Monday 3rd August 2020 - You can't write a novel from a briefcase

Morning.

Lyrics - You can't write a novel from a briefcase

You can write a poem from a trench

Hope it helps emzap. Did you have an idea of what you'd like the money to be used for? You could always aim to raise enough for that and provide a specific piece of equipment or whatever whether medical or not. Keep us informed please?

Another nice running morning here <<sigh>> Hopefully a day closer to resuming but not today.

What:            more walking and rehab exercises
Why:             I'd like to be able to run again
Last hard:     not being able to run when the weather has been good and motivation high
Last rest:      2/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: whatever the legs decided; could be a gentle MLR/stretches

Why: running to feel/needs must

Bright sunshine through black clouds here. Forecast is to remain dry though.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    LMH - re track races. Few and far between. Think I said my club are holding some 100s in a couple of weeks, hoping to stage more (and longer) races in September.
    TBH I've written off "racing" until XC at the earliest and anything I do before then will be for fun/training. 
    What - early half hour already done
    Why -recovery and fitting it in: giving blood this morning and have village group training this evening
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - Saturday/Sunday

Crisp but bright and mild, just did an easy 5k over the fields. Great to see some deer and no people, just the chatter of the birds!
  • Morning

so and so miles a day sounds doable emzap but alongside of fitting it in timewise I would be careful on the planned cumulative mileage over the 31 days if you are not used to streaking or it would be a big jump against your mileage in such a time at the moment.

Your doc seems to have a solid reason for not running there chicksta.  

No particularly impressive after pic from Saturday Dustin as the course medic got to me before OH and the camera.  Think I had already frightened a few random walkers already.  Good mileage for July.  Thanks for giving blood today and your morning run sounds lovely.

Hope Wabo can get her tooth issue sorted today.

Have a nice whatever run Ale, hopefully in dry weather.

Any sort of prognosis on when you will be able to run LMH or is it a pure wait and see thing?

What:  gentle trot likely this evening
    Why: moving seems better than sitting to prevent too much stiffness setting in.  Might be painful after a day at the desk - we will see.
    Last maybe not sensible: gentle trot yesterday evening - right knee hurt but no more during and after than before and I wasn't limping so...
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Got a supply of antibiotics so tooth has eased a tiny bit. I will ring dentist though. 
    Lmh hope it won't be too long till you resume. Weather looks good all week 
    Alehouse have a good run 
    Dustin nice one on early run and giving blood
    What 2.65 walk with mates next up 6 mile off road with Sacha
    Why arranged
    Last hard yesterday

Last rest 31/12/16
    Bit hungry now and have to meet friend Sacha a at 9.30, oops!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Glad the tooth is feeling a bit better Wabo. Hope it continues to improve.

Was that for the streak or your head Hazel? Wait and see really, physio said I need to be able to walk pain free before I run and for the swelling to go down in the ankle and knee as they are unstable. Both of these are happening just not as quickly as I'd like of course.

A double and a blood donation Dustin? I think plenty of cake will be required.

Hope it stays dry for your run Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Can't be too bad if you got out there yesterday, Hazel! I probably would have done the same!

Sorry that things are improving far too slowly, LMH

Enjoy your outing in company, Wabo!

What: stretches and then just over an hour, mainly off road, so MLR d&d

Why: well the forecast said it would not precipitate for 60 minutes...and it didn't. About 63 in fact and the heavens opened, by which time I had just walked through the door. Does put rather a dampener on some gardening that I wanted to finish at my daughter's before she arrives home later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Drizzly here today...procrastinating shopping and baking for friend arriving. Turns out that the next 6 hours of walk run T12 challenge this week will be harder than sat. Dilemma run today...more miles but tired legs or walk...easier but fewer miles!
    Hazel good that you're able to get out but don't do too much!
    Wabo   glad tooth a bit better...I'm in need of a filling but dentist just starting up again so could be a while.
    Accommodation booked for tentative and v small daughters wedding take 3 in October. Hospital procedures and second wave possibilities permitting.

• Lyrics...one day I will get them. 
    Feels wierd having no family staying.
  • Glad you got round in the dry Alehouse.

Can you do the next six hours later in the week once you have recovered Els? I didn't realise it would be the third try for the wedding - I really hope it can go ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Els: What LMH said re. daughter's wedding ... Is there a deadline for the additional 6 hours?

Good timing, ale. Hope you found a window for your gardening chores.

Dustin: I'm thinking along the same lines re. racing. If anything in even more pessimistic... Well done on giving blood. 

Hazel: impressed you kept that streak going.

Wabo: Glad your tooth is better. 

LMH: Sorry to hear the recovery is still taking time. How is Lola today? And you are right about the crosstrainer being the obvious choice of exercise equipment. The only downside being that I need to go to the gym for that. I'm still not 100% comfortable and my social angst is making a return with numbers on the rise. I notice that I'm in people avoidance mode again thinking about reducing my office hours and doing more stuff from home. 

Another brisk walk done today. 7k in 59:40 - it's a PB :D

Talking of cake: I made a non-crumbly apple cake today. Hubby bought some apples which didn't taste very nice as such but they made a decent cake. I tried a new recipe which said to pour some rum into the dough. Didn't have any but had some Sherry and it worked quite well. The dough came out very fluffy but probably not necessarily due to the Sherry but rather because I separated the eggs and worked the beaten egg whites into the dough before pouring the mixture into the tin.
  • Emzap...5k walk or run each day sounds good...I'm sure you do a 5k plus with pram or buggy most days!
    LMH just needed to get myself out the door on a drizzly morning...an hour run and then an hour walk/jog on the trails this afternoon in improving weather and surprisingly dry underfoot.
  • Arrgh - just opened the thread with a rumbling stomach and was attacked by a picture of a cake!  Looks lovely Chicksta.  Good brisk walk - you have earned that cake.  Difficult regarding the gym.

Run yesterday was in particular for the head LMH. 

Good timing Ale.

Hope the ABs do their thing fast Wabo.

Really hope things work out this time for the wedding Els. Well done on today's activities considering what you did at the weekend.
  • Chick...The hours signed up to can be 6 12 or 24 and can be done any time from 1 to 8 Aug....so bit of a cheat being able to break it up but suits where I'm at just now. The Tyndrum is from the real ultra first run last Jan....my friend did 92 miles on icy and demanding trails and was 3rd lady.. she is mega tough! At least on sat I officially scraped an ultra distance!
    Apple cake looks yum....recipe please!
  • My carrot cake sank a little!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    very nice run with sacha, we did one of our old routes that we keep putting off! It's quite hilly.  But we just fancied a change!
    els I do hope the wedding can go ahead, its all so uncertain!
    I am sure I know todays lyrics, or should 
    Nice run alehouse, my July was 135 in the end.  Highest August on record is 124...
    Cakes all look yummy! I treated myself to a bit of Cleos saturday victoria sponge birthday cake. Very yum if I do say so myself!!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    had to google lyrics they were bugging me, get it LMH x
  • Lazy morning as Ninja showers and stone grumbling.
    Swim around wreck this after noon (just a straightforward swim today - no diving off the wreck).
    Hoping to get "Scapa Loop 5k" group restarted at 1730 (if anyone turns up)
    Last rest this morning
    Last hard staying awake yesterday evening.
    Lyrics no
  • Only strike 2 for wedding on 2 October.
  • That looks lovely chicksta. You could use spare apples to make my apple pie muffins - let me know if you'd like the recipe. I thought you were getting in to going to the gym again - hence my suggestion. Totally understand your concerns though. I have suspended my membership. Lola has managed two one mile walks today without going hopping lame and is much brighter in herself so we seem to be making progress. I just hope it isn't just the meds making the difference.

But I bet it tastes lovely Els. You are doing so well with your return to running.

I hope it helped Hazel and you're feeling better.

Wabo - glad you had a good time.

Sorry to hear that your stone is being troublesome OH. I hope you can have the operation soon.

Progress for me I think too. Had an email consult with physio this morning and current plan is fro another day of short walks tomorrow (though I ended up walking five miles without a break this afternoon as I took Lola and then went straight out for my afternoon walk) and if no adverse reaction I can try a short run on Wednesday. Unfortunately I can't use run/walk to increase the distance as she says the amount of repetitions on the joint is a factor as is the length of exposure to the load. My hip is a little achy after this afternoon's 'efforts' but ankle and knees feel fine so far. Fingers crossed.
  • Rekindled Monday night loop run saw 3 partipants and me moving at a pace which approached running, certainly the fastest for a while.
    Still a bit to go before I get back to my usual pace (and even that is slow!)