Saturday 15 August 2020 - it's gonna happen tonight

Morning :)
Another rather uncomfortable night. 5am and it's still over 20 degrees. The wind has died down as well so that'll be another scorcher. Taking the bike out for a few hours, before it becomes unbearably hot :)

Lyrics:  it's gonna happen tonight
I'm gonna make you feel right

Comments

• chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Oh, you beat me to it by 4 minutes chick. I'll just copy my post here - can't work out how to delete my other one.

Thursday's lyrics were the midnight special by Creedence Clearwater Revival (plus others, but that's the version I was humming to myself)

Missed yesterday - got 3 hours sleep on Thursday morning, then was in my other covid centre job. Was there again all day Friday , and now doing the overnight shift again . Off this weekend so I'm hoping to recover a bit.

5k Thursday evening - managed it in 24:32 which was a nice surprise, did another 5k last night but took it a bit easier.

Hope the ankle is OK today LMH, hope the back is better Wabo, hope work eases off Dustin. 

What - BED
    Why - I'm tired
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Not Today by Twenty One Pilots.

You can't delete a new thread start chamolk. That's a bit of a punishing work schedule. Enjoy your weekend off. I hope there were no repercussions from your runs?

Nice indeed to feel appreciated chicksta. Hope you enjoy the bike ride. Chilly, grey and due to get worse here. It would appear that summer is over.

First day of emzap's challenge - go girl!

I am thinking of doing a very short, easy run today and hoping that I will then be able to run again tomorrow. The alternative is to not run again today so that I know I'll be able to run tomorrow. Running every other day is already more than my physio thinks I should be doing but I'm struggling to get my head round how I can get anywhere near marathon fit on three runs a week plus you don't know what you can do until you try. Conversely I don't want to put myself out for longer by pushing things too far..............<<sigh>>

What:          to be decided after Lola's walk
    Why:           see above
    Last hard:   knowing what to do for the best
    Last rest:    14/8

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

That's a nice surprise chick :)
    Chamolk that sounds brutal. Good 5km there!
    Lmh hope the ankle is ok

What: 5.01 km
    Why: day 1 of 31
    Last hard: that was :( my legs felt so heavy and I'm sweating buckets. Although it's cooler the humidity is horrendous.
    Lyrics: nope

Have a great day all. We are off to a joint birthday picnic for Lucas and his friends (we are doing lots of those rather than one party).
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Morning!

Well done on day 1, Emz! And slow down!

And a nice 10 year surprise, Chick!

And slow down, Chamolk!

With your years of running in the bank, LMH, three days a week will be fine as long as you can get a long run in.

What: 87 minutes

Why: my LSR. Very humid. It was warm and sunny when I set off but the breeze picked up and it clouded over.

Lyrics: no

Edit: made my cakes for December 25th yesterday!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Too early Alehouse! Humid here too. 

Well done emzap. Hope everyone enjoys the picnic.
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Did you post your donation link again Emz? Sorry if I missed it - could you please send it? Hope the picnic goes well. 

Seems early for christmas stuff ale, is the cake soaking in something? Or maturing (or whatever its called in baking)

How did the cycle go chick? 

Nice day today here, though I slept until about 3. The police apparently told the local rail services to stop selling tickets to certain destinations as they were so busy. Our numbers with covid have started to jump up quite significantly this week, it could be the start of a second wave of cases if we don't get on top of it promptly 
  • That's not good chamolk but seems almost inevitable as people seem to be taking the relaxation of restrictions too far. I can't see all the people in England caught out by the change in quarantine regulations self isolating for two weeks.
  • Sea dip and another slow jog (6 miles). Nice sunny afternoon.
    Self isolation from Thursday (but will now be in virtual company with contacts of Orkney cluster and anyone returning from France)
    Uncertainties are hard
    Lyrics no
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya,
    chamolk - hectic stuff, but thanks!
    emz - well done on day 1. How is Lucas after the bath episode?
    Chick - a pleasant surprise from work, congrats.

what - track
    had set off to do 3x6x200 but hamstring started grumbling after set 1 so being cautious just did a few 800s at 5k pace.
    why - turn the legs
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - today
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Hope there is no reaction, Dustin

Chamolk: I always bake my cakes in August (actually I am later than usual) so that I can feed with brandy on the first of the next few months! Not sure about there being a second wave...don't think the first one has gone yet! I will forward you Emz's link. 

Get those miles in before Thursday, OH!

Yes, hope Lucas is ok. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chamolk I sent a link earlier :)

Lucas fine now thankfully though bump seems to have caused immense hunger!

Lovely picnic where mums got to drink bubbly and dads drove home!

Tomorrow we are going blackberry picking and I'll run ahead, do my 5km then join them.

Oh at least you'll have virtual company I guess!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Enjoyed the cycling l, chamolk. Thanks for asking. 10 miles to Lidl for the weekly shopping (took the scenic route). And sorry I beat you by 4 mins. Lets use your lyrics tomorrow. Nice pace on Thursday's run, by the way.
    I agree that we're running full on onto the next wave. If only people weren't so stupid...

Em, well done on day 1. And thanks for mailing me the justgiving link :smile:

LMH: did you run a few miles today or were you saving your knees for something longer tomorrow? I could really do with a break in weather...

Neighbours are having a huge family do. About 6 adults and 5 pretty noisy kids. They set up a tent and paddling pools... So I'm not expecting to get much sleep tonight. To be fair they're usually very quiet and I reckon the heat wouldn't let me sleep anyway. It's still well over 30 🌡🌞🔥