Sunday 9th August 2020 - You pretend you're high

Morning.

Lyrics - You pretend you're high

Pretend you're bored

Glad you're ok chicksta. Yes, the line was from Top Gun. Love that film. I'd have opted for the smaller social gathering too. Hope you have a good time. That was a lot of time on the bike. When I say the speed is there I mean I'm running at my usual pace when I can run.

More miles OH - and lots of swimming too - hope the stone continues to allow you to enjoy your freedom.

Although it was my knee that was bad yesterday morning my ankle swelled during the day too so definitely fall damage. I'm not too bad once I get moving but there's no point in trying to run on it. I'll just put myself out for longer. I'll just have to hope I can sell my marathon place.

Grey and cooler here today. MiL is coming for dinner and Lola will want a couple of short walks, not sure what's going to happen other than that!

What:           nothing
Why:            broken
Last hard:    healing
Last rest:     8/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Should've known Better - Richard Marx.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Probably nothing
    Bad night with stone
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Oh lmh I'm so sorry to hear your run has set you back. Sending healing vibes and hugs!

To be fair Lucas seems fine due to the croup, just breathing sounds horrible sometimes. Think teeth are causing more of an issue.

Yesterday's lyrics very appropriate, have had hardly any sleep the last few nights!

Yesterday ran 5km at 10 am which was far too hot! Didn't manage to post as my dad came up after that for the day.

Today will be a walk. 

Dustin, possibly cake, who are you kidding :wink: 

Chick glad you're ok! Sensible about the bbq

Wp how are you today?

Els and oh you live in such a stunning place!

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Did you catch the cricket, Emz?

Sorry to hear about the stone playing up again, OH. Still no appointment news?

Hope the ankle and knee ease, LMH, and at least permit a decent walk or three. 

What: probably an easy run plus stretches

Why: not enough stretching yesterday plus ran long
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: about 45 minutes d&d including pushing hard up a short rise x 4, plus stretches

Why: part of the introduction to speedwork. Brought up 58k for the week, another high for years. Didn't really intend to go that high: it just happened!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear that, OH.

Oh no, LMH. That's not good news about your ankle. Do you have to make a decision about the race now or can you sell your place nearer the time?

Glad to hear that Lucas isn't suffering too badly, em.

You're very diligent with your stretching, ale.

Was planning on a swim this morning but the lake was so overcrowded yesterday and people left tons of rubbish behind that I was quite appalled by the sight. Cycled to the office instead (is a lovely route) and enjoyed coffee and a Danish on the rooftop terrace. I usually forget what a stunning location this is :)
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Elbphilharmonie in the background 😊

• That is a beautiful location chicksta. Can't imagine being able (or wanting) to go into anywhere I've ver worked to have coffee and cake. I have until 24th September to transfer my place assuming I can find an eligible and willing person.

Sorry to hear that OH.

Glad the croup isn't causing Lucas too much trouble emzap. Nice to have the day with your dad I bet.

Alehouse - physio wants me to limit walking too. Great to be building as you are.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    I didn't even stop on my floor :D
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    ... and I don't really like cycling so I always need a nice destination to motivate me :)

Btw, love Too Gun too! And Dirty Dancing which my water melon salad reminded me of. Famous quote "I carried a water melon" 🤣
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Afternoon

That is a lovely view Chicksta. Certainly beats the police and fire stations I had in my old office. Nice pic of you too. Good reward for the cycling. Bloody litterers.

:/ regarding the ankle LMH. Hope MIL dinner is not a cause of more stress. 

:/ regarding the stone OH. Must be especially hard for it to be bearable for a while and then flair up again.

Hope you had a nice time with your dad yesterday emzap.

Good week's work Ale. You are in a good phase at the moment - long may it continue! Short hill efforts are fun.

What: 26k long run this morning up and down a river, bridges offering opportunities for using both banks.
    Why: leg tester (passed), flat and mostly shady. Haven't run longer for a couple of weeks and don't want to drop the habit.
    Last hard: the ground - again! Just grazes this time, though I did bash my bruised knee again. Ran another 8 miles on it with just some aching so no real damage.
    Last friendly: almost everyone I met uttered a cheerful good morning. Likely because I made an effort to do so and smile as well!
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: No
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Ended up walking along the canal, I guess about 8km. Lucas loved being on daddy's back 😍

Busy out and we were commenting on the litterers

Beautiful view chick. Hamburg is lovely
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Hazel Ouch. Please be careful
  • Oh no Hazel - hope you're still ok in the morning. Sounds like a nice run.

chicksta - yep, Dirty Dancing is another of my favourites. How about Footloose?

emzap - nice to have someone to share the load :-)
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    stunning Chicksta :-)

LMH hope the ankle heals soon

OH sorry to hear the stone is giving you trouble

Apologies, not been on here much lately, still running a little most days, but body finds it harder in the heat as i'm finding out with the MS, looking to see what happens in the Autumn months....

Still off work, but hoping to get back in the next few weeks

Take care all
  • Pain settled by afternoon so managed swim and run  :smile:
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Ooh, dance films, LMH. Now you're talking :) yeah, Footloose, Flashdance - I love all those 80s classics.

Oh no Hazel. Please be careful. That's almost a metric marathon :)

Glad you're feeling better, OH.

Good to see you, RFJ. Are you looking forward to getting back to work?

I bet Lucas loved piggy backing, em