Saturday 29th August Never mind the stars in the sky Never mind the when and the why

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
edited August 2020 in Training
Morning all
Yesterday's lyrics were give me love George Harrison

What short run to mate 20 mins of Min on Min off run home
Why she has a schedule
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
How is everyone? I'll read back
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Dustin sorry the hammie is playing up
    Lmh and your knees ((())))
    Chicksta keep on keeping on, sensibly of course
    Emzap yes lmh is right the weather for the challenge is not great! 
    Hazel your run sounds lovely yesterday
    I actually missed a teeny bit of the course yesterday so we're going back tomorrow morning but I may even do it again Monday with another friend. It's a tough but nice course. 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: I'm sure that I should

Why is the run sorry, Wabo?

What: hopefully at least a MLR, off road

Why: all the runs this week have been fairly short

9 degrees at present! But not raining. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lol corrected alehouse, enjoy your mlr or more. How many miles is an mlr for you?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Your correction made me smile, Wabo! MLR currently is typically 10k plus; LSR 13k plus. 

Just found out that the one and only race that I had thought of is off: the Masters cross country relay at the end of October near you, LMH
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Think my lsr is currently your mlr alehouse
  • Sorry you aren't going to be able to do the Masters Alehouse. I'm currently hoping that Wrexham is cancelled so that I get my money back and stop even thinking about trying to run it.

You seem to be finding lots of ways to enjoy your running Wabo. How are Jodie and your son doing?
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Have a nice run with your mate Wabo. Is she a new runner? Like the way you are planning to go back to your route to make sure you've done it all.

Hope it stays dry for your run Ale, 9 degrees and wet could be uncomfy. Shame about the XC. Hard to plan races at all really, only solution I can see is to build up and hold a decent level of fitness and take opportunities that arise short-term.

Could you maybe sell your place LMH? Might be hard to find a taker with it being a mara. I am glad the weather has cooled down, means I am a lot more flexible regarding when I can run.

Good news you were running again Chicksta.

What: recovery later
    Why:  loosen up the legs
    Last hard: feeling enthusiastic about back to the daily grind next week
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no, but somehow familiar
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning again!

You are right about races etc, Hazel! Stayed dry for my run but cool and breezy. 

What: 13.5k mainly off road

Why: that counts as my LSR. 

Hope all is ok post run, Chick
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Wabo: Love that bit of ocd ;) 1 min off,1 min on is what I had in mind for my return but it went a bit better I'd thought :)

Fingers crossed Wrexham is cancelled, LMH. How are Covid numbers in the UK?

Sorry the Masters are off, ale. 10k seems like a really long way for me at the mo...

All good things must come to an end, Hazel ;) Hope the return isn't too tough.

Another 5k done which went surprisingly well.I did 500m run, 100m walk. Always on tenterhooks if anything felt strange, but all good. It's the other foot that's giving me trouble ;)

Have a great weekend, all :)
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Yay, finally got back. 

Had a rather bizarre problem with the forum for the last week, just suddenly couldn't use it at all, it even read things. Had to download a new browser

Return to running has been going well recently - 4 miles thursday, 5 yesterday, 7 this morning. All a steady sort of pace, though tried a few wee hills yesterday. I've entered a virtual half marathon to be done during October, so gives me something to aim for

NI seeing quite a rise in covid cases the last week or two unfortunately, I suspect we're gong to start seeing some local restrictions soon, hopefully nothing more than that

Hope everyone is well. Sorry to hear about the race Ale. 
  • Hazel - it's a bit of a restricted market as it's only for men who have run sub 2.40 and women who have run sub 3 and entries haven't sold out.

chicksta - numbers here are generally up on what they were but not excessive yet. Sorry to hear that your other foot is giving you grief.

Good to see you back chamolk and to hear that your return to running is going well. I hope that they can get things back under control in NI.

Nice to have a dry run for a change Alehouse.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel the mate I ran with today is Sacha who I often run but she's drawn herself up a plan to mix it up so I was up for that.  Yes I have to back and correct that route, plus I need the grand Prix points 🤣
    Chamolk those virtual things have been really helpful for me
    Chick nice running, that's a pain about the other foot
    Nice running alehouse, what a shame about the masters
    Lmh son not been so good with worries about Giselle etc, my daughter is good though, thanks for asking x
    Had a good run today, really enjoyed it, did 5.3 miles in total. 
  • I hope that your son finds a way through. Good to hear that Jodie is doing better.
  • 40 Min on turbo, plus 2 paintings, one sunset from our house and the other a swimming friend.
    Self isolation activities.
    Faces are hard!
    Lyrics no
  • You've done well to build your time on the turbo OH. I wish I could paint, are you willing to show us your sunset?