Friday 4th September 2020 They mean a trip to Paris or Rome

alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Training
Morning!

Lyrics: They mean a trip to Paris or Rome
For someone else but not for me

Hope those who journeyed yesterday travelled well.

What: legs will decide

Why: not felt very fresh on my runs this week. Ideally it will be something quicker but will play it by ear, or rather legs and heart! Will run a bit later as well today to see if it makes a difference. 

Back later.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Going Nowhere by Oasis.

Cross posted with you yesterday chicksta - a rest won't do any harm. Hope the doc gives you the good to go.

Nice session emzap.

Hope you enjoy your run today Alehouse, lovely morning for it here.

What:          hopefully a couple of easy miles
    Why:           rehab
    Last hard:   the last few weeks have been quite hard
    Last rest:    2/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning again!

Quiet!

Lyrics are lines two and three: title in line one. 

What: 15 mins warm up, 2 x 4 mins hard with 2 mins recovery, 15 mins warm down.

Why: step 4 part 2 of speedwork plan. Have run parkruns at a faster pace...and I still haven't run a parkrun hard. Legs just wouldn't go any faster today! 11 degrees and breezy.

Hope there were no repercussions from yesterday's outing LMH, and today is ok also.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Waiting impatiently, all dressed up in gown and stockings.
    It has to be.
    Last 24h has been hard and not a lot of exercise. I have been doing my demented polar bear ward loop reps!
    Lyrics no 
  • Hope all goes well, OH! 
  • Your run sounds amazing, em. Well done. Oh, I love it when speedwork feels good. Doesn't really happen that much :) 

Fingers crossed, OH. Hope it goes well.

Are you allowed to run every day if things feel OK, LMH? Hope it all goes to plan.

Ale: It's a step in the right direction. One day we'll all run fast parkruns again. 

Well, my doctor's appointment didn't go quite as planned. I can stick to short run segments every other day but real running should only be resumed after 6 months. He said the general 3-4 months rule applies to "normal" people doing the odd light jog or playing an easy tennis double. I said "so you think I'm not normal?" Him: "no, you run marathons. That's not normal in my book and I bet you're a bit obsessive with your training" :D  Ahem... touché I would say ;) 

I can live with it, I think. The other 6 months after October may be a different story. On the other hand it means I can have a lie-in when it's cold, dark and nasty and resume proper training at the end of April 2021. I wish we didn't have Covid so I could use the gym more. Or am I being overly cautious? 

At least I got the sign-off to go hiking and mountain-biking which bodes well for our October holiday. 
  • Nice session Emz, you too Ale.
    Chick - That's pretty reasonable news, and definitely positive about the holiday

what - 5 miles mostly on road
    why - hammy checking, no issues, legs still stiff though
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - today but more as work delayed going out until almost 2pm, and I started work at 6:30. call with NY at 7 tonight, long day. there will be beer at 7.30
    Deferred London until 2022, I'll be V55 then, I get 5 more minutes for a GFA....
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

LMH hope the run today was good and you have no effects from it.
    Chick annoying but not surprising I guess?  Though I of course think you are totally normal :wink:
    Ale good session
    Dustin that is a loooooong day
    OH hope all goes well.

What: walk today with friends and babies
    Why: it was meant to be a run day, but they offered to walk with me after we'd had a picnic for lunch and it was really really nice
    Last hard: I'm very tired today!
    Lyrics: possibly...

Have a lovely day all.