Tuesday 18th August 2020 - And love is not the easy thing

Morning.

Lyrics - And love is not the easy thing

The only baggage

Nice going OH.

Alehouse - I always walk at the end of the run.

Hope the massage sorts your back out Wabo.

Oh dear emzap - hope you have better conditions for it today.

A no run day for me today but being positive my ankle and knees do feel better than they have done after a run for a couple of weeks. Hopefully I'm getting back to being able to run more. Must be patient for now though.

What:           nothing
Why:            not up to running every day yet
Last hard:    not being able to run every day
Last rest:     16/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Hard Enough - Brandon Flowers.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning lmh!

What: 5km
    Why: fundraising
    Last hard: see above!
    Lyrics: nope

That's good news lmh. Hopefully the slightly enforced rest days will quicken your recovery as well.
    Ale I know you hate it! I was a bit annoyed tbh that I'd gone all the way there to run around a field as it wasn't the most exciting of runs. It was nice to have company though! Next week is back on the roads with the beginner group so I'll join them again

Have a lovely day all
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Enjoy an easy run please, Emz!

I understand, LMH!

Lyrics: no

What: a run of some sort later this morning plus stretches

Why: it is pouring at present, plus able to use the hospital gym later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Unfortunately once I was walking with Lola this morning it became obvious that I was a little optimistic. Ankle is better than it has been post run but my right knee is not happy at all :-(

I forgot you'd gone to the club to do your run emzap - a bit disappointing.

Enjoy the gym Alehouse.
  • Afternoon.

OH - that is good mileage for the month so far. 

Good going on the fundraising so far emzap - better scenery for today's run?

Hope you have a nice massage today Wabo.

Any chance of a dry run Ale?

Fingers crossed the rest day will do the knee some good then LMH.

What: group outing this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: had been looking forward to the summer social get together for the group which was taking place today but it has been cancelled due to lack of participants.  Maybe wouldn't have been a good idea in the current circumstances anyway but my feeling is that the group is falling apart.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Shame about the group social, Hazel; do you still get to run together though?

Hope the knee settles overnight, LMH.

Run was drizzly and a rain jacket was needed...which meant that I was too warm. Harder work than the pace suggested; tired!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Very hard work today! 5km around residential streets so I could listen to a podcast. Tomorrow I will walk as my legs are dead!

Shame about your social hazel. Hope your group isn't falling apart.
    Lmh that's rubbish :(
    Ale hope you've dried out!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Oh no, that's not so good news. Hopefully everything settles overnight and you can have a good run tomorrow.

Well battled, em. I hate lightning too. In fact, I'm dead scared of it. Its vile. Glad you picked a safer location today. And definitely take it very easy tomorrow. 

Hazel: That's a shame. I'm fearing our parkrun posse may go down the same road ... what with no parkruns in the foreseeable future. Can't really complain though as they did a few social things where I opted out because I'm being overly cautious. Sounds like you had a stressful weekend. Hope things have calmed down in the meantime.

I would happily run in the rain, ale :)  Still very tempted, so much that I stopped my walks as it became too hard to resist a little 100m jog here and there. I.shall.not.succumb ;)

We had a torrential downpour last night. But now it's warm again and muggy on top. Not too hot (only 25) but temps are forecast to be rising a little every day and to hit 30+ again by Friday. 
  • My knee is weird, feels fine just standing and walking round the house but definitely not happy when I'm out 'walking'. I shall try some different shoes when I take Lola out this afternoon and see if that makes any difference.

A shame about your social Hazel. I hope you enjoy your run.

Surprisingly warm here this afternoon but with some very heavy showers going through - I've just been blackberry picking with MiL and thought I was going to get a soaking but fortunately it didn't come to anything.

Stay strong chicksta.
  • 9 miles done including Wideford Hill
    100 (tick)
    - now heads for the bench! ;)
    Also been for swim

Low cloud here with a little rain.
    14°C

Have seen several running and sports groups come and go. Just winding down club status of Orkney Sea Kayaking Association 😢
    However Monday Loop Group picking up again
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Afternoon!

Careful, Chick!

Well done on the 100, OH! I presume that you won't be allowed to get a Avoid Everyone face covering! 

• On order AH.
    Only way I'll get to keep my own.
  • Well done OH. A shame about the kayaking club. I thought it was Thursday you had to start isolating?