Wednesday 2nd September 2020 -When you climb to the top of the mountain

Morning.

Lyrics - When you climb to the top of the mountain

Look out over the sea

Nice to see you Simon.

You are working too much chamolk. Hope you get some sleep and time to run.

Nearly there OH. I periodically do the lid to tub matching - it's like socks, how do you end up with so many odd ones?

Hope you're not limping this morning Dustin.

Physio again today - this was a longstanding appointment that I was to cancel if I'd made a good recovery but as it is she feels from our email conversation yesterday that she can do more to help. Fingers crossed.

Yesterday's lyrics - This Is A Low - Blur.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Yes, good to see you, SC: not sure when it will be in person again! 

Yes, hope physio can help, LMH! And I agree about the odd lids etc!

Hamstring report please, Dustin

What: something easy. Will see how the legs are when they get into their running.

Why: yesterday was a harder day

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Maybe so LMH, but it just needs done at the minute. 

Lyrics yes - and the title is rather apt I suppose. The song is off my favourite album.

Hope the physio is useful today LMH. 

One thing I find even worse than the sock drawer is the boys' sock drawer - on top of the odd ones, I made the mistake of buying the same socks in different sizes, so even when I think I have a pair, they're different sizes
  • Poor planning on the sock front chamolk! I hope that work settles down, you need to look after yourself as well as everyone else.

Another lovely morning here with rain forecast for later - I'm going to challenge my sit bones again.
  • Morning again!

I seem to have rather a lot of odd socks, also. The washing machine must eat them.

Enjoy your ride, LMH!

What: 73 minutes, largely off road. As slow as slow can be. Nearly fell asleep! Pleasant enough weather for running but the breeze has come up and the clouds are building. 

Why: MLR, although it may turn out to be this week's LSR. HR slightly high for the effort so hope I'm not going down with something. Trust it is just general tiredness or dehydration etc. Plenty of vitamin C, water etc! Wouldn't mind some extra sleep! Should be a relatively easy day tomorrow as I will be running at M75's pace.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning all
    Ale - have fun on the MLR/LSR
    Emz - good work with the challenge!
    Chamolk - when you have two kids with similar sizes and similar clothes....just leave a pile for them to argue over! 
    LMH - good luck with the pointy elbowed one.
    OH - excellent sock skills.
    Like most, I tend to have a number of odd ones, plus a lot of my running ones are now hybrids where toe has gone on one, heel on another so just match up the two odds leftover. Who looks at a runner's socks anyway?
    Invariably a sock or two will disappear in the washing machine only to be reincarnated as a stray tupperware pot (or lid) a week later....
    Hammy report - of course I wasn't going to run 16x200s (4 blocks of 4)
    I did set up the course, the recovery loop and did jog round some of it with the back markers.
    4 miles achieved unscathed but it's still not going to take any battering for a while I imagine.

What - another few easy 
    Why - seeing if I can
    last rest - Monday
    last hard - being good

• Glad you were sensible and managed a run Dustin. Is it worth booking another appointment with your QoP.

Good to get a dry run in Alehouse. If the weather of the last couple of days would hold I wouldn't mind continuing to take the bike out - though of course I'd rather be running.
  • Afternoon

Sure there are sock-eating washing machines out there.  At least LMH can blame the dog for pinching ones?  No Tupperware issues to report though. 

Glad you are feeling a bit motivated to do some more biking LMH and good luck at the physio.

If you fall asleep out running you will fall over Ale. 

Well done Emzap.

Relieved you didn't do those intervals Dustin. 

Hope you get more sleep in soon chamolk.

Found out in the meantime that there isn't a general rule on not moving in December (would be strange) but a clause in our rent contract.  Will have to negotiate on that as it is not us who is ending it.  Might be a problem though as we did sign it.  Looked at a nice place yesterday but there are others interested. 

What: some sort of speedwork - probably some 800s
    Why: neglected in recent times - will aim for hard efforts and not worry about pace for now.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: did 5 this morning (past the post office then to post a mask through a friend's door)
    Why: 31 days of it
    Last hard: I'm struggling a bit generally at the mo, I'm just so tired!
    Lyrics: nope

Must go to bed, can't even remember what I've just read through!
  • Keep it up Emzap, you're doing great - over half way

Did a 5k this evening. Managed 23:06 but it ain't easy - was quite warm and has a bit of a hill in it, but happy with that at this stage.

I like that style of dressing the kids Dustin. I have a tenancy to just let them roam the house in their pants, much to mummy's disgust