Monday 7th Sept - Beware of his promise

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Training
Lyrics - beware of his promise, believe what I say, before I go forever, be sure of what you say

Great news about the run LMH, same sort of report today please

How did the mlr go Hazel? 

I've noticed the same with some trails near me Dustin, starting to get rather muddy and slippy

At least you know where you stand now RFJ, hope you get something new that you like

I did just over 8 miles last night before starting work - had intended having a wee sleep, but fancied getting out. Only got 2 hours left until I get home and get to bed. Maybe just some stretching today, or might restart some core work

Comments

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning.

Edit: No run today and not a lot of walking unless there's significant improvement, my knee is very unhappy :-(

So nice to get up and see the thread started.

I shall do my best chamolk! Sleep well and don't forget to stretch when you get up.

RFJ - hope you can find a new and interesting role.

Dustin - I love donkeys. Have you read Running With Sherman? Put it on your xmas list if not. Good that your hamstring is holding up to these miles especially on tricky trails. Legs permitting I was planning a run incorporating more bridleways this morning but we had some heavy and persistent rain late yesterday so I'm not sure that will be such a good idea. last thing I need to do it twist my knee.

Hope OH made it home safely.

Hazel - hope your MLR went well.

Wabo - are you having a lovely Holiday?

What:           a few miles if the legs allow
    Why:            I want to run if they are willing
    Last hard:    the last few weeks have been hard
    Last rest:     5/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

Sorry the positive vibes didn't work for today LMH.  Pleased you did at least have a nice run yesterday. Donkeys are nice - don't tend to see many around (here at least).  Good that Lola is enjoying her holidays as well.  Haven't found an optimal flat yet but one which would be ok, should be getting an answer on whether we are on the short list later.

Careful on the trails Dustin - yes please to taking a pic of the cute donkeys.

Everything ok OH?

Have a nice sleep chamolk - you should be finished now if everything went to plan.  Well done for getting out for your run before work.

Good to know what the future will be RFJ even if not all that you would like in the circumstances. 

MLR yesterday (14.99 miles - oops) was nice - dropped plans to do a standard route with a few quicker miles for a hillier one along a wooded ridge (+200m up onto the ridge plus ups and downs there too) which I have been planning to do for a while.  Have had this on my list for a while and with moving away from here soon I should get some of those on the list done.

Have a good start to the week all.

What: recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: yes (well I know who. Not sure of exact title.) Appropriate!

Yesterday's lyrics were "Tossing and Turning", The Ivy League. 

Sounds a great run yesterday Hazel, if a little short!

Good to hear from you, RFJ

And would be good to hear from OH!

Hope the knee eases as you get moving, LMH.

What: unsure, but a run for sure.

Why: am meeting up with a couple of ex uni friends who are both athletics' historians, and one of whom is writing a history of the cross country club, hence the meeting.
    And it is pouring again. Yesterday heard that the rainfall around here for July and August was over 170% of normal...and normal is quite damp. A lot of the trails have been muddy all summer, and everywhere is very green.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning ,

Sorry been MIA but I only ran 4  miles Saturday and yesterday 5.3 miles so you would think I was on the mend....

Today got up but felt exhausted so back to bed for 2.5 hours and feels like the virus is back so not going to run today will go for a walk and try again tomorrow.......sigh
    But i shall do my core work hopefully.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning all
    RFJ - I guess, as chamolk says, the future is a little clearer even if not ideal.
    LMH- sorry the positive vibes did not reap dividends today, and no, not read that, will google...!
    WP - definitely sounds like a virus/bug of some sort.
    Hazel - sounds a cracking run yesterday!
    Ale - oh, meeting sounds interesting! I love hearing tales of "the old days" - some of the stories the older guys at our club recount are priceless. Oh, and we'll have some of that rain please. Trails still largely rock hard round here. Although I'll get my rain fix nest week when we get rid of , I mean drop off, #2 offspring at Manchester Uni
    Is OH home yet?

What - in that there London town today so ran in from Waterloo - Canary Wharf (5.25 miles) at 6am
    South Bank to myself for the most part
    Why - recovery, run-commute, avoiding the tube
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - weeks ago
  • Home safely but 2 setbacks
    Stent came out prematurely on Saturday afternoon.
    Continuing kidney stone pain attributable to tiny bits of stone debris (that wer intended to be helped by stent.

• Afternoon!

Hope things pan out ok, OH

What: 15 mins warm up, 6 x 30 secs uphill with 1 min recovery, trying to maintain good form, 15 mins warm down. In the rain. You are welcome to it Dustin

Why: step 5 part 1 of 16 step "speed" plan. Felt like an old man trying to sprint...then I realised that I am an old man trying to sprint. Have a feeling that at least one glute or hamstring might protest in the morning. Hope that the protest isn't too vociferous. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • OH: oh no 😔 I'd hoped the procedure would have got rid of the stone and related debris for good...

Sorry to hear the knee is unhappy again, LMH. Your post yesterday sounded so positive.

Dustin: Is it true what we read in the papers here that people are avoiding London and stay in their home offices? South Bank equalled tourist dodging when I used to run there :)

That's a lot of rain, ale. Enjoy your meeting. Lol re. old man trying to sprint ;) I tend to forget my age too. Then I look in the mirror ... :D

Argh, Hazel - 14.99 would have driven me nuts ;) hope you can find a suitable abode soon.

Looks like your running is coming together nicely, chamolk

Hope you're better soon, poppy.

3 hours of gardening today.

Lyrics: no
  • Sorry to hear that OH.

Hope nothing makes too much noise tomorrow Alehouse.

I really hoped that something had changed chicksta but obviously not. Nothing can take away how good yesterday's run felt though. It reminded me why I keep trying rather than accepting that my body doesn't want to do it anymore.

Are you going to have to move far Hazel? I would have had to round that up :-)

Do you have to go in to the office often Dustin? Seems ridiculous to me that Boris thinks that saving the sandwich shops is more important than saving people's lives. Schools just back, universities returning, infection rates consistently climbing but people (who can work perfectly well from home) should go back to the office. Really?

Sorry to hear that you haven't managed to shake whatever it was off Poppy.

We had some unexpected heavy rain which seemed to be set to stay so Mark and I went out for a full waterproof walk but my knee was very unhappy so it wasn't very far. Fortunately the rain went through and the roads dried up so I persuaded Mark to get the bikes out of the car and set up and we went out for a ride together. A bit over an hour and a quarter then a stop for gelato (which we sat and ate outside as it started raining again) followed by a couple of wet miles home. I felt so much better for being out.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Glad you had a good run yesterday but sorry your knee is not playing today lmh.
    Rfj good to see you
    Poppy get well soon
    Ale he he!
    Oh that's annoying about the debris

What: 5km this morning
    Why: had a grand total of 2 hours of sleep so wanted to get it out the way
    Last hard: booking a covid test, it's a farce
    Lyrics: nope though yesterday's were appropriate

Lucas really poorly overnight, he ended up in our bed for the first time ever. Pretty sure it's teething but as we have nursery settling in this week and he had a temp when I'd got back from my run we need a clear covid test. At 8am the nearest one was over 50 miles away. Told to ring back after 9. Then the nearest one was 30 miles away. Finally after 2 hours of trying, got one 13 miles away. Results not back yet but assuming they will all be negative. 

Bed time now I think!!