Tuesday 4th August 2020 We could've been anything we wanted to be

Morning!

Lyrics: We could've been anything we wanted to be

What: probably something easy plus stretches

Why: day after MLR, but will play it by ear...and the weather. Bright pink sky is perhaps a warning to shepherds and others.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Little Blue - Beautiful South.

You are doing better than me at the minute OH!

Rain forecast here this morning Alehouse and it's significantly cooler than the last few mornings.

By dint of walking Lola and then heading straight out for my walk yesterday I did a longer walk yesterday afternoon. A little swelling in my ankle and knees but it has settled overnight though my hip is still achy. Weather permitting I am planning a longer walk again this morning as I'm taking MiL to visit FiL this afternoon for the first time since this madness began so won't have much time. Lola seems more sound this morning but won't eat any breakfast so I can administer her meds! Banana and choc chip loaf is in the oven. In exciting news we have booked a holiday cottage on the Yorkshire coast for the first week in September - fingers crossed.

What:          walking and rehab exercises
    Why:           can't run
    Last hard:   not running
    Last rest:    3/8

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Sounds like a good plan Ale. 

Good news regarding the holiday week LMH - gives you something to look forward to.  Naughty Lola regarding the breakfast.  Hope the visit goes off well today. Fingers crossed for a run tomorrow for you.

Another nice cake yesterday Els.

Nice that the Monday loop group came together OH. 

Well done on the mileage for July Wabo.  How is your tooth?

What: something easy, probably won't join the group this evening
    Why:  still recovering from Saturday's fall
    Last hard: reduced mileage (but I was due a down week or two anyway)
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Just going past Lake Windermere on lejog....
    Hazel, tooth slowly slowly easing, I have only taken two days of AB's so hopefully after today it will start to speed up.  It isn't a hot cold pain so not the nerve.  Just a tooth packed with filling that is no good to man nor beast lol!
    Enjoy your easy
    LMH I bet MiL is looking forward to that visit.  Oh lola you must eat your breakfast! A holiday I really want to book something.  That's lovely to hear!
    alehouse, enjoy your easy and stretches, you encouraged me to do some stretches yesterday.  I did a thing called glute walk and a warm up skip thing round the living room  :)
    What: going to do my 5k round my streets (house in the middle route)
    why: I kind of fancy doing that!
    last hard yesterday slow hilly 6.2 and a walk in the am
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a great day all, I am just taking in the virtual view of Windermere....

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    correction I have just left Ullswater...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Daughter stayed in Patterdale, next to Ullswater, at the weekend, Wabo!

Not run yet: pouring! However stretches are d&d. Glute walks included with resistance band.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    just back from my round the house 5k - trying to improve it and trying to get some mile times for the new club bingo sheet!
    Bit of fun, I felt good so I may go and do it again later!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ah I just missed your daughter alehouse
  • Great that you felt so good that you want to do it again Wabo. We have booked an apartment through Cottages.com as they were very good about our April refund and will refund this holiday if Covid19 restrictions stop us from going. The site is very easy to navigate too so that you can filter out what you want - though having said that there was very little availability even though we're not going until the children should be back at school - or thereabouts.

Rain here too Alehouse though fortunately only sporadic and not too heavy. Made for a bit of a chilly, damp walk.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Thanks for the cake pics everyone, although I'm not sure they could be encouraged. Makes me hungry just looking...
    LMH - good news with the cottage, should still be quite mild then!
    No double yesterday, the evening was more coaching/social distancing police (although still racked up 2- 3 miles)

What - club night 5 mins, 5x1 min, 5 mins, 5x1 min, 5 mins
    Why - I'm an athlete
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - will be tonight

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Please send some cold and rain my way, ale. We have a heatwave coming and I just can't face it ...

This summer has been quite moderate so far and I'd prefer it to stay that way. Sigh.

Looks like this thread has turned into the daily baking thread :)

Els: I'll PM you that recipe - it's German so I have to translate it first. Your carrot cake looked lush. Like the decoration with the dried fruit and pumpin seeds.

LMH: You can never have too many cake/muffin recipes. So feel free to PM me yours. I'm sure I can make good use of it soon. Hope you managed to coax Lola into eating her breakfast and fingers crossed you can run soon. Hope FiL is OK. And fantastic news regarding the cottage. 

Dustin: more speedwork. You're a glutton for punishment :)

Nice progress, wabo

Only s&c today. Rubbish night and felt slightly off so I decided to wfh. Physio did more wobbly surface stuff with me today. I'm becoming quite adept at balancing on a Bosu ball :)

• Will do chicksta. At least you’re not running through the heat - every cloud and all that- I would  happily swap your heat for our grey, chilly stuff though we are forecast a few better days. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Heat please Chick! Grey and chilly here with rain all morning. Sufficiently cold this evening for the heating to come on automatically. Supposed to be warmer from Thursday. 

Run was rather a plod today. Either the stretches (more strenuous than usual) or yesterday's MLR had left the legs more tired than I thought. 

Hope that the FiL visit went well, LMH. Difficult. Glad that you have got a break to look forward to. 
  • Short run and a walk this morning before rain came in.
    Friends joined us on walk and came round for dinner (meatballs and baked cheesecake)
    Current hard: trying to juggle 2 surgical procedures (me and Elspeth)and a wedding.
    Lyrics no.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I thought I knew these lyrics today, think I do