Monday 17th August 2020 - You let me into your life on a whim

Morning.

Lyrics - You let me into your life on a whim

And there was magic and fire in the night

Late night/early morning chamolk!

Glad you've got an appointment with your physio Dustin.

I'm hoping the Met have got it wrong this morning or I may be running through hail and thunderstorms :-( Assuming everything feels ok to run after Lola's walk. I so prefer training through the summer!

What:         hopefully a LSR
Why:          five weeks to get marathon fit
Last hard:  this is
Last rest:   16/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

Yesterday's lyrics were shiny happy people REM. I will try and remember the nursery rhyme lyrics next time :joy: 

What: running club tonight. Have joined the return to running group this week
    Why: don't really want to be doing Speedwork on day 3 but will be nice to have some company
    Last hard: my legs are aching today! Hoping tonight's route has fewer hills in it than the last 2 days

Lmh fingers crossed for your run.
    Chamolk late night for you.
    Rfj just looked and I've done around 700 km this year. I am so impressed by how much you've done!
    Els that's an impressive distance! Have you got a date yet? Are you cleared for running completely or are there signs you have to watch out for?

Have a lovely day all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    be back but just wondering, where is Hazel?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Emzap I should have got those lyrics yesterday! Enjoy the club run
    LMH Hope you get the lsr in

What: not sure - I am achy today
    why: possibly new mattress isn't the answer..
    last hard: sleeping
    last rest: 31/12/16

We got an Emma hybrid mattress, I have never wanted a memory foam so I am not sure how this happened,  OH said neither did he lol. Not sure what we will do, possibly try their extra topper and if not it goes back.
  • At least you can send it back Wabo. I don't like the memory foam either. I do find it can take a couple of weeks to adjust to a new mattress though - how long have you had it now?

emzap - just take it easy and hopefully those aches will ease. I guess you need a good emphasis on recovery too - not easy with Lucas to look after.

Well my right knee feels as bad as it did yesterday after Lola's walk, I have an upset stomach and the Met says that the humidity is 94% - all sounds positive for a long run then................
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    dustin hope your hammy is ok
    emzap poor lucas!! I know it was last week, I am trying to catch up lol. My son slipped and cut under his chin when he was a littl'un. Used to always be using ointments etc when he bathed for the eczema which didn't help. Anyway hope lucas is ok now
    Alehouse how is your back? Hope it is settled Mine is a bit achy today.  I did a run off road with my mate yesterday (5k) and as I say this new mattress is maybe not right :-(

Some friends are going to local park run course at 9.15 for a freedom run, debating to join them, it gets it done with company

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Wabo exactly, the creams before the bath don't help at all, harder to hold on to him!

LMH that does not sound great!  And yes, my "rest" involves crawling around or throwing an 8 kg weight up in the air!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all,
    Just had torrential downpour, garden needs it!
    Emz - good luck at the club set, and hoping LMH gets the LSR accomplished
    what - something very easy later
    why - glutes, hamstrings...
    last rest - may well be today
    last hard - weekend

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope you go for the 9:15 in company, Wabo! re backs, mine is niggly some days and not others...just like my legs which seem to have something different wrong each day before disappearing again for a few days!

Easy does it at the club, Emz!

Trust the LSR goes to plan, LMH...but more importantly there are no repercussions.

What: easy day so it will be whatever the legs decide, plus stretches

Why: yesterday and Saturday were relatively hard.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    As long as the niggle isn't permanent it's hopefully ok, ale.

Fingers crossed,  LMH.

Dustin: hopefully your physio's ministrations aren't too painful.

Enjoy your run in company,  wabo.

Good luck with run no. 3  em

Els/OH: Hubby and I both love Scotland and never made it this far north. Maybe one day when covid is history and we're free to travel again :)

Saturday's lyrics (forgot to post) were Hollywood, Gigi d'Agostino.

Hope Hazel and poppy are ok. Haven't seen them for a few days.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Gardening first thing and some s&c. Too hot again now ...
  • Morning..

Quick check-in.

Sorry - need to read back the last couple of days.. Was writing a post on Friday evening and got distracted by a row with OH and was in Germany over the weekend at the PIL. 

Hope all are well.

What: recovery with strides
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: getting up to date again.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    went to the freedom run, gates closed so I got back in my car and ran the 5k on the rides again but solo!
    Need t o do some serious stretching now...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    hazel nice to see you, enjoy the recovery
    alehouse sounds just like  my body at the moment! 
  • Sounds stressful Hazel. Hope your weekend was ok.

Is your back any better Wabo?

I would definitely recommend a visit to Orkney chicksta.

My run was better than last week's. No biblical weather (just the high humidity) but a couple of pit stops required (route strategically planned to take in the the public conveniences), left ankle joined right knee in complaining after a few miles and my quads and right hip made their displeasure known as soon as I stopped to walk home. The things we do for fun eh?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH my back is getting there slowly slowly.  I am going to a new sports masseuse tomorrow, hopefully she will get some knots out! My body is complaining too and tbh I think it is because of the back and the lack of running last week. Glad this weeks run was better than last weeks, there has been some biblical rain here!!

• Swim this morning, socially distanced social 5k this evening.
    It's Monday!
    8 more to complete for this month's 100.
    Lyrics no

Chicksta: My elder sister has never made it across the Pentland Firth to Orkney!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening.
    Just over 5km round a field in a thunderstorm. I was not too happy with this as you can imagine (ale!)
    But it's done and I wasn't hit by lightening, bonus...
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Evening!

Well it is done, Emz...nice and easy the next couple of days I imagine! And don't mention lightning. Hate it! 

Not sure what to make of your run, LMH! "Better than last week's"/"I stopped to walk home"...

I got fed up of waiting for the rain to stop this morning so headed off. Around 45 minutes off road at an easy pace, plus my stretches, was enough for today. Rain of course stopped just as I got back. 

100 for the month is easily achievable then, OH...and 92 by the 17th is pretty decent! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.