Sunday 30th August 2020 - We met in a place I used to go,

Morning.

Lyrics - We met in a place I used to go,

Now I just walk by it for show,

Wow OH - I didn't know you were an artist, that is really lovely. Which medium have you used?

I know we're used to poor weather on Bank Holiday weekends but a high of 16C at the end of August? 

Hope your hamstring is improving Dustin.

Has your back settled now Wabo?

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

16 degrees: I wish! Currently 6!

What: unsure. Probably short and easy.

Why: will probably have to wait in for an emergency plumber. Pipe leaking from landing through lounge ceiling. Can't put heating on!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • 16C is our forecast high Alehouse - it wasn't that when I posted. Sorry to hear about the leak - hope you don't have to wait too long for the plumber.

You know how sometimes you read something and think no, too far fetched? Well, in one of those 'you couldn't make this up' moments Lola was startled by a pigeon when we were walking this morning and knocked me over. Impact on my left hip and ankle - bruising and grazes on the ankle and bruising on the hip. At least it's evened my limp up............
  • LOL not an artist but started dabbling with acrylics at lockdown having not painted (other than walls) since school where I was told I was useless.

Hope you get plumbing fixed AH. Probably won't be cheap for emergency call our on a Sunday :'(

Hope no serious damage done LMH

No plans yet

4 more days to go then away to Aberdeen ...

Lyrics no
  • Morning

Thanks for the picture of the picture (painting) OH. Very nice and certainly not useless. Would probably fall into that category myself.

Hope the plumber gets the leak fixed fast Ale.

Oh no LMH. I guess Lola isn't a lightweight. Hopefully just superficial damage this time. Thanks for the Wrexham infos, I was thinking of a guy on various threads I lurk on who keeps having maras cancelled but I don't think he's fast enough.

Fixed foot progress sounds good Chicksta

Good to see you back after browser issues chamolk. Nice to have a goal to work for after your illness.

What: short MLR later (10-12 miles)
    Why: waiting for the rain to ease off a bit, currently lashing it down, some miles to complete a (running) cut back week
    Last hard: summoning up enthusiasm to do my taxes. Deadline for 2019 was extended and guess who has left it as long as possible...
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • I wish I had the confidence to try myself OH. Nearly there now - really hope the procedure solves the problem this time.

Hope the weather improves for your run Hazel and the tax return isn’t too taxing.

Just bruising and grazing I think but pretty sore and stiff 🙁
  • Morning,

Oh: What a lovely painting you are talented:-)

Hazel: Good luck with taxes today!!

Chamolk: Thank goodness you were able to over come your technical issues.

Ale: Hope plumber came soon for you and no lasting damage.

LMH: Another fall lets hope not too much damage this time.

I have a cold/virus so slept 13-14 hours and no run in 2 days although did walk yesterday so having total rest day to shift things along.Maybe wheel of doom later whilst watching TDF.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Yesterday's lyrics this is the real thing, Lisa Stanfield
    Oh no lmh that's rotten luck!!! Hope you're not too damaged. My back is completely good now. Thanks
    WP wish you better. Tdf was good yesterday but those crashes!! 
    Hazel hope the run was so good that you can't wait to do your taxes....
    Oh how lovely that you have proved your not useless! 
    Alehouse hope you get the plumber in and had a nice run. No heating going on here for some time! Unless my oh interferes
    What great run with others, knocked a minute off with the correct longer course
    Why they spurred me on
    Last hard that was at 8.15 on a Sunday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Off to see mummy today 🙂
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Had to look back, that sunset is lovely!! No way I could do that
  • Nice running Wabo.

Hope you're soon better Poppy.

Hazel - I forgot to say Lola is around 27kg.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    Oh no, LMH 😱
    Hope there are no repercussions.

Hazel: I'm so glad hubby is doing our tax returns.

Excellent artistic skills, OH. I can't even paint 2 straight lines 🤣

Good to have you back,  Chamolk

Poor you, poppy. We're watching the Tour as well.

Being sensible today,  so just a walk. Went to the Botanical Gardens today.

Great running,  wabo.

6 degrees,  ale ❄ brrrr. 24 here, but it was a bit chilly first thing today.
  • Looks like you had better weather than us chicksta. Just back from a walk with MiL and Lola and it would seem that my left hip is the sorest. Hopefully it will settle overnight.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020
    Evening!

Looks pleasant, Chick! Temperature hit 14 here! At least it was dry. And warm compared to parts of Northern Ireland where there was a frost!

Well "raced" Wabo! Hope mummy was ok!

Not sure you should be allowed out, LMH! Only joking! I do hope that any damage is superficial. 

Plumber replaced a pipe and a couple of joints. Trouble is I now need to modify the floor boards!

What: easy off-road run, stretches

Why: all that was planned today. About 51k for the week. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all popping in.

LMH sorry to hear you had a fall even if not your fault....
    Ale, hope all get sorted leak wise
    WP - hope you are feeling better in the morning
    Chicksta - love the pics....

Really crap week for me, loads of appointments and tests, but more of a way forwards, will be delayed though as have to have 6-7 vaccines before I can go onto the DMTs for PPMS. I have also been summoned to a welfare meeting with work to decide my future, (I know they cannot sack me) but I also know that I am not fit enough to return to my substantive role at work, so will either be redeployed or paid off (the latter unlikely)

Running wise I am plodding on 23 miles last week, a few trips but no falls since last Sunday, but not much sleep either, (Also passed 100m for the month for the sixth successive month yesterday, well above target for 1000m for the year.

Take care all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Evening all
    Mummy great. Can't wait to go Cornwall Thursday with her
    Rfj I hope the work thing goes whatever way you want it to
    Alehouse glad plumber sorted it
    Check out my finish photo it says it all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭

• AH: "It all makes work for the working man to do ...

Wabo: looking in better shape than most of my finishing photos!

Hope the DMT helps and is worth all the preparations, RFJ
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Nice photos Wabo and Chick, and I loved your painting OH - I've never really been artistically talented unfortunately.

Glad the leak is fixed Ale. 

Sorry to hear about the bump LMH, hope you recover quicker from this.

Good luck with the work meetings RFJ, and hope the treatment prep goes well.

WP - plenty of sleep and some rest is probably the best thing for you at the minute, get well soon.

Hope you got the taxes done Hazel. Luckily I hadn't heard they'd extended the deadline, so I had mine done previously, otherwise I'd be doing it last minute. 

Rest day today for me. Would have quite liked a run, but was out the last 3 days and I'm trying to be sensible

Lyrics no