Wednesday 19th August - one, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, rock

Morning everyone

Lyrics - one, two, three o'clock, four o'clock, rock (think these were the ones I tried last week when someone posted just ahead of me) 

Missed the last few days so I'll need to catch up. Didn't run over the weekend, then 5k Monday evening - thought I'd push a bit and did it in about 23:40 and felt OK during and after, though the next morning I felt almost hung over - I can't tell if it's related to the running or not. 

Yesterday was 6 weeks since the surgery, and I think the surgeon told me I could start running again after 6 weeks, so I'm just counting the last week or two as a little extra so as not to lose as much fitness. Going to start doing some gentle core work soon

Hope everyone is well

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Walk On - U2.

Naughty chamolk - not doing what the doctor told you :-) Feeling hungover post run would be a strange affect of the surgery wouldn't it? Whatever it was I hope that's the last of it and you can gently build up with no issues now.

If everything feels ok after Lola's walk I am hoping for at least a MLR but the forecast for the rest of the week is pretty pants with high winds so if I do get out and am feeling good I may see if I can manage another long one. I'd like summer back.

What:           to be determined by my knees and ankle
    Why:            I have a marathon fast approaching
    Last hard:    walking wasn't easy yesterday
    Last rest:     18/8

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chamolk - Naughty.... none of us would EVER get back before we're told to.... ;)
    OH - well done on the 100
    LMH - hope you get the MLR chalked off
    Emz - well done with the challenge so far. Running round a field? sounds like one of our sessions!!
    Hazel - sorry to hear about the group run

What - hour recovery run, and quite possibly a haircut
    Why - stretch the legs out / it's been over 4 months 
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - yesterday
    Club session 5 x 1200 on a hilly loop. Each rep is two 600m laps with the first lap and half the second run "at effort" taking the climb in on both, recovery is the jog along and back down on each 2nd lap. 
    Tough doesn't do it justice.
    lyric - yep 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Yep naughty chamolk 
    Lyrics yes
    Dustin enjoy the run, I'm picturing you like Forrest Gump!! Have a nice haircut
    Lmh hoping you get the run you want today
    Had a really good back massage yesterday, really liked her and she gave me lots of stretches too. Different to what I've done before. My back was so sore last night after it but feels slightly easier today. 
    What I'm not sure
    Why not planned! 
    Last hard yesterday 
    Last rest 31/12/16

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • I'm glad you got on with the new person Wabo.

Getting rid of your flowing locks Dustin?

Unfortunately nearly four weeks since the dog incident and I'm limping walking this morning - and it got worse as I went - so no run for me. It's very tempting to rub some magic cream in, set off and see if I can ignore it but I know that would be stupid. I'm limping so badly it was starting to affect my hip too. This is just pants :-(
  • Morning

I guess limping when walking should be a no-go for a run LMH. 

Do we get a before and after pic Dustin?  Tough club session, can imagine the legs will enjoy an amble today.

Well done on the 5k chamolk but be gentle to yourself.

Nice massage Wabo.

A surprising 6 others did the group run yesterday evening despite a brief thunderstorm passing through just before the meeting time.  I think the group has been running for some 20 years or more - we have lost quite a few members in recent times due to people no longer running (injuries, illness) or having moved. 

What: some general aerobic miles over lunch
    Why:  hopefully not too hot yet today and will be running early tomorrow as it will be then so don't want to run this evening
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: YES!

• Before and after picture, Dustin definitely!
    2 week shopping trip done (I just did the drive)
    Swim now.
    May or may not run today.
  • Morning,

Sorry been MIA but have run everyday last week 37 miles:-) I also ran yesterday but picked up a stomach bug and let us just say not good and no running today.Lots of sleeping so body repairing it's self

Also Garmin froze then had to do hard reset and Bluetooth does not work so after trying everything  I could .It has to go back for repair! 14 days turnaround....Good job I have my trusty 310xt as back up.

Torrential rain all day.....
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Pain about the Garmin Poppy - you don't seem to have much luck with them.

No, definitely no run for me today Hazel :-( Enjoy the good weather - heavy rain here at the moment.

Enjoy the swim and run OH.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes

Pants indeed, LMH!

Enjoy your not planned run, Wabo!

What: 7.6k including 2 x 3 mins with 90 secs jog recovery

Why: step 2 of speed work. Reasonably hard: can't really get to the speed I want but could have done another one. Will get there in another 14 steps I hope!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

What: just over 6 km walked around Wyre Forest in torrential rain pushing Lucas in the pushchair.
    Why: fundraising
    Last hard: well let's just say I was soaked to the skin after about a minute.  I had a raincoat on, so top half was dry, but bottom half was drenched.
    Lyrics: yes!!

Chamolk, yes none of us would ever go back to running too soon after major abdominal surgery...weird symptoms though
    LMH that is indeed pants.
    Poppy another bug, how rubbish
    Hazel nice run :)
    Ale speed will come.
    Dustin I abstained from cake today, I thought of you as I did so!

Legs are feeling ok now but this morning they hurt!

Have a great day all
  • 8 west coast miles added
  • Lyrics yeah! At last.
    Late checking in today...all sound busy
    Chamoik. ..Maybe hangover is due to working nights?
    LMH oh dear....
    Hazel...hope your group keeps going...ours has waxed and waned over the years!
    Emzap..Nice work keeping challenge going.
    After dull start and a walk and domestic stuff this morning hot sunny af
    ternoon...17c and a slow run in the sun out west. After 15 trail miles yesterday with my fit vet friend 8ish miles tiriv but beautiful on the west coast as always.
    2 weeks self isolating to follow....well tomorrow shouldn't be bad...I'm tired and have j and cinnamon buns to make. After that.....
    Keep busy everyone.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Knee has started really hurting this evening.  Hoping it's just a temporary thing, or my running is going to be rather curtailed to walking after only 4 days!