Thursday 10th September - Follow the underdog

Morning.

Lyrics - Follow the underdog

Hold on his collar tight

Good news OH. Hope progress continues.

You'll do it Wabo!

Hope you get some time for yourself soon chamolk.

I have no idea whether my knee is going to allow a run today or not. Yesterday's half ok knee was a new thing, usually I can either run in which case walking is mostly ok or neither are. Last day of our holiday and I'd really like to be able to run but if not the weather looks ok for a bike ride if a little cooler.

No clearer about whether races will be allowed after the press conference yesterday afternoon - I guess it will be a case of awaiting an update from EA.

What:         hopefully a pain free run
Why:          I'd like to
Last hard:  not being able to run
Last rest:   7/9

Yesterday's lyrics - Bad Moon Rising - Creedence Clearwater Revival.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Sorry LMH, was out doing a home visit, and didn't get back to start the thread. 

Didn't really get to read yesterday's thread - I think I've already worked over 40 hours this week

I hope you get to run today

Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Cheers lmh I'm pretty determined! Hope you can run today
    Chamolk wow that's some hours already done

What 5 ish miles
    Why I want to
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Have a good run, Wabo, and hope you are able to, LMH

Sleep, Chamolk?

Good news re the tests, Emz!

Onwards and upwards, OH!

What: probably an easy run plus stretches

Why: yesterday was relatively hard/didn't do enough yesterday

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Enjoy the last day of your holiday as much as you can LMH.  Wish I could send you some of our late summer / early autumn heat for it.  Good walking yesterday. More waiting around for races on / off is just frustrating.

That's a lot of hours chamolk.  Hope you get some rest and maybe also an opportunity to air you head on a run (if you want to that is).

Add a bit of mileage on Wabo but not too much in too soon and you will get there - good luck!

Glad you are clear on the tests emzap. 

You'll be back to the faster stuff soon Dustin. 

Sounds like progress OH - hope that the pain stays away for good now!

Have a nice easy run Ale.  I should join you on the stretches.

What: some sort of speedwork - LT 5k or intervals - will try the former and if necessary drop down to intervals.
    Why: want to do some once a week
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Please take care of yourself too chamolk.

Stretch Alehouse! I've been very good doing my exercises even whilst away.

Make it happen Wabo!

I'm sorry you missed out on the flat by one cat Hazel. Hope something better turns up. I would definitely welcome some more heat but we have had good weather for the North of England.

It looks as though it may be a day of two halves - run this morning and ride this afternoon. Knee was uncomfortable and I was worried initially but it just settled to a manageable level and at times even felt better. I enjoyed another eight mile run and was contemplating adding an extra mile but I met Mark (who was out for a walk) just before I completed the eighth mile so I took that as a sign and stopped and walked back with him. Mark offered a walk this afternoon but I knew he'd like to ride his bike really so he is currently plotting a route that the plan is to ride this afternoon with an ice cream/milkshake/coffee stop.

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Sounds like a good day so far lmh
    Hazel will do, walking is included in the lejog challenge so that is a good plan
    Enjoy your run
    I am back, it was a good run, plan is to get some running - in meet the girls and walk through the forest to school then I run some more.  I had a panic I would be late to meet them, its amazing how you can up the pace when that happens!! Got there spot on 8.40
    Got a court date for settlement re Giselle, 2/10 - high court  :#
  • I know what you mean about upping the pace Wabo. I really hope that the court case isn't too stressful.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It shouldn't be LMH, just court approval and putting a line under it all. Got a horrible patch of itchy skin on the outside of my shin, feels like eczema I reckon which I don't get!! Stress I am sure. Taking piriton. Maybe need to call doc
  • Morning again!

Sounds a good morning, LMH!

Well done on getting the girls to school on time, Wabo

Enjoy your faster stuff, Hazel!

What: stretches and 6k off road d&d

Why: 6 should be on all of our minds at present! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Slow 5k jog around Scapa
    Progress of a sort
    No recurrence of ureteric colic pain and no strong painkillers.
    Last hard: Monday
    Last rest: yesterday
    Lyrics no

Missed out on what is happening re Giselle but hope all goes well.

If all continues well, I will drive Elspeth to Edinburgh Royal on Saturday (have plans B and C)
    Covid test for her tomorrow then isolation for us both again. However most of this ironically will be spent travelling.

Flat battery in van (not being used) scuppered plans for trip to recycling today.
  • I hope that's the case Wabo.

Sounds like progress is good OH. At least it's a shorter period of self isolation.

It was Alehouse - we are just back from an unplanned 6.5 mile walk. Not sure I'm going to be up for the planned bike ride this afternoon too.
  • Sorry, work got in the way yesterday ... grrrr

Not quite up to chamolk's crazy hours though :) 

That was a short holiday, LMH. Good news your managed a run and a walk. I guess it needs to be a humungous ice-cream to entice you out on the bike now ;)  

OH: Sounds like things are moving in the right direction. How is Els

Eek, wabo. Eczema sounds nasty :(  Great miles though and well done on the speedy run this morning. 

Em: Glad the Covid tests were negative. Kudos on running around your garden! I bet the GPS was off. Garmin can't cope with laps. 

Hazel: Shame about the landlord's preference. I guess cat no. 2 proved his point by vomming in your bed ;) Any other options on the horizon?

I managed the little bit of running that I'm allowed and did more stuff on the elliptical and with weights at the gym.

No to lyrics. 
  • A week chicksta - it just goes quickly!

Eighteen miles on the bike this afternoon. Not rating my chances of my legs working for a pre departure run in the morning but I live in hope.
  • Hey folks, have been in hiding since wasn't a lot of fun during isolation and don't want to just be a moan on here! Back at it briefly now but next procedure looming. Also 2 weeks of isolation doesn't help your fitness despite turboing daily and yoga but really just wanting to be in the big outdoors!

All sound to be doing well!

Lyrics, no as usual.

Today morning run up back of Wideford, baking, coffee SD of course with friend and a walk.  Hoping I can manage a run in the morning before Covid test at 9 then its back to isolating but will be mainly travelling anyway.

Unsure if Peter will be well enough to travel with me although more optimistic as week goes on.

About 100 apples blew off our tree last week in a big wind, unfortunately before fully ripe. Still some left, hope they will fare better!

Chamolk, sounds busy as usual in the NHS.
  • Good to hear from you Els - don't worry about posting when you're not feeling great, that's what the support is for. Hope the travelling and procedure go well.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Lucas settling in day 2 was much better. He slept 14 hours last night and was a different child today. I slept 8 so am slowly feeling more human!

What: 5 km plus 3 walks, probably about 10 km in total from walking
    Why: errands, challenge
    Last hard: this week
    Lyrics: nope

Had a fantastic run, another sub 30 min. Felt great!

Lmh enjoy your last day, hopefully you can run
    Els and Oh I feel for you having to isolate but hopefully means both of you will feel much better soon.
    Chamolk that's insane working
    Ale, yes here was 6min/km
    Well done wabo
    1 cat hazel that's crazy!
    Chick are you allowed to run...?

Have a lovely evening all