Friday 14th August 2020 - I don't know why, I just feel I'm better off,

Morning.

Lyrics - I don't know why, I just feel I'm better off,

Staying in the same room I was born in,

A fishing boat from Orkney OH? Wonder where they came into contact with it. Good that it doesn't look as though it's going to result in a lock down. Do you have many tourists this year?

My ankle swelled after yesterday's run and is still a bit swollen and achy this morning but my knees feel ok so I'm taking that as a good sign. Last day of the warm weather so it would be nice to get out for a run to make the most of it but I have no intention of doing so. I think I'm pushing my luck as it is. I am hoping that I'll be able to run a bit more frequently next week but that may be the triumph of optimism over experience.

What:          nothing
Why:           see above
Last hard:   not being able to run as much as I'd like
Last rest:    12/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Morning!

Sounds sensible, LMH!

What: about 40 minutes easy, stretches

Why: what M75 has suggested, which suits me as the last two days have been relatively hard. And I need to stretch!

Cooler this morning but supposed to warm up later...and stay dry.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Back slowly slowly easing but still far from ok. When I don't run so much I seem to ache everywhere 😢
    Awful about that train els. 
    Lmh sensible head is the one, I'm wearing it too
    Alehouse enjoy the run in company
    What 1.5 ish maybe road maybe treaddie
    Why did 1.5 on treaddie yesterday
    Last hard waking up
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Hazel I'm only virtually in Scotland sadly! On lejog
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Looks like I forgot to post yesterday, work has been mental (not helped by having half the staff on holibobs)
    LMH - good first aid skills yesterday, well done, good to see a sensible head today!
    OH - decent mileage yesterday
    Ale - enjoy the M75 excursion
    Wabo - see any elopers at Gretna?

What - something easy
    Why - treating the hammy with respect
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - for the sheer humidity alone, yesterday. 10k over the fields, dodging the rain but I was wringing sweat out of tee, shorts and socks. Nobody else was out and thankfully looks a bit cooler today.

Club races went well on Wednesday, have a night of U11 75s, plus 800s and Shot for u13s upwards in 2 weeks. Slowly getting back....

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

Glad the track seems to be going well, Dustin. Track racing has started up here, not that I have been yet: would have been good to witness an 800 on Tuesday where Max Burgin, aged 18, ran 1:44.75! UK age group record, beat Seb Coe's stadium record and certainly one to watch for the future.

What: just over 40 mins with M75

Why: as planned. More stretches to do later!

Hope the hamstring settles, Dustin.

Are you doing any stretches for your back, Wabo, or are you just letting it recover in its own time?

Is everything ok after you fell during the race, Hazel?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Wabo - I always find that inactivity makes any aches feel worse. I'm finding it hard not to go out for a good walk on these rest days but as my physio thinks that my usual six miles is too much I'm trying to find ways to distract myself - baking this morning (me, not the weather).

Is your hamstring still troubling you Dustin?

Good idea to take the easier day today Alehouse.
  • Slow jog up the hill (7 miles), swim later
    While I'm allowed
    Last hard: it's all hard at moment
    Last rest 3 days ago
    Lyrics no

Closing pubs in Peterhead could be the appropriate Covid measure here ;)

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oops, I missed yesterday.

Looks like you're running quite well, at least in terms of mileage, OH. 

Sensible, LMH. I wish it would finally cool down here but no such luck. The whole next week will be over 30 degrees every day. And the nights are quite sticky too. I seem to fall asleep shortly before 4am most nights. As I'm not training for anything I'm not too bothered. Sticking to my routine of doing at least 30mins of s&c every day. Nice first aid skills yesterday.

Sorry to hear your back is still giving you grief, wabo

Ale: I don't know anything about those short track distances (apart from Usain Bolt's 100m times) but beating Seb Coe sounds pretty awesome. Rapid youngster :)

Is your hammie sorted again, Dustin?

Last hard: numbers on the rise. We are back to the figures last seen in May which is worrying me. Definitely no return to the gym anytime soon. I'm to freaked out. Hope there won't be another lockdown ...

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    That sounds like a plan OH.

chicksta - are they reintroducing any controls? Numbers seem to be rising just about everywhere :-(

Where's emzap? Hopefully fit and well and raring to start her challenge tomorrow.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry somehow the week has got away with me.

Apart from running club on Monday, just been walking and doing strength and stretching in preparation for start of challenge tomorrow. 

Had a bit of a scare last night, Lucas fell in the bath and hit his head.  Is sporting a nice black eye this morning.  To be fair, it swelled up so fast last night we thought it would be worse this morning, but you can only notice it if you know it's there.  Meant we had a late night though waiting for doctor to phone back.

Annoying about the outbreak OH/Els.  Hope it doesn't affect your appointments.
    LMH hope the ankles are ok.  Good first aiding yesterday
    Dustin are you running on the track?  Thought of you today, discovered a new bakery that does the most ridiculous flavours of donuts and bagels.
    Chick all my German friends are behaving as if COVID is over.  Though, so I suppose are a lot of people over here...
    Am debating how to do my challenge.  Run every day until I can't fit it in/get injured, or build in walk days to make sure I don't get injured...I'm leaning towards the latter, but also what ratio of runs to walks to try and do.

Have a lovely day all.
  • 500m around Barrier at Churchill Barrier 3.

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi again
    Emz - multi flavoured donuts and bagels, where do I sign up?
    OH - looks a good route!
    Thanks for the hammy concerns. It was behaving today, rather nice 8 miler through the woods, and a bit stiff and achey now, but no "tugging" so some stretching and hopefully nothing more comes of it.
    Ale - we're probably running the 800s off the 4x4 (3 bend) stagger so break after 500m, or we'll adjust the start and run the whole lot in lanes. I think the former as we're limiting to 4 per race.
    A few good youngsters coming through, one of ours ran a 1.46.7 last year and won silver (in a UK 1-2-3) at the European U20s. Also have another guy based in the US, who's a sub 1.46 runner. Jake Wightman spotted training at our track during some of lockdown as not many places open!

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon from a bright and sunny north-west! A nice contrast to the Southampton area where the test is being hampered by bad light: would have had another full day at Old Trafford!

Dustin: think the 800 guy, Max Burgin, was first in the European under 20s. Will be a fair amount of competition to get on the Olympics team...if there is one!

Emz: the key thing will be to run slowly! And I mean 35 to 40 mins for your 5ks. Set a target pace...and run more slowly than that! That way you will be unlikely to be injured. And should be able to run most days, if not all. Must pop over to your donations page!
  • emz - I'd say run them easy until you feel you need a rest day and then walk. I don't think 5k a day run like that should take too much out of you. Glad to hear that Lucas is ok. Scary. My ankle is only slightly swollen now, can still feel it when walking but hope that will have resolved by the morning.

That looks nice and still OH.

Dustin - the 800m that I've heard of have been run fully in lanes (every other lane used) which must feel a bit weird. Good to hear that the hamstring feels better.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Did I miss your donations page,  Em?
    Scary about Lucas' fall but glad he seems ok now.
    Sadly a lot of people on hols behave like loons and bring Covid back :(

No talks about lockdown 2.0 yet but as party folk are out in force I wouldn't be surprised if they imposed another curfew.

• chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    On a more positive note: It's my 10 year anniversary at work today and I got a surprise bonus cheque plus flowers. Was quite touched as I hadn't expected anything in Covid times 😷
    It's nice to be appreciated 😊