Tuesday 8th September - she was a fast machine

chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Training
Lyrics - She was a fast machine
She kept her motor clean
She was the best damn woman I had ever seen

Yesterday's were The Night, by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons

That's pushing the limits of medium in the MLR Hazel, well done. 

Sorry to hear about the knee LMH - any better this morning? 

Sounds miserable Emz - unfortunately it looks like we're in for a whole winter of swabs for every temperature or cough

Hope you get better soon Poppy, and sorry to hear the problems with the stent OH

Ale - how are the hamstrings this morning? 

Chick - 3 hours or gardening would leave me feeling worse than a 3 hour run I think

Dustin - good plan, I'd be doing my best to stay off the tube too

Did a 2 mile walk before work last night. Slept OK, but woken up by a few work phone calls. Things are getting pretty busy, so I might have to go straight from this shift in to my other job in the morning, so I'm on the come zero currently. Dunno if I'll have the energy for a run later or not

Comments

• Morning.

I hope you managed some sleep chamolk - don't go burning yourself out. One of the strange things about my knee is that it generally feels absolutely find wandering around the house. It's not until I've walked a few hundred metres that it starts to hurt. I will head out and try a run but have no idea how it will be.

Hope you get the results back in time to go out for today's 5k emzap - do you have a plan of how you can do it whilst self isolating?

What:            hoping for a run but who knowa
    Why:             I want to run
    Last hard:     Not being able to run
    Last rest:      7/9

Lyrics - no.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Emzap hope Lucas is ok
    Lmh hope the knee is ok

Lovely time in Cornwall, every run went down hill steep, flat for a bit  then back up to  where my brother lives! Legs seemed to get used to it which is good 

What 4.5 miles at some point today
    Why why not
    Last hard yesterday am 
    Last rest 31 12 16
    Have a good day all - I'm taking the granddaughters to school this morning, Lyla goes all day now, she's only 4 bless her
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

That was a short break, Wabo! Hope mum was ok!

Do hope that you got some sleep, Chamolk! Hamstrings seem fine...so far!

Take care, LMH!

What: something easy running-wise plus long stretch

Why: yesterday was harder/neglecting stretches a bit lately which I can't afford to do!

Run won't happen until later: pouring again! And still dark.

Lyrics: no

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I think this is following on from that research published a week or so ago that they helped with. As far as I can recall, they found that covid spread outdoors was lower than they had initially thought, even if fairly close together.

Might be useful in getting other events up and running again too
  • I'm glad you enjoyed your break Wabo.

I think that lots of people who have been using the parks over the past few months are going to be unhappy faced with large crowds of sweaty runners taking over the paths as though they are the only ones with a right to use them on a Saturday morning and not maintaining social distancing before, during or after their run. I guess they'll have to get permission from each local authority? Research funded by the organisation with a vested interest - if it were tobacco or plastic manufacturers there would be a lot of cynicism about it.

Stretch Alehouse! I have been very good doing my rehab and core exercises.

Doesn't look as though you've managed any sleep chamolk?

Well, this morning was a good knee morning. I set off for my little pre-run walk bit and could feel the knee which made me think it wasn't going to happen again today but I started running and whilst it got a little worse it didn't go beyond the uncomfortable stage. Not quite as pain free as Sunday's run but a mood enhancing, life affirming eight miles run and I felt as though I could have carried on (if I'd had breakfast!). Hoping that as usual this means that walking will also be ok today.
  • Morning

Hope you had a nice meet-up with your uni friends Ale.  Uphill sprints are hard at any age I think.  Glad your hamstrings are ok today. Have you done your stretches in the meantime?

Hope you are feeling better today WP.

Dustin, I would also like to reserve some of Ale's rain so don't be too gready.  Does offspring off to uni mean more cake available for you?  Nice early run-commute.

Glad you are home okay OH but not so good news regarding the procedure results. 

The 14.99 wasn't deliberate chicksta - I generally work in km (24.21) and only noticed when I uploaded my run data to various places.

Hoping we will be able to stay in the vicinity LMH as we both have connections here.  Don't want to have to travel far for sport purposes for example.  Now on the shortlist of 3.  Nice bit of biking despite the rain and great news you had a good run again today. 

Ouch to the only 2 hours of sleep emzap.  Good luck with test results and what a pain to get tests done.

With that amount of sleep wouldn't blame you either for not going out for a run chamolk but maybe it would help when you do get a chance to sleep.  I generally go with the P&D less than 16 is an MLR and above is a long run.

Glad you enjoyed Cornwall Wabo.  Is Lyla settling into school well?

Not sure about parkrun (never done it).  Would be nice to see running events of any kind coming back on the agenda but wouldn't like to see the backlash if one is identified as a potential superspreading event.

What: group run
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning again!

Sounds good, LMH...as long as there are no repercussions!

Enjoy the group run, Hazel! And I presumed that you had translated from kms. 

What: the rain stopped so I went out. Had only got to the river bank (300 metres) before the heavy drizzle started. Legs tired but nothing specific. Quads worse than the hamstrings or glutes. Just over 30 minutes banked. Stretches will be later. 

Why: easy day plus need to get back into the stretching routine. Website says the uni fitness suite re-opened yesterday, so that will help if that is correct.

Off to dry out in the bath. Again.  
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • sounds like a nice break Wabo
    Ale - good work on the sprints, age is but a number...
    Hazel - meant to say 15 for a MLR seems quite a lot, enjoy the group run
    OH - sorry to hear about the post op struggles, hope you're feeling rosier today
    Chick - quite right, south bank used to be a slalom, now it's human free!
    LMH - sounds like a decent run today. As for work, I think it will be a slow return.
    It is actually quite nice to be with others: there were 5 out of about 50 in. 
    We can probably do much of our work from home, but some things you cannot. I'd hate to be a new member of staff told to log in and just crack on. And surely if we can work from home, it can be done more cheaply if labour is outsourced overseas...
    Emz - fingers crossed and hope you , and chamolk, get better sleep tonight

What - club night 5 mins , 5x1 min, 5mins, 5x1 min, 5mins
    Why - apparently being hung, drawn and quartered is abolished so we're going for the next worse thing
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - today
    Looking forward to it, will still keep a lid on any over exertion to keep hammy safe, but also pleased that we have around 45 registered for training tonight. It's like covid never happened!
  • alehouse said:
    honi soit qui mal y pense ...  

Not sure this is a good idea, as much as I love parkrun. Pretty sure ours won't get permission to go ahead for some time. The area is super busy as is.

Ouch, Dustin. Enjoy tonight's training.

Em: Hope Lucas is improving and that your tests come back clean.

chamolk: What LMH said. Careful. 

Glad it was a good knee day, LMH. Hope there are more of those in the days to come.

I plucked up some courage and and went to the gym today for a nice workout of 45mins on the elliptical and 30 mins of kettlebells. There were no more than 4 people in the vast cardio area and the free weights weren't very busy either. So I felt quite safe and decided I shall go more often. 
  • I'm glad you had a good experience at the gym chicksta.

Dustin - or they can pay you the same but not pay for the expensive office space.. Keep being sensible with that hamstring.

I doubt very much if I'll be having a good leg day tomorrow but I made the most of this one - Mark and I walked twelve miles (round trip total) to have an ice cream! Mark told me it was four miles each way initially which sounded manageable then it changed to five and the extra was caused by someone taking the opportunity to use Covid as an excuse to stop people walking the cliff path across their land leading to an inland then back to the coast diversion.
  • Last night was grim. At least I had by then got some oral morphine.
    Today has been a lot better. Just paracetamol and have been for a couple of short walks.
    Yet to run or swim.post op ...
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Good news lmh, fingers crossed for tomorrow.
    Owww oh, sounds like it's getting better though?

3 hours of sleep last night. No test results back so a 5km round the garden. A whole loop of front and back is 100m. If these results don't come soon I'm going to need willpower of steel to keep this up. It was excruciating.  Also took 55min and I was running quite hard. Think the GPS was way out!

Hoping to have less screaming and more sleeping tonight and wake up to some test results. Lucas is meant to be going to nursery tomorrow for a settling in day. I foresee a nightmare winter of covid testing and quarantine for anyone with toddlers...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Hazel Lyla has settled in so well
    Emzap blimey that's tough going!!! 
    Lmh glad you got a run in
    Oh hope things are easier tonight
    Nice gym visit chicksta
    Nice training Dustin 
    I'm wondering if park run will happen end of October with news tonight of no more than 6 to meet
    Hazel hope group run was good
    I did 3.75 tonight on the end as I had to spend time with son and family today
    Alehouse hope you did your stretches
    Night night
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020