Thursday 6th August 2020 - Walking down 29th and park

Morning.

Lyrics - Walking down 29th and park

I saw you in another's arms

Didn't expect you to be back running already chamolk. Good to hear that you are progressing so well. Lovely that you can run with your boys.

It's a grey start to the day here though the forecast says that it's going to be warm and still. A little extra swelling after my run yesterday but it has mostly settled overnight so I'm hoping to get the go ahead for another today.

What:           hopefully short and easy
Why:            I want to be a runner again
Last hard:    sleeping
Last rest:     4/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Hope by Take That.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Weather: supposed to stay dry and cloudy, with the possibility of some sun late afternoon. Currently drizzling.

What: easy run, stretches

Why: ran harder yesterday

Progress, Chamolk!

LMH, hope your run goes to plan!

Emz: link please!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning, nice and sunny here!
    Lyrics not a clue!
    LMH good that you're on the run again.
    Chick, I think were it not for the virus I'd leave it until after the wedding to give Peter time for recovery and be OK for wedding itself. As it is that's risky given recent lockdown in Aberdeen also would be meeting folk from various parts of the country risking exposure, meant to be away from folk just before procedure (though only going to be 15 folk max now!).
    Chamolk, had a subarachnoid bleed end of May and have another small aneurysm which needs to be secured with endovascular procedure. (TMI for folk I'm sure!).
    2.5 days to finish my T12 virtual run/walk, need a route for today that's a wee bit easier than yesterday as may take friend up the hill on Fri/Sat.
    Chamolk - glad youre on the mend and getting out!
    Have a good day all.
  • Morning

+1 to nice and sunny (not hot yet fortunately).  Have to keep the blinds firmly closed though as I wouldn't see anything on my screen otherwise.

Chicksta your forecast looks awful.  We will likley have a couple less degrees of heat but no clouds.

Good luck today LMH.

Nice restart to the speedwork Ale.

Good attitude to when to rest OH.

I would also go with get it done Els, but with other things to slot in as well plus the uncertainty I'm glad it is not me having to make the decision!  Hope you find a nice route for today's outing.

Very nice session Dustin but tough too!

Good news on the recovery chamolk.

Challenge sounds good and doable emzap.  Please also send me the link.  Plums seem to be a strange thing to be allergic to - never heard of that one before.  Shame as they are nice things to munch on at this time of year.  7 week break sounds lovely.

What: recovery this evening
    Why: needs to be short and gentle as I will switch to morning running tomorrow due to the heat and I want to try a short MLR then
    Last rest: 30.03. 

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Chamolk - great to see you making a return to running
    Emz - yes pls to the link

Surprised to find we had a bit of overnight drizzle, but still muggy out there

What - might do a few hill reps
    Why - half hearted Thursday session
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - Tuesday
    Had another odd run yesterday post training. 8 miles through the woods and fields, slow to get going but seemed more comfortable than I was expecting. 
    Combines out in the fields, and had to slow to a walk back into the woods, the cattle herd were clambering round the gate to greet me. You start running,they start running. Playtime!

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sorry quick pop in very busy
    Cleos birthday took over yesterday
    Off to mum's today
    But hope everyone is good and emzap can you send me think too x
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Sounds fun, Dustin

Surprised they started cricket at Old Trafford on time: was drizzling until 10:45 or thereabouts. And the flood lights are on, of course. 

What: 43 minutes on tired legs plus stretches d&d

Why: legs just generally tired. Which is fine. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I hope everyone had a nice day yesterday Wabo and that you have a lovely time with your mum.

More comfortable than you were expecting is good Dustin.

Thanks Hazel, it feels so good to be back running even if the running doesn't feel so good.

Sounds as though your niggles are behaving Alehouse. Hope that continues to be the case.

According to the Evening Standard London is cancelled - wish the organisers would inform the masses! Announcement due tomorrow.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Lovely summer's day here.
    500m swim (to a different wreck at Churchill Barrier 3) then 6 miles run up and down the local hill.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh goodness els, hope you're OK.

The jog went OK, think it was Sunday I did it , but haven't done another since - it didn't hurt, but I was pretty tired afterwards, so thought I'd leave it another few days and then try again. Been getting out for a few miles walk each evening though.

Was catching up on the London marathon announcement this evening - not surprised the October one is cancelled, but a bit surprised it's not happening until October 2021 - I'd assumed it would be April, and that was going to be my aim for the winter training. Dublin marathon October next year too. Might end up doing paris after all, if it happens in April
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Well done chamolk. Hope your return to running goes smoothly.

Ditto lmh glad no reactions so far.

What: 10km with a local club across trails
    Why: missed Monday club so joined another for the evening
    Last hard: bits of that were though it was fun
    Lyrics: nope

Have a lovely day all :)