Wednesday 9th September 2020 - Don't go around tonight

Morning.

Lyrics - Don't go around tonight

Well it's bound to take your life

Lyrics taken from the chorus. I think everyone should know these.

Well done for completing yesterday's 5k emzap. I hope that you managed more sleep last night and that you get the test results back early today. I think it's going to be a long winter :-(

Glad that Lyla has settled in school Wabo.

I hope that's the debris passed and you on the mend OH.

Once it's light I shall set out but I haven't decided whether I'll walk first and try a run if that's ok or just try a run. I have a feeling today may be a bike day. 
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Woo hoo I know these lyrics
    Morning lmh hope the knee plays ball

What 5-6? We'll see
    Why I want more miles
    Last hard yesterday evening
    Last rest 31 12 16
    Have a good day
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: indeed

Stretches: I did indeed Wabo! Must do them today as well.

A better night, I hope, OH.

Hope all is well, Emz!

A bike day might not be a bad idea, LMH!

What: will be guided by the legs

Why: run to feel day

Just listening to the new rules re groups etc. Can't see there will be many races never mind parkruns for a significant period of time. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Nor me Alehouse. It's going to be a long winter. I may resort to the bike though we are currently experiencing some precipitation and mark isn't keen

Why the quest for more miles Wabo?

As expected it is a no run day though I did manage a mile before deciding that whilst I probably could it wasn't going to be enjoyable or a good idea. Progress of sorts though as previously it would be a definite no and so far walking isn't as bad as it usually is when I can't run. 
  • Morning

Hopefully you will be able to get in some sort of activity today which doesn't hurt too much and doesn't involve getting too wet LMH.  Hope that was a good ice cream you walked for yesterday.

News regarding group limits reached here too Ale.  Really could be a race / parkrun killer. 

You sound enthusiastic about your miles Wabo - enjoy!  Good news on Lyla.

Hope you and your hamstring survived the club session Dustin.  I could have a very long rant about things being done cheaper by overseas staff but I should be working now anyway. 

Well done on going to the gym Chicksta.

Hope you are feeling better today OH.  Are there any restrictions on post-op exercice (other than pain levels).

Really hope that you get your tests back today emzap - that is a grim prospect indeed.  Well done on getting your 5k in nonetheless!

What: around 10 depending on how I feel
    Why: won't have time for longer midweek mileage tomorrow so will do it today instead
    Last hard 1:  we didn't get the flat we were on the shortlist for.  Killer was having two cats - the people who got it only have one...
    Last hard 2: couldn't sleep until 2am and some time after that kitty 2 decided to jump on and then throw up on the bed causing OH to have hysterics.. Not sure who I am more pissed off with right now.

Last rest: 30.03.  Could do with more of the non-running kind right now

Lyrics: errm..

• Morning again!

What: just over 12k off road. Very windy for the first 7k (probably did the run the wrong way round!) and very greasy mud for most of that. Picked up the speed in the second half, relatively.

Why: MLR, hopefully although I have a feeling it might end up being this week's long run. We'll see.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hiya
    OH- hopefully it continues to get better...
    Chick - good gym session
    Ale - sounds like a nice run
    Hazel - hope you get the run in!
    Emz - fingers crossed for speedy and positive results
    I saw the park run announcement, as you know it's not my thing, but I wonder how much of it is just making a statement. Trained with our local PR organiser last night, he sees no way it can happen, but there are normally 600 or so....

What - easy 10k on trails
    Why - recovery
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - yesterday, for the wrong reasons. Scheduled session but hamstring grumbled on the 5 minute tempo, was hardly pushing it either. Backed off and completed the session towards the back of the field without any further niggles, but would suggest any attempts to up the pace are met with refusal. 
    Today's run was pain and niggle free. Annoying.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    lmh trying to get to JOG by 4/11 lol. I am doing a Great North run virtual thing as well that ends on Sunday and I need to get to 300 miles since 28/6, that looks solid.
    Nice running alehouse
    hazel oh dear! re cat I mean... Have a good run

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Afternoon

Lucas settling in at nursery at 2. Still no results by 1:30 so ring and cancel. All get negative results at 2.05, ring nursery and manage to take him. He cried through most of it. Better night last night, maybe 5 hours of sleep and only 3 hours of screaming?  Still pretty knackered. At least I can do the 5km out of the garden!

Hazel fingers crossed you get something!

Lmh I guess that's good, and you're being very sensible too

Have a lovely evening all
  • I hope your day has improved Hazel.

Better to be able to run slowly pain free than not to run Dustin.

Good news emzap.

How far do you have to go Wabo?

I was going to say that we have had a lazy day today but whilst we haven't done any specific exercise (Mark didn't want to go out on the bikes) I have clocked up 11.5 miles of walking so far today in lots of short outings. The rain passed quickly and it turned into a nice day, warm and sunny though a little breezy. 
  • Just a quick one in between jobs

Lyrics yes

Yesterday's lyrics were You Shook Me All Night Long, by AC/DC

No running last few days as no time
  • Largely pain free today. Short walk.
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh 267 ish miles now I think