Tuesday 1st September 2020 - And into the sea goes pretty England and me

Morning.

Lyrics - And into the sea goes pretty England and me

September already - on the one hand this year can't go quickly enough (though I'm afraid next isn't going to be any better) and on the other it seems to be flying by. Forecast to be another lovely LSR morning here but I'm not sure my sit bones will be up for another bike ride.

What:          probably nothing
Why:           can't walk or run/did a long for me ride yesterday
Last hard:   not putting the heating on
Last rest:    31/8
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Emz: hope the challenge is still going well!

Not too long now, OH!

Grey and cloudy here at present; hope the sun breaks through. At least it is dry again!

What: legs will decide! Possibly step 4 of the quicker stuff but will have to see!

Why: balancing!

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Hope you had a good 10k Wabo.

Nice run and cross-training combo Chicksta. 

We need to move by the end of Jan LMH.  We can't move at the end of December (generally not allowed here for rentals) and are already over the 3 mth notice period for the end of November so we will need to try to negotiate on that at some point if we find something available sooner than the end of Jan.  Well done on the biking, sympathies regarding the sit bones!

Get some good sleeps in whilst you can OH.  Must have been hard to watch the running group set off.

Hope you can run again soon Dustin.

Enjoy the quicker stuff if the legs agree to doing it Ale.

August stats: 221 miles.  1.75 races, 1 course PB equalled. 5 month of streaking completed.

What:  group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Last hard: approx 75% of taxes done in the meantime
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • It's trying to brighten and warm up here Alehouse - hope you get favourable conditions for your run.

That is a bit stressful then Hazel. Why is it that people are not allowed to move at the end of December? I actually would like to take the bike out again as it's a nice day but I think it would be too uncomfortable to be enjoyable. I may give it a whizz in a bit, will see how my morning goes.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning again!

Yes, warming up here also, LMH. 13 degrees for run but now 16. Next to no breeze. 

What: just under 40 mins with step 5 part one of my "speed" programme. Most of the session is of course warm up and warm down! 5 x 30 secs uphill with one minute jog recovery. 

Why: get it out the way! Don't think that I got up to last week's speed but I didn't spend hours replacing floor boards last week! Lots of kneeling plus back and shoulders know that I have been sawing!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Hazel I did have a good but slow 10k.  Nice stats!!
    LMH good miles on the bike yesterday. 
    Alehouse nice speed session!

Thankfully I haven't been taken for my oh's mum though it could happen!!
    What: 4 miles easy later
    why: didn't sleep well so I will do it when I am ready
    last hard: last night
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Wabo said:

Thankfully I haven't been taken for my oh's mum though it could happen!!

:D 

Impressive stats, Hazel. I'd like to ask the same question as LMH re. no moving in December. 

Nice bit of speedwork, ale. Did the sun come out to play?

Did you manage another bike ride, LMH

Lovely sunny morning here. About 10 degrees which is my favourite running temperature. Managed to run 2.5k to the little park near work where I did 25mins of open air s&c (lovely!) and then ran back. No walking required this time. I'm monumentally unfit but the operated foot is playing ball rather nicely. 

Yesterday's lyrics were Running Scared, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
  • Great news chicksta. I couldn't stay in and wearing a different pair of shorts seemed to help - an enjoyable hour outside.

I'm sure that would never happen Wabo. Hope you enjoy your run when you get out.

You are very industrious Alehouse. I would like a handyman husband - Mark is quite good with tech but not practical at all and my various ailments make it difficult for me to do what I did.
  • Hiya
    Hazel - Excellent running and streaking
    Ale - good speedwork!
    Chick - yay, good to hear
    LMH - walking fine, tight glutes but suggest that is over compensation somewhere...
    Thanks for hamstring concerns, tonight will be interesting -->>
    What - Club night , 15x 200s
    Why - on the card
    last rest - Fri, Sat, Sun
    last hard - seeing what happens tonight. 
    I will be running, albeit slowly just to see where we are.

We're planning another track meet at the end of Sep, including some 1500s and mile races, so really hope to be semi fit for those.
  • Don’t do it Dustin! If you want to test your hamstring just go for an easy run.
  • Dustin: what LMH wrote!
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

Sorry for my absence (not sure how long I've been away!).  Challenge still going strong.  Walked Friday and today, ran every day between.  We are struggling with sleep here so the days are blurring....

LMH you will have post shortly, I'm really sorry it completely slipped my mind!

Happy September (this month I will have a 1 year old, where on earth did that time go?!?).
  • Sorry to hear that you are sleep deprived emzap - teething? Well done on keeping the challenge going. No worries.
  • Covid test
    Sock drawer sorted
    Tupperware part (matchmaking lids to boxes)
    35 minutes on turbo

Last hard self isolation

Lyrics no
  • Oh, lyrics yes. There's a spot in Ireland even gets a mention in that song.

No running today, 5 miles yesterday. Worked night shift last night, 3 hours sleep this morning, then working again from 1pm today, so I think a run would have been a little too much

Dustin - hope the hamstring survives. 100m or 200m reps often end up hurting my hamstring a bit at the best of times

OH - congratulations on the sock drawer. Hope the covid test is negative

We had so many people looking a covid swab today, that the automated system was booking them in Scotland (defaults to nearest by distance as crow flies it seems)

Emzap - glad to hear good news about the challenge, sorry to hear about the sleep

Well done on the 5 month running streak Hazel. I was happy to manage 100km in August
  • SCoombes2SCoombes2 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Popping into say -

Lyrics - YES..complete tuuuune! When it's revealed - and if you haven't heard it before...give it a listen. Good shout LMH..

As you were ;)