Wednesday 5th August 2020 - Learn from every lesson

Morning.

Lyrics - Learn from every lesson

Face the lonely fear

I guess there isn't much you can do about the timing of the two procedures though OH? Really hope it all works out for you. Yum to baked cheesecake. Enjoy the time with your friend.

Not quite that cold here yesterday evening Alehouse - worse in the morning. Forecast warmer today but breezy. MiL coped with the visit well, fortunately she'd taken in my warnings about how obvious the decline would be having not seen him for so long.

Have you made any progress organising your challenge emzap?

How is your recovery going chamolk? Hope progress is continuing.

What:          very short, easy run
Why:           testing the broken bits (with physio's consent)
Last hard:   not being able to run
Last rest:    4/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: don't think so

Yesterday's lyrics were Bad Guys from Bugsy Malone. Heard it several times last week as the writer and director Sir Alan Parker passed away. Bad Guys doesn't of course refer to any of you other guys on here. 

What: legs will decide, or the weather might! Plus stretches. 

Why: running to feel. Currently grey and damp; well it would be, with the next test match starting down the road this morning. 

Hope your run is better than you hope, LMH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Cricket weather again then Ale.

Good luck with your run LMH.  Glad the visit to FIL went well.

Enjoy the virtual Lake District Wabo.

How was the club session Dustin?

Heatwave on its way here again too Chicksta. 

Difficult planning indeed OH. 

What: not sure yet
    Why: right knee still grumbling post fall so should take it easy.  Gentle group round yesterday on the short route was ok once I got going but sitting for a time and then moving around is painful initially.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: standard no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yes, take it easy, Hazel! And they are playing cricket...albeit with the floodlights on. Probably hard for some to imagine!

What: 45 mins including 4 x 1 minute hard with 1 min jog recovery.

Why: gradual introduction to speed work. Hard work, not that it was particularly fast.

Meant to say, RFJ will be happy with last night's football result!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Definitely take it easy Hazel.

It doesn't need to be fast to do you good Alehouse but you know that.

Just a half hour run for me and now the wait to see if anything reacts adversely. Still a bit grey here and breezy but mild. I've just been blackberry picking.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Glad you managed to get out LMH.  Hope no adverse events tomorrow from it.

No running this week yet here.  Annoyingly I've forgotten what the lyrics were on Sunday (and Google hasn't helped me!).  Let's blame lack of sleep shall we?!

Charity run set up LMH :)  The charity contact was so helpful.  I'm already a good way to my target and haven't even started yet!

What: hopefully about to go and pick some plums (well my OH will and we'll go with him, I'm allergic to them).
    Why: not much work on as last week before my 7 week break
    Last hard: Meeting deadlines before I go
    Lyrics: nope

Oh no a fall Hazel.  Take it easy.

OH when do you have to start self isolating from?

Have a lovely day all.

• Awol yesterday. ..walk with friend who is up cooking dinner etc..and I even knew the lyrics!
    Chick thanks for the recipe. ...our apple tree not ready for harvesting yet but definitely going to try it!
    LMH glad visit was ok...Hard to have such a long wait to visit especially if he us less able.
    Morning hill run with Peter as going to be more rain this afternoon. Plenty water underfoot and still struggling going uphill but really enjoyable run down!
    Tea and cake with friend before he goes to the Isles for couple of days.
    Still having difficulty deciding what to do with procedure date...offered Sept yesterday but need sometime to look after peter after his procedure and don't want to mess with wedding date either.  Which will be parents and siblings only as guests at best.  They could defer til after but then having potentially met with son from Sweden and others may not be great and if there is disease spike in Scotland could be further delays.
    Run was good for me after sleepless night deliberating!
    Lyrics no!
    Have a good day!
  • Moody scapa flow from top of hill.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    That's good emzap. I'd like to pick some plums too but don't know anywhere to scrump those locally :-) Please post a link to your fundraising page.

Difficult Els - my instinct would be to get it done and out of the way (if it happens) with everything being so uncertain at the minute. How long will you be away for? Moody photo indeed! FiL has very advanced dementia but is unfortunately physically very well for his age.
  • As said, 7 miles, up and down the hill this morning. Swim planned for 4:30.
    Just keeping going.
    Last hard planning, possibly just made more difficult by partial lockdown in Aberdeen.
    Rest: not planning any until imposed or I feel like it.
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els/OH - tricky decisions to be made, although I'd err with LMHs "get it done" approach!
    Emz - good work with setting the challenge up
    Warm but very blustery here at the moment which should make the run today somewhat "fun"

What - hour easy
    Why - recovery
    Last rest - 20/06
    last hard - yesterday. I think Hazel asked, yesterday's session was 5 mins at 5k pace, 5x1 min fast off 45s recovery, 5mins at 5k pace, 5x1 min off 45s recovery, 5 mins at 5k pace.
    Ideally you cover the same distance on all three 5 minute segments. 2nd my longest 3rd my shortest but only about 10-15m in it
    Last night was in the country park, so a bit bumpy and rutted. 
    Tough session and legs certainly feeling it today. 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sounds like good runs oh and els.

Dustin that sounds tough!

Forgot to say challenge is run or walk 5km every day from 15th aug to 14th sept. I'll send anyone who wants it the link :)

Lmh plums were local pick your own. Loads there but will be even better soon
  • Yes please emzap.

Everything is so changeable at the moment you can't really do much other than keep going and hope it all works out OH. Good that you were able to run again today. Enjoy the swim.

I'm not surprised your legs are feeling it Dustin - easy today!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wow, that sounds like hard work, Dustin. My body has zero idea what it means to work hard :D 

Els/OH: I'd always want a procedure done sooner rather than later but totally understand the logistical obstacles you guys have to overcome...

Glad you were able to run today, LMH. Hopefully there's no adverse reaction.

Nice challenge,  em.

Ale: what LMH said. It's the effort that counts. And speed is relative anyway. 

Take it easy, Hazel. You don't want to make it any worse.

I braved the gym today for an hour on the crosstrainer and some s&c.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Forecast  ..
     🤷🏼‍♀️
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    That's pretty toasty!
  • Send some our way chicksta! We have about three days of better weather to look forward to if the forecast is correct.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Still improving LMH, thanks. Went out for a wee run with the boys at the weekend - they haven't been running much since I've been recovering, so it was run /walk, but it went OK. Managed a 5k walk this evening, so it's getting steadily better

Please send me the link emzap, I'd like to contribute.

I've obviously missed whatever procedure is needing done Els, sorry - good luck making your decision