Tuesday 11th August - sunrise doesn't last all morning

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Training
Morning all

Thought I'd give LMH a break and start my first one of these - such pressure choosing lyrics. I hope they haven't been used recently. I'm doing night shifts this week - not an early riser

Lyrics - Sunrise doesn't last all morning, a cloudburst doesn't last all day

Managed 5k run on Saturday , and another yesterday evening before work - both pretty hot and not especially fast, but good to be getting back in to it

Hope the morning brings some ease from the various ailments

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Slow Motion by David Gray.

Cheers chamolk - you're a star :-) Great that you are back running. Difficult sleeping around night shifts when the weather is like this.

Els - I've had far too much rest this year as it is but unfortunately bits of my body could still do with more in order to heal and other bits won't no matter how much rest I give them. Hence difficult to know what to do for the best. Hope you enjoy the run with your friend.

It's a grey start to the day here but its forecast to be a hot one. I'm rather nervous about my run, setting out knowing that it's almost certainly going to result in not being able to run again tomorrow feels a bit strange but needs must. I just hope everything holds up for the run itself.

Some good news. Lola had a medication and limp free day yesterday so she's hopefully on the mend.

What:            LSR
    Why:             boom
    Last hard:     healing
    Last rest:      10/8

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning
    lyrics no
    Chamolk glad you are getting back into it and no it isn't easy
    LMH good news about lola, long may it continue.  Enjoy your lsr.  Your lyrics were very fitting for my movements yesterday and will be today as well

what: hoped for a 5k, doubtful
    why: back
    last hard: yesterday evening
    last rest:31/12/16

have a good day all, I will try and get something done at about 8 I think 

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Glad you are making progress, Chamolk!

Hope the LSR goes to plan, LMH!

And hope the back eases, Wabo! Strangely my back at the lower end where I fractured the sacrum was playing up yesterday. Wonder if it is after doing a tiny bit of quicker stuff. 

What: a run of some description later, plus stretches

Why: raining at present! I think it will evaporate rather quickly when it stops! Strengthening glutes and hamstrings particularly. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good morning

My bad leg from car accident and ankle from ligament tears last year are really aching today. No idea why. Wonder if it's the fundraising equivalent of maranoia...

What: short walk
    Why: having an easy week in preparation for Saturday
    Last hard: running a. 39°C, 20 min out then get back to base in 20 min. Out was uphill and really tough.  Didn't stay for extra efforts as was enough and was soaked by then!
    Lyrics: nope.  If I'd have had to start this morning it would have been nursery rhymes !!

Lmh good news about Lola. Hope the run is good even though you know it means no run tomorrow.

Chamolk, remind me were you injured or ill? Good to see you again.

Going to our first baby class in 20 weeks (last time was when I was on my last week of leave, my oh missed out for the whole time he was off).  

Have a lovely day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all (Just)
    LMH - hope the LSR goes OK, and goodnews about Lola
    Wabo - ouchie with the back, take it easy
    Chamolk - glad you're getting back, but really, didn't we have these lyrics last week   :D 
    Emz  - sounds a good session, the 20/20
    OH - looks bracing, OK when you're in I guess!
    Els - pleased you have a date, lets hope it doesn't change

What - club night, 400/300/200/100 efforts , same distance steady, x3
    Why - I am athlete
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - will be today
    lyric - not sure I do...
  • No running today
    Stiff left knee (old partial meniscectomy and running to not exacerbate stone). Stone also grumbling.
    Made a cake.
    Will swim after lunch.
    36 years ago today we tied the knot.
    Last rest was a while ago.
    Last hard: losing sight of 100 miles this month (currently on 49)
    Lyrics no

Love the idea of nursery rhyme lyrics - might actually get some of those LOL
  • Happy Anniversary OH - Hope you and Els have found a way to make it special for yourselves. What did you bake?

I wouldn't recommend it as a marathon training schedule Dustin. One of the hardest LSRs I think I've ever done. I'm sure I've felt better after racing marathons! Enjoy your club session.

Hope your aches ease emzap. It probably is taper madness.
  • Hot and muggy day here...Inganess trail run with friend...really enjoyable but also tough especially when we got back on the roads at the end. 
    LMH haven't done a long run in so long but happy just to be out there at present. Well done with yours.
    Dustin it's Peter who has a date just hoping it's not same week as I get mine though they will have to give enough warning for covid tests etc.
    Emzap that sounds mega tough!
    Wabo hope back ok!
    Eek hadn't done anything at all about wedding anniversary and embarrassed to bee presented with a beautiful cake stand. Feel spoilt!
    Lyrics nope...Maybe worth giving the nursery rhymes a whirl!
  • And good news on Lola lack of limp. Playing with friends two dogs after our run...one really wants to run for a ball other just wants food!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Happy anniversary oh and els, wow cake stand thats lovely!
    lots of aches today
    Hope you are not too bad after the lsr LMH - think that is what has tipped me over the edge this week, close on 3 hours on my feet was just too much
    emzap, hope it is only 'taper' madness
    dustin indeed you are athlete, enjoy the club run
    alehouse, hope you had a good run
    My daughter has shown me a good stretch that I will try in a bit, something like pidgeon pose

Definitely going with only a mile, I need this back to ease. Cancelled all weeks  plans for club run and mates walk etc (sensible)
    This heat is unbearable!!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Will be interesting to see how the knees are tomorrow, LMH! Well done on banking it! Probably not the easiest day to do it heat-wise!

Sounds like a decent run, Els. Glad that one of you has a date! Hope you get yours soon and it doesn't clash. 

What: just 25 minutes.

Why:  didn't get out until this afternoon and it was 28 degrees. Kept it gentle but heart rate was fairly high for the effort. Quite a few niggles today as well so took an easy day, which is fine just as long as I don't take too many. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I'm not quite sure you can say that after your recent ultra Els. Cake and a cake stand - very nice!

Sorry to hear that your back is still bad Wabo.

It wasn't the easiest day to have done it Alehouse. Didn't realise quite how hot it was (you know I like it hot) until I got on the scales pre-shower. Despite 400mls of water on the run and 200ml drink when I got home I was still 1.4kg lighter than first thing this morning. I don't usually sweat much! Well done on being sensible. Knees feel ok so far - ankle seems to be the weakest link though it will be tomorrow I'll know about the knees really.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    It was 30 last night, not 39! But still too hot!  Just been for a walk and am sweating coming home. Lucas is not enjoying the heat!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    That's good news regarding Lola and your LSR, LMH. Kudos for going long in this heat. 34 degrees here today. I am quite glad I'm not training at the mo. I do my s&c first thing in the garden when it's bearable and that's it for the time being :)
    1.4 kg in weight loss is loads. Make sure you re-hydrate properly during the day.

Happy anniversary OH and Els.

Take it easy, wabo. And ale. Hope your respective backs ease up.

Looks like you're getting back into the swing of things, chamolk.

Hope it's only fundrasing maranoia, em. And I do hope your oh's scan comes out ok. 

Enjoy the speed work, Dustin. I know you like it :) 

More s&c today and very little sleep again. It was so hot last night that we stayed in the garden until midnight and watched the stars. Quite lovely but the mossies won and made us retreat in the end. 

• Afternoon (or evening here..)

Good news on your return to running going well Chamolk.

Glad you have a date for your OP OH.  Fingers crossed it works out this time.  Nice swimming pic yesterday.

Good news both on Lola and that you got your LSR done LMH.  Hope that the legs aren't too bad tomorrow. 

Congratulations on your anniversary OH and Els.  Nice combo of cake stand + cake!

Hope your backs ease fast Wabo and Ale.

Ale, you should have got out in the rain rather than the heat.

Have a good club session despite the heat Dustin.

Hope your OH's scan finds nothing emzap.  Can imagine the babies in that classs have grown quite a bit in those 20 weeks.  Hot run yesterday.

What: 6.4 miles pre-work
    Why: not going to the group run in this heat/humidity
    Last hard: increased social isolation because of that
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    LMH - yeah, need to keep the bedroom window closed to keep out the noise whilst I'm trying to sleep, but then it just gets too hot to sleep well. Good news about Lola

Emzap - appendicitis/appendicectomy, 5 weeks ago now. Hope you get reassuring news soon about the scan

Dustin - I'm going to have to look through the threads now to see if they were used last week, I missed a few days. I like your reason why for your run. 

Happy anniversaries OH and Els

Just back from another 5k - thought it would have cooled down a bit more by this time, but it's still pretty hot (and I'm still deconditioned). Back in to work shortly , hope I stop sweating before then
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Still very warm here which we are not used to either in the north-west. Was 29 or thereabouts when I ran. Well done on the 5k Chamolk, and I recall summers of working nights and failing to sleep during the day.

I don't recall the lyrics being used recently, either!
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    I can't see them in the last week or two , I assume he's winding me up