouse :-(
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh I was going to  ask els the same!! Lovely photos and the run/walk sounds amazing
    Pretty sure this is an abscess lmh, I just hope I can get dentist to do a prescription cos it has to settle before she'll do anything with it
    Currently laying on the sofa in my running clothes, think a mile streak saver is the order for today I just can't be bothered
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Wow, Els! More than a marathon! Hope your legs aren't too battered! 

And trust Hazel isn't too bad today.

Get it done, Wabo! And I know you will!

What: easy recovery run d&d

Why: legs felt tired in a nice even way from yesterday's efforts. Had not gone even half a k before the heavens opened. Glad I had a rain jacket on.  Brought up the biggest week yet, 56+k, 35+ miles. Unintentionally! 

Hopefully dry this afternoon for more cross training in daughter's garden. And feed her cat.
  • Oh no that was a few years ago during Kirkwall half marathon..seems pavement is harder than trail!
    Wabo...yuk to dental pain. Hope it gets sorted soon!
    Legs don't feel bad but feet battered and kept me awake first half of last night.
    Berry picking and blackcurrant compote made. Should make more jam...Maybe later in the week!
    Think I'm going to be lazy today!
    Take it easy with the gardening Ale..That's hard labour!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Truly impressive pics, em, OH and Els.

Love the underwater action shots :+1:

The Cotswolds are so beautiful, em. I lije the charity idea bur afree, it has to fit into your life without causing undue stress.

Very impressive run/walk els. Sounds like you really enjoyed it. Ouch re. fractured jaw. I'm another one that thought for a minute it may have happened yesterday :)

Hope Hazel is not too sore today.

Oh no, wabo :( why do these things always happen at the weekend? I would probably forget about the streak if I were you ...

Good to hear that Lola is improving, LMH.

Great miles, ale. Sorry you got wet again ...

Another warm day here.

Nice bike ride with hubby first thing in the hope to pick blackberries but other people must have beaten us - there was nothing left.

Then another brisk walk fighting hard not to break into a run ...

Will do foot exercises later. Right now I'm too lazy and my sun lounger beckons :)

• Afternoon

Lots of pics to enjoy yesterday and today - thanks to OH, emzap and Els. Love the underwater swimming ones OH.

Did the service go ok OH?

Let us know what you plan for the challenge emzap, good idea.

Ouch to the toothache Wabo. Not nice. Hope your OH wasn't decorated with permanent marker.

Wow to the mileage yesterday Els, well done! Feel even more of a wuss for yesterday's DNF after reading about your jaw. Think you have earned a rest day after yesterday.

Brr Ale. Good you can up the mileage without any strain. If it has rained your xtraining won't include watering at least. Looking forward to the cake reports.

Good news on Lola LMH. Hard to deal with the bench frustration. Have you any exercices from your physio?

Boo to the missing blackberries Chicksta. Enjoy the sun lounger. What would be the worst that could happen if you did run? Curiosity not encouraging you to do so!

Great news you are mobile again chamolk.

Nice session Dustin. Good to put the faster reps at the end rather than start too fast.

Bit achy today from yesterday in addition to the visible cuts and bruises. Walk earlier did me good though. Stairs up and down are a bit of a pain due to the bruised knees and the right one still feels rather instable. Think the muscles and nerves have gone on strike a bit though and no damage otherwise as no pain or swelling on top of simple bruising.

Streak more than likely over after 4 months but not that important.

What: walk so far, might sneak out later
    Why: damage from yesterday
    Last hard: being sensible
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ready for action in that pic, Hazel. Lovely scenery :+1: 

My doc explained that proper calcification usually takes 3 months,  i.e. the metal structure that he put in could become loose again and the whole procedure would have been in vain if I did any high impact stuff too early. Now that would really suck ;)
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Good pictures, but Hazel, we surely need an "after" as well as the "before" ;-)
    Stunning photos too Els, OH, Emz
    Wabo - hope you get the gnashers sorted, toothy pain = not pleasant
    Emz - why not 5k (or 10k) a day as the challenge?
    LMH - aiming to do track every Saturday for now. Need to get some short speed back really.

What - 1h55 steady trails (13.2 miles)
    Why - LSR
    Last rest - 20/06
    last hard - yesterday
    lyric - think so
    July mileage - 215

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking maybe a mile a day and maybe 100km total or something. 5km would be a lot to fit in with Lucas as we are his only childcare at the mo. Need to find out how to get the money to the maternity unit (not neonatal sorry, got confused!) and that doesn't seem to be an easy thing to find out about annoyingly.

May have to postpone but thought it may be nice to do it for Lucas' 12th month...

Wow great work els and beautiful photos as ever!
  • emzap - you can literally just send them a cheque - or is there a 'Friends Of'? You could make it 5k run or walk and then take Lucas with you if necessary?

Hazel - lovely to 'see' you! I'm glad your injuries seem to be superficial. Yes, lots of rehab exercises prescribed.

chicksta - sounds as though the cross trainer might be a good way of building some cv fitness as no impact involved?

Are you hoping to participate in some track races Dustin?
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Thanks lmh, I've contacted the local hospital charity section and asked :) and that's a brilliant idea, 5km a day run or walk!