Sunday 6th September 2020

Morning!

Lyrics: I can't sleep at night...
I turn on the light
Then while it's burning

Not a good night's sleep here! Seem to have been awake hours. Hopefully get back off again: my eyes are tired but not the rest of me! Lines 1,3 and 4 of the lyrics: line 2 includes the title.

What: probably half an hour or so 

Why: will play by ear and time constraints. Visiting daughter's house with a builder friend re a possible extension.

Hope everything goes to plan today, OH.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Caution by Bob Marley.

Hope you got back to sleep Alehouse and that emzap and chicksta had better night's. I don't sleep well - awake around 0400hrs at the moment having had weird stressy dreams most nights. Sign of the times I guess. Had to get up and take painkillers last night as my hips were aching so much. I'm struggling.

Hazel - any nice possibilities for your new place? Such a stressful time.

Hope you are on the plane this afternoon OH.

Enjoy meeting up with your friend emzap.

Bike is here but Lola isn't. I must admit I'm really missing her. With not being able to go out for long runs or walks and not wanting to go out for dinner (well, you know, wanting to be able to go out for dinner but not feeling safe to do so) having her here wouldn't have been an issue - apart from the fact that we're in a third floor apartment. LOL.

I have decided on a change of tactics this morning. Rather than going out for a walk and seeing how everything feels I'm just going to head out for my run once it's a bit lighter - it can all complain afterwards!

What:           hopefully at least a couple of easy miles
    Why:            I want to be a runner again
    Last hard:    body letting me down
    Last rest:     5/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Hope you're not too tired today Ale, and hope the running goes to plan LMH

I've got out for a few runs this week, nothing that exciting, managed a 5k in just over 23 mins. Work has been busier, and I'm starting a week off night shifts again tonight, so need to make an effort to make the time for running

Lyrics no
  • Xposted with you yesterday, OH. Glad the procedure went well.

Fingers crossed your new strategy works, LMH.

Hope Lucas settles, em.

Busy, busy, chamolk.

Bad night for me too, ale.

A walk and some s&c today.
  • Afternoon (just about)

Hope you have got in some more sleep in the meantime Ale.

Travel well OH.

How was the run attempt LMH? Just been on a tour of the area to check out a couple of possible flats from the outside to see if they are worth looking at. Nothing optimal yet but a couple of maybes. Is Lola in kennels whilst you are on holiday?

Nice 5k chamolk. Hope you find the time and motivation the next week to fit in some runs around your shifts.

What: probably a longer MLR in a bit
    Why: will go by feel on distance, undulations will feature.
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • That's a pretty nifty 5k chamolk - your fitness is coming back. Hope you can make some me time.

Enjoy the walk chicksta.

No, we don't usually use kennels Hazel, Lola is staying with a lady who lives in our village. I was worried about leaving her with not having had her very long, thought it might unsettle her but I was sent a lovely picture of her having lots of love with a granddaughter with the caption 'Lola has made a new friend'. Any of the flats look promising?

So, my run. I just did a short walk before starting to run. I thought to myself 'my knee feels fine' then reminded myself that it usually does for the first half mile. Started to run and everything felt ok. Thought that I must be at about half a mile and when I checked it was actually .6 and still nothing from the knee. My right hip started to ache a little bit but that settled. First mile beeped. Knee a bit uncomfortable but definitely not painful. This is nice. I was hoping to run two miles but began to think that three might be possible as my knee hadn't started to hurt yet. Kept running and was having such a nice time, it felt so good to be able to run without it hurting. Decided to do a bit of cross country exploring on a bridleway. Realised I was getting a bit far away from home if I did need to walk back. Decided I could navigate a circular route. Couldn't find the start to the other bridleway to bring me back down to the coast so did an out and back. Was running freely and enjoying myself so much that I decided that if I broke myself again it was worth it to continue enjoying this run (as two miles seems to manage that anyway) so kept going and ran six miles. Felt as though I could have kept going but was aware that Mark would start to worry about me if I was out for much longer. Have walked about the same distance so far today including one walk of just over three miles and only a bit of discomfort from the knee and hip, nowhere near the pain of yesterday when I hadn't run. Positive vibes please that I can go again tomorrow with the same lack of pain - after all I only have another 20.2 miles to find in just under four weeks...........
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Afternoon!

Positive vibes on the way, LMH! 

What: about 40 mins

Why: enough. The stats say it was easy...
    Tired, but did manage another couple of hours sleep. Had to wait for the rain to clear before setting off on a route that I have run with OH (banks then through Abbey). Hope all is relatively ok, OH!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon
    LMH - hugely positive experience this morning, perhaps the change of scene also helped? Hope it's still all groovy tomorrow, positive thoughts with you!
    Ale - glad you got more sleep, sounds like a nice run today
    Hazel - did you MLR?
    Chamolk - tidy time for a tired man...

What - 1h45 trails
    Why - seeing if the legs would carry me
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - last week
    Another reasonable run, slower than yesterday, aimed for time rather than pace today. Trails starting to get a bit sticky and two of the fields had just been ploughed up so the usual compact path across the middle was instead just somewhere haphazard across churned up earth...
    Highlight of the day was a small paddock of donkeys, I'm assuming young ones, they were all a bit on the small side. Will take the camera next time I'm that way. Cute overload.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all,

6k this morning... (about my preferred  distance these days (max is now about 7k) with a friend.

Life here is starting to become clearer, in that I have been removed from my role and placed into redeployment pool (3 months) if I do not find a role in that time I will be released on the grounds of Ill Health Severance (not the route I want) but I will stay on full pay whilst all is sorted so that is a positive). 

More tests as we go and due in hospital for a small invasive procedure at beginning of next month.

Take care all
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Quick post positive vibes lmh so happy to read that

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can