Monday 10th August 2020 - While I was watching you did a slow dissolve

Morning.

Lyrics - While I was watching you did a slow dissolve

I'm running out of inspiration for the lyrics guys - where have the other early risers got to?

Glad you were able to get out after all OH.

Keep doing what you can RFJ.

The swelling in my ankle has definitely reduced/possibly gone this morning and knee feels better though I am still aware of them both. Need to decide whether to give them another day or try a short run. Also need to decide what my tactics are going to be going forward. It could be that my best option is to adopt the boom or bust pattern that I did in the spring - put the miles in one day knowing it's likely to result in a day or two off afterwards and repeat. Hoping my patient physio will have the time for a chat about it at some point today.

What:           probably nothing
Why:            sensible thing would be to give it another day
Last hard:    being sensible/knowing the best thing to do
Last rest:     9/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Stupid Girl by Garbage.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Still too early for me, LMH! I was a couple of minutes too late. 

Hope the physio can chat!

Good to see you, RFJ! Keep on keeping on!

What: probably something relatively short plus stretches

Why: feel a bit jaded today. Hopefully wake up when I get out!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope you brighten up Alehouse - it's a lovely morning here. My physio has given me loads of time for free and told me not to waste my money on another appointment with her so I can't complain if she doesn't.
  • Morning

Not an early riser for doing the lyrics and I can rarely think of any - will try to again.

Good luck with getting hold of your physio LMH and that he/she has a good idea. Better news on the legs today. 

A run might be just what you need to wake up Ale - enjoy.

Nice to see you RFJ. 

What: pre work recovery - 6.6 k
    Why: long yesterday, standard start to the week
    Last hard: still very humid and likely to stay that way for now.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry LMH wasn't awake yet!

What: running club tonight
    Why: it's Monday
    Last hard: I am back on full time childcare from today!  Could be considered hard, not sure I remember what to do!
    Lyrics: nope

LMH hope your physio can help give you some idea of what approach to use.
    RFJ good to see you. 
    Ale I've put a reminder on my calendar to stretch every day.  I have decided that if I'm going to complete my 5km a day challenge, I need to stretch to try and avoid injury.  Inspired by Ale (should clarify, the person, not the drink!) :)

Have a lovely day all.

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Inspired by Ale. I like that, Emz! And I don't just mean the ale. 

What: just over half an hour plus stretches d&d

Why: get it out the way! Most humid that it has been I think and was working harder (but not very hard!) for the pace than usual. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good idea emzap. I'm sure it will all come flooding back :-)

We are forecast a nice day today Hazel but it hasn't materialised yet, only about 20C at the minute.

The humidity definitely makes it feel harder Alehouse.

Physio has been brilliant as usual and thinks that my boom and bust approach is probably my best bet at building sufficient endurance to feel that it's worth toeing the start line though she has cautioned that I will need to be diligent in resting on the days when things don't feel good. Apparently I can expect the ankle to continue to swell for some time and that's not a big problem but when the knees swell I need to stop.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LMH - sounds good advice from the fizz. What race is it you have pencilled in?
    RFJ - good to hear you're still out running, the heat is a struggle for most of us I think
    OH - a better night with the stone I hope?
    Chick - nice views for coffee and cake
    Inspired by Ale...probably  ;)

What - easy run & coaching village group
    Why - Monday 
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - Saturday

• Good night had :smile:
    Nice longish swim this morning even if sun now away.
    Loop group this evening ...

New date for op - Friday 4th September. Hoping Els isn't scheduled around same weekend.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all

been off again I do apologise!
    OH I am sweating so that photo and all that water looks like heaven!!
    Dustin enjoy the run in company
    LMH sorry about the ankle, this is from the dog knocking you down isn't it? Sounds like you have a brilliant physio
    alehouse, you have done the right thing getting it done, I am waiting for a man to fit carpets so sadly not been out yet!!
    emzap enjoy the club run and keeeeeep stretching
    hazel hope it was a good recovery run
    What: very very short something when I can
    why: back very sore see below
    last hard:' yesterday am, hilly forest 10.6 slow miles
    last rest: 31/12/16

Ran with my mate, it was so slow and my back didn't like being out for almost 3 hours running (2.40). Taking it easy today.  When carpet is fitted I will stroll down to the letterbox and jog around a little.

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Sorry, LMH. These days I seem to be awake all night and then fall asleep when I should get up messing too much with my head to post lyrics. Will try to do better :) Sound advice from your physio.

OH: Looks refreshing. Glad you have a date set for your op. Fingers crossed. 

Ale/Em: Had to chuckle at "inspired by ale - the person, not the drink" :)

Ouch wabo, not nice having a sore back. 

Just an hour of s&c for me today. About 33 degrees again. We were forcast some thunderstorms but they passed us by. So no relief, not even for an hour. Hey ho, it's summer :)

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Must say, I don't really like ale, the drink not the person :wink:

Done a lot of walking today, oh had a scan to check a lump on his neck and so Lucas and I went for a walk from the hospital to get us all coffee.  Plus a walk to the playground to meet friends (ironically on my own as Lucas was asleep in bed!) and a lunchtime walk.

Club is 20 min out and 20 min back. Think I'll be taking it easy!
  • Hope the walk loosened your back Wabo. My physio is a top woman in many respects.

Good to have a date OH. I hope that Els doesn't get offered one that makes it awkward.

Dustin - Wrexham.

Sounds like quite an active day already emzap. I hope the scan reveals nothing to worry about.
  • Another vote for liking Ale but not ale, I'm a cider drinker myself on the rare occasions I have alcohol but none at all since hospital.
    Glad Lucas is cheery despite the croup Emzap and you seem to be getting out lots.
    A few days of long walks rather than running to try to let blisters settle having limited success so meeting friend for short run tomorrow.
    Was good to have our friend Ian up and meet his new companion.
    I'm not looking to make things awkward for Peter as obviously his procedure takes precedence as he's having a lot of symptoms but going to see what date I'm offered and if necessary defer.  Would be good if that isn't needed but it's not a situation where I can ask for a specific date.
    RFJ - good to hear from you, heat not a problem here, highest has been 19C on Sat, very pleasant it was too. Hope it cools down for you.
    LMH sounds good to just go for it for your marathon - always time to rest afterwards!
    Chick/Hazel - sounds hot indeed but your rooftop coffee bar looks good!
    Wabo - that's a long run!
    Lyrics - not a clue. Not likely to be posting them either though often awake early these days I have my sourdough to attend to!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
     Only managed a mile after a little walk. Back sore still. So being careful. 
    Carpet fitted in new bedroom so can't wait to get in there! Too hot to set up new bed at the moment.
    Els hope the dates work out ok
    Emzap hope the lump comes to nothing, my son always had one but it turned out to be lymph node which swells when his eczema does
    Chick wishing for thunderstorm this heat is too much
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can