Saturday 8th August 2020 - Another sleepless night I can't explain

Morning.

Lyrics - Another sleepless night I can't explain

Somebody said they heard me call your name

Poor Lucas and poor you emzap. I hope he's soon better. A shame about your picnic - no rain here at all yesterday and another nice one forecast though not as warm as yesterday. Tomorrow is forecast cooler again so if you did want to run longer that might be a better option. Enjoy your time off - I'm sure you'll make the most of it.

To paraphrase one of my favourite films 'my ego is writing cheques my body can't cash' - yesterday's run has broken me. Left knee is not happy walking this morning so a run definitely won't be happening. Oh well. Hopefully I can sell my place...........

What:           nothing
Why:            see above
Last hard:    accepting I can't do what I used to
Last rest:     4/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Heatwave - The Jam.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Quiet! Perhaps everyone is out running like I was!

Lyrics: no

Sorry to hear things are not good knee-wise, LMH

And sorry to hear Lucas is not 100%, Emz

Not seen Chick for a few days. Hope all is ok...and that you haven't melted!

What: out earlier than usual for just over 12k off road

Why: wanted to get it done and dusted before it heats up, that is if it does heat up. It was actually easier than yesterday's 50 minutes as whilst humid, it was quite a bit less humid today.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning all, I was running Ale but not very far, just making up the last few min of my challenge and then a bit of a walk as I think my blisters need a rest!
    Emz, croup is pretty horrible, poor Lucas!
    Seems have to submit challenge results in KM although the actual race in Jan was definitely miles. Anyhow works our as 98.6, annoying, should have tried harder to make 100?
    No word of op date for Peter.
    Walk with sisiting friend out west later, lovely day for it!
    Enjoy the good weather all.

• Not a bad day for a swim. :smile:
    Off to west coast shortly for run/walk with our visiting friend.
    Current hards: uncertainties
    Lyrics no
  • Afternoon.

Sorry about the knee LMH. Usual thing or still from the fall? Maybe it will be better tomorrow after today's rest.

Hope Lucas is better today emzap. Shame about the picnic, nice idea to do one.

Was also out running this morning Ale. Good point regarding Chicksta, hope all is okay.

Nice weather for your trip OH and Els.

Yesterday's buns looked nice Els. Those 1.4k could be the missing 9 minutes? That is a great mileage altogether.

Sorry you haven't been well WP. Well done on the 5k.

Seems you have a plan sorted for London Dustin.

What: 8.6k recoveryish with some short strides
    Why: warm and humid and longer MLR planned for tomorrow.
    Last hard: humidity.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    nice pics OH
    Emz - how has Lucas been today?
    what - 12x400 off 60s this morning 
    why - aiming for some speed 
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - today 
    Already pretty muggy by 8am, so opted for 400s instead of 800s, not sure that made much of a difference... pretty consistent ~90s so target 5k pace, but certainly felt it.
    Light gardening this afternoon but was too hot for anything too strenuous. Pub for tea, there will be beer and possibly cake....
    who am I kidding, course there will be cake..
  • Enjoy the outing Dustin. A hot day for a session.

I hope you had a nice time with your friend OH.

Still the fall I'm afraid hazel though my knees haven't been right all year :-( At the moment I'm not confident of running tomorrow. My ankle has swollen again. How are your injuries?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Those lyrics sum up this week's (non)sleep pattern 💤

Sorry for being AWOL. Work got in the way and I simply couldn't face logging onto my tablet late in the evening. I'm about to melt though. 34 degrees today 🔥

Hazel: those cat farts made me chuckle :)

Els: fab mileage and I'd say your running equals your baking if you manage such a feat :) Totally get it re. those missing 1.4k :D. Those buns looked super yummy, btw.

I really hope your knees play ball and you get those iron issues sorted, LMH. So great to hear that you have the speed for sub 3 despite imited training. Goes to show that class is permanent.
    Is that quote about the ego from Top Gun?

Is Lucas a bit better, em?

And good to see poppy again.

That wreck looks spooky, OH. I'd be freaked out swimming there! I'm such a wuss and constantly afraid of coming across something dead or slimy.

Managed a 3 hour bike ride first thing today, before it got too hot. The parkrun crew are having a BBQ party tonight but my social angst kept me away. As much as I'd have loved to see them again I can't bring myself to attend a gathering of 15 or more people...

We're going to visit friends of ours tomorrow for a much smaller BBQ - just the 4 of us :)
  • 6 mile costal run completed in glorious sun.