Thursday 3rd September 2020 - I hate the way that you've taken back

Morning.

Lyrics - I hate the way that you've taken back

Everything you've given to me

Warm chamolk? Better weather than here!

The end is in sight now emzap, counting down. I'm not sleeping well either though there isn't an external cause for mine.

Is it today you travel OH? Safe journey if so.

Physio thinks I have gluteal tendinopathy caused by the initial fall onto my hip and exacerbated by the knee being inflamed and unstable. I won't be racing on 4th October but can hopefully run a marathon by then - though it may not be comfortable. I'm allowed to try a short (1-3 mile) run and see how it reacts - may wait for better weather though! Another load of rehab exercises added to my program - I have four lots now since the dog incident.

What:           may try a short run (will see how everything feels after Lola's morning walk)
Why:            see where I'm at but don't want to be unable to walk whilst we're away
Last hard:    getting back to running
Last rest:     2/9

Yesterday's lyrics - It Ain't Easy - David Bowie.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning 
    Lmh glad your physio is so good and helpful. Hope you manage a short run 

What 4 ish miles early
    Why just about got time to see daughter and girls before getting my train to v meet mum
    Last hard all day yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Feel exhausted today a rest on a train may do me good! 
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Enjoy, Wabo

Hope your visit goes to plan, OH!

At least you seem to have some answers and a way forward, LMH! Don't rush things!

What: easy run with M75 shortly

Why: he wants to run early, I want to run easy, and it will probably be a struggle following a poor night's sleep. Hope the conversation prevents me falling asleep during the run!

Poured from yesterday lunchtime and kept me awake in the night; just drizzle now.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Plane to Aberdeen
    Hoping to lose a stone  ;)
    Last hard last 2w
    Last rest last 2w
    Lyrics no

Windy yesterday - prematurely lost about 100 apples from our tree. Hopefully the rest will survive until maturity ...
    No wind this morning.

• Morning

Travel well OH and Wabo.

Have a nice time in Cornwall Wabo, maybe a snooze on the train? 

Shame about the apples OH.  Masses of them here again this year.  My running group founder has an apple juice press and is snowed under with work again this year.  Fingers crossed that the stone will be dealt with!

Hope the short run goes well LMH.

Have a nice chat / run with M75 Ale.

What: short MLR
    Why: midweek miles
    Last hard: formalized speedwork - dropped plans of 5 x 800 yesterday evening as I yet again shot off on rep number 1 and couldn't sustain it and panicked.  Reset watch, body and mind and did a mix of faster paces over 2 x 600mish, 2 x 1kish and 2kish instead.  Any practical tips for not totally overdoing pacing on intervals?
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Don't do intervals Hazel! :smile:

Happy holidays Wabo.

Hope you get a dry run in today Alehouse - tipping it down here.

That's a lot of apples OH. definitely time to ditch that stone.
  • Morning again!

Hazel, I usually try to run the first rep a little too slowly. I never have a problem with intervals (i.e. the interval between reps); it is the reps that are the problem! Interesting how language changes: when I first started running if you were interval training you were adjusting the length of the recovery between reps. Mixing up the distances like you did yesterday will help with pace judgement; a sort of glorified fartlek. 

LMH: it stopped drizzling at eight but wore my rain jacket in case. Not needed and too hot!

What: a gentle 6k, 4 of which were with M75 

Why: he was pushed for time. Heart rate still too high for the effort and the pace was slower than yesterday's longer run. Resting heart rate was only 43 though so fine on that score. 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Good luck oh!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning all
    LMH - sounds positive with post physio, don't rush it (although that is the temptation)
    You asked yesterday, I see mine a week Monday.
    Safe trips Wabo & OH
    Chamolk - I bet it's not just the boys is it? ;-)
    Ale - did you stay awake?
    Hazel - always have an idea of what time the rep should be, so if it's say 800s at 6:00 pace, that's a 3 minute rep. Like Ale, I tend to take the first one "easier" and usually check pace after 200 & 400 on the first one.
    After that I run "to feel"
    Mixing distances, as Ale also says, is excellent for learning to manage pace. One session we sometimes do (but not as often as I'd like) is "supersets" which is like variable pace without a break, something like 600/400/200 getting quicker on each, couple of minutes recovery and repeat say 4-5 times.
    It doesn't lend itself to big group training as everyone's pace is different. Works better in my view when you have a similar ability group (or solo) aiming for the same 600, 400 and 200 splits. If that makes sense...

What - easy run lunchtime, ankle biters tonight
    Why - coming back, coaching
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - last week
    Yesterday coached the village Weds group for our first set back since March. Ended up doing 4 miles anyway to /and from and jogging round. No grumbles from the hammy as long as I kept it easy.

• That does sound like a cautious return to normality for you, LMH. I hope it pans out. Crossing all fingers and toes.

Hazel: You can fix the termination issue in your lease agreement with a specific amendment. Usually lease agreements are subject to written form requirements so a pure verbal agreement with your landlady may not suffice. Disclaimer: I am not familiar with Swiss law; I merely assume it will be quite similar to German law. 

I usually overcook my intervals too so not the right person to ask, I'm afraid. But I think you did well regrouping and changig the workout. 

Don't get me started on missing socks :D  I bet there's a fourth dimension somewhere where all the missing single socks have one massive party ;)

Enjoy your hols, wabo.

Fingers crossed, OH. About time you "lost a stone" :)

Snowed under at work and sleep is worst it has been in a long time. So, I'm exhausted and did bugger all yesterday. Today may very well be anohter cnba day. Doctor's appointment tomorrow where I will hopefully get the official sign off to run again. Wish me luck :)
  • Good news that your hamstring will allow easy running Dustin. I'm being very sensible, don't want to go back to not being able to walk without pain again.

Alehouse - what do you think is the cause of the elevated HR then? Fatigue?

Rain stopped for me too and I psyched myself up - always feels strange heading out for a run after an injury lay off, not knowing what will happen. Just two miles (said I was being sensible). Knee was making the most noise whilst running but has settled now. Physio says I won't really be able to tell if I'm doing too much until the day after so fingers crossed.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed LMH.
    Glad you were allowed to run Dustin
    Good luck OH
    Have a good trip Wabo
    Chick cnba days are good sometimes :)
    Hazel what the others said, easy does it to start.

What: almost 6 km with 8 x 1 min off 1.5 min recovery
    Why: I was meant to go to running club, but spent over 2 hours in the car today (had 6 miles of petrol left in the tank when I got to the petrol station near my house!!!) and was tired.  So decided to go out and see if I could mix it up a bit with some speedwork.  It was amazing!
    Last hard: well technically that, but I had so much fun and ran another sub 30 min 5 km :disappointed:
    Lyrics: nope

Feeling tired but elated!