Wednesday 26th August 2020 - Wake up in the morning with a head like "What ya done?"

Morning.

Lyrics - Wake up in the morning with a head like "What ya done?"

Still windy here but forecast to calm down later. Not that it makes much difference to me.

Sorry to hear of the latest Covid casualty OH. Did Els decide whether she could meet the self isolation criteria and accept the date for her procedure? It would be good if you didn't both have to go through it again.

What:             nothing
Why:              can't
Last hard:      being let down by my body
Last rest:       25/8

Yesterday's lyrics - Don't Give Up - Peter Gabriel.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Yes, shame about Cape Wrath, OH. Surprised that they have made the decision so soon though. Great photos!

Not sure what to say re your knee, LMH! A pain! Can you try to get a MRI scan?

What: a run of some description

Why: juggling weather, legs, tiredness etc

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • No point Alehouse - we know what's wrong with it and when I saw the consultant he said the next step was a knee replacement.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    very windy here again but nothing been lost I hope, like emzap!
    LMH so sorry for you - it sounds like rotten luck.  I hope at least that the bits can dislodge in a good way and you get some relief
    chick naughty naughty.  But you sound ok at least!
    emzap you have to love an errand run
    Oh I am sad about CW I really hoped to do it one more time
    lyrics maybe

I did get out yesterday - planned to run to mate Sacha, do a couple of miles in the forest them run home.  4.50 miles

what: today is club night, so 5 maybe?
    why: I would like
    last hard: yesterday 
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Back aching time to get up and move about
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

What: 8k off road. Got soaked! Again! Going in the bath to dry off. 

Why: Good question.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    alehouse, funny!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    OH - that's sad news about CWC, smashing photos though
    Chick - naughty - I'd NEVER dream of disobeying  medical instructions  o:)
    Emz - hope you find it...my garden chairs were all over the lawn this morning!
    It is summer right?
    Ale - I know that "soaked through" feeling!
    LMH - gutted for you, but these things usually have a way of working out, I'm sure things will improve in time.

What - easy trail miles shortly
    Why - recovery & fitting it in.
    last rest - 20/06
    last hard - last night. The rain had gone by lunchtime, but the wind set in. The upside was the ground had dried out, the downside meant that the 400m loop had a "wind assisted" side and a "wide hindered" side!
    Pyramid of 2/4/6/8/k/8/6/4/2 with 200 easy between each
    Legs seemed borderline OK although the tight hamstring reared its head again on the last 4 & 2. Just a bit tight today. 
    Club hosting (members only) event tonight, 75s for the U11s , 800s for everyone else plus a shot competition. 
    I've ducked the two lapper to do scoring instead.... 
  • They will improve to an extent (I hope!) but generally unfortunately the trend is very much downhill.

Anyone entered the virtual London?
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    LMH: Walking pain free seems more important than running a marathon. Hope the debris (or whatever you call the loose bits) clears up 🤞
    All my UK friends have entered the virtual London. I would have entered too if I were able to run.

Oh no ale. Not another soaking 🤦‍♀️

Are you getting more treatment for that hamstring, Dustin?

Shame about Cape Wrath, OH. Lovely pics though.

Ok, so summer has definitely disappeared with a bang. We had to secure the garden furniture too and the fence is moving rather precariously...

Of course I'm the only naughty person on here ;)
    To put things in perspective: I was told that running could be resumed 3 to 4 months post-op. Yesterday was week 13 so I figured I could give it a try, always prepared to stop it anything should feel tight or painful.

Only s&c today. Too foul to go out and running 2 days in a row might be pushing my luck. So far no adverse reaction at all 👍

Yes to lyrics btw :)
  • Weeding front garden
    Nice day and not allowed out
    Last hard: end of Cape Wrath Challenge
    Every day potentially could be a rest day
    Lyrics no

Almost 6 days done now ...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    chicksta, I must confess to being naughty at times  :)o:)>:)
  • Good news chicksta.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Nice club run tonight got 3 pr's due to cranking it up at the end! Enjoyed it lots
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Yes Chick, you're the only naughty person on here (coming from the girl who ran 6 weeks post C-section, and I seem to remember a certain naughty GP who's back 6 weeks post appendix removal...) :tongue:

What: 5 and a bit km
    Why: I have to
    Last hard: I accidentally had 2 coffees today and it made me so ill.  I can't handle caffeine these days!  Felt sick for a good 4 hours.  
    Lyrics: Yes :)

Nice weeding OH.  I'm sad about Cape Wrath, it was on my list :(

Ale liked your bath comment.  Dry all day here...

I can see the cover from our upstairs windows.  However, it seems the person who's garden it is in is not around at the mo...we've knocked about 5 times.  Think they must be on hols.  Luckily it seems stuck to something in their garden, so hopefully will remain put!
  • Evening

Out and about the last couple of days so late posting.

Naughty Chicksta but great news that the mended foot felt good.

Would also concentrate on the holiday LMH but understand your frustration.

Shame about Cape Wrath OH. Nice pics.

Nice puddle pics Ale.

Did you find the furniture yet emzap?

Well done on the prs Wabo.

Nice pyramiding Dustin. Hope the hammy was ok on the trail miles.

Race was on Sunday: 7th / 21 F45 and only one race so no series this year (normally 9-10). Haven't penned a report yet...

What: short recoveries Mon-Weds
    Why: big cycle yesterday, hike today
    Last hard: bike saddle
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no