Thursday 13th August - well, you wake up in the mornin

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Training
Lyrics - Well, you wake up in the mornin, you hear the work bell ring
And they march you to the table, you see the same old thing

Yesterday's were Loser by Beck

That's good going Wabo - is that just north of the border?

LMH /Dustin - I actually noticed the emoji, let's just put it down to sleep deprivation 

I wasn't sure about my pains - felt them some hours after running whilst I was in work so wondered if it was just sitting at the computer too much. But I didn't run before work last night and I've had no pain at all, so maybe I need to leave it another week - you're probably right OH. 

Hope you've dried out by now Els

Did he make it home OK Hazel? 

What - walk I suppose

Comments

• Morning.

Sorry to hear that you're still struggling with your back Wabo. Cooler weather due here tomorrow.

chamolk - I'd have blamed work but it seems that your experiment has identified the running as the culprit. I hope it isn't long before you can get back to it. I don't know the lyrics but I like them.

Boy it was a warm night - I think the temperature only went down to 18C - and it's another warm morning though we are only forecast a high of 26C today. Lola is already flat out on the grass in the back garden. If everything feels ok after Lola's walk I shall ignore my excellent physio's advice and head out for a run though I will just make it a MLR today and then hope to recover in time for another run this week.

What:         hopefully a MLR
    Why:          the clock is ticking
    Last hard:  not being able to run as much as I'd like
    Last rest:   12/8

Lyrics - yes. 
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Yes chamolk just north of the border. Still got 280 miles to go!! Hope you work out what's best to do
    Lyrics no
    Lmh enjoy the mlr
    First night on a new mattress, oh not sure. I like it. 
    What sticking witha mile
    Why a week like this will not hurt
    Last hard last night
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Happy to be in the new bedroom but we  need bedside lamps and tables now! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Hope your back is improving, Wabo!

Don't rush things, Chamolk!

Difficult balancing act, LMH!

What: whatever the legs decide...and the heat, plus stretches

Why: running to feel...and I feel hot already!

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Alehouse - someone turned the heating off here whilst I was out walking Lola - positively chilly now!

Wabo - I hope the new mattress helps your back.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Morning again!

Whilst not remotely chilly it was indeed cooler when I ran due to a fairly strong breeze which now seems to have dropped. 

What: 7.66k including 2 x3 mins with 2 mins jog recovery, plus stretches d&d

Why: step one of my 16 step "speed" work. Not 16 weeks: may take longer due to cut back weeks, or possibly shorter if a few steps are missed out. The latter is unlikely based on today's performance: didn't get up to the hoped for pace. No rush! 
    Shouldn't really have done the session today after struggling a little yesterday but all was fine. 

Now to watch some of the test from Southampton. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon - just.

OH spent about half an hour chatting to some cyclists in a bus stop shelter during the worst yesterday and got home ok.

Good luck with the MLR LMH.

Enjoy Scotland Wabo.  The new mattress also.

Good plan regarding speedwork Ale.

What: MLR sometime this afternoon
    Why: didn't get up early enough this morning
    Last hard: timing, wanted to go out over lunch, storm warning and monsoon so ate instead but it was only a short shower.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Difficult to second guess the weather Hazel. Hope conditions aren't too bad for you this evening.

Forecast rain and thunderstorms haven't materialised here Alehouse though it was close and very grey whilst I was out.

My run went ok, slow but I can live with that. I was tempted to push the mileage in case it's another couple of days before I can run again but I was sensible. Ended up stopped for about twenty minutes three quarters of a mile before the end of my run to offer socially distanced first aid and reassurance as one of a group of teenage riders had fallen off. Fortunately just cuts and bruises and very upset. I arranged for someone to go and fetch a ranger and first aid box (we were in the country park), reassured mum on the phone and then had to get going again which wasn't easy.
  • Quiet here today, guess everyone's been running and Chamolk sleeping after working night. C was your appendicectomy open or laparoscopic? Guess a few more muscles need to heal if open surgery.
    Lyrics - nope
    Dry today but a warm night here too. Up and down the hill by the back route(slightly longer), home and baked my cinnamon buns then looped round scapa to make a 10m day, might be post op longest run.
    missed deadline to enter virtual Kirkwall half today, ah well 13m sounds a long way still!
    Bad rail derailment at Stonehaven yesterday, I line I regularly use travelling to running events south. Apparently fortunately there were only a few passengers on that train but still horrible.
    LMH - all my runs are currently slow, in fact have been for some time. Despite this my wrist HRM seems to register pretty high HRs at times, never used a HRM before, don't know why this should be. However at rest there often is a discrepancy between the HRM rate and a manual recording so I should probably just say it's inaccurrate!
    Have a good evening all.

• Waiting to hear if going to be a localised Orkney lockdown following a small cluster here this week. We don't seem to be getting much information.
  • Wrist based optical HRM are notorious for being inaccurate during activity Els. I think given it's only been a few weeks (if that?) since you returned to running after (how long?) being unable to I think it's reasonable to be a bit slower than usual - you are doing really well. A shame about the Kirkwall Half, I'm sure you'd have managed it. Not good news about your cluster of cases, do they know where they've come from? It would be a pain to be locked down before you have to start self isolating.
  • 10 more slow miles
    No specific weather (NSW)
    (Maritime Forecast term)
    Lyrics no

Covid cluster linked to crew of small fishing boat. No suggestion of local lockdown.