Saturday 12th September 2020 I thought I could hear the curious tone

Morning!

Lyrics: I thought I could hear the curious tone
Of the cornet, clarinet and big trombone

Bet it seems ages since Cornwall, Wabo: was intending to use these lyrics when you were there!

Hope Els and OH had a good voyage!

Not long left of the challenge, Emz.

What: a run plus stretches

Why: will see how the legs are after yesterday before I decide how far
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - When The Party's Over by Billie Eilish (and others previously).

Enjoy your run Alehouse - looks like a nice day for it here.

My knee has declared another no run day. Wrexham is either off or delayed by two weeks, the two extra weeks would be good for me but of course I'm doing the virtual London on the 4th October which would be two weeks out. I think I may just give up but whilst I'm not in sub 3 shape I definitely felt that I could run a sub 3.15 and hopefully closer to a 3.05. It would have been nice to get an official score on the door.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning again!

Sorry to hear of another run-less day, LMH

What: 82 mins largely off road for this week's LSR.

Why: legs felt surprisingly good after yesterday's efforts. Obviously the effort wasn't great enough. Cool (11 degrees) and breezy but bright sunshine. Autumnal. 

Just dipped under 10 stone for the first time in ages. It needs to stay that way...and more needs to disappear as well!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning
    LMH - I understand the predicament but agree with the sentiment of getting a time on the scoresheet. Being realistic, a sub 3-15 would be a superb time after this year’s setbacks. 
    Ale - hope you had a decent run today 

What - track 
    Why - test the hamstrings
    last rest - 31/8
    last hard - that was
    Mile or so warm up plus drills. 
    Then 5 x 300 off 45s - 3 minutes rest - 6 x 200 off 45s , long cool down (1.5 miles)
    Legs held up ok but could feel tightness on last couple of 2s. Pace off what I could and should be running but happy enough to come through unscathed. 
    More stretching now plus clear garage - booked a recycling spot for this week...

• That all sounds good Alehouse.

It could be pie in the sky Dustin but my last 20 miler a month ago was a comfortable 2.33 - though obviously the lack of miles this year may mean that the last 6.2 are significantly slower, I don't think that would be the case though. Your hamstring seems to be rehabbing nicely, don't go doing yourself a mischief with the garage clearing!
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Well done on the weight loss and the run, ale.

2:33 for 20 is a great benchmark, LMH. Pretty sure you have the endurance from years of consistent running.

Fingers crossed for the flat, Hazel. A bit further out could be nice for running :)

Nice speedwork, Dustin. But watch that hammie.

Walk with hubby and s&c. Were going to get another heatwave with temps in the 30s next week. That can very well bugger off if you ask me. I'm ready for autumn in mid September 🙂
  • Uneventful journey and chilled day at daughter's near Peebles.
    Lyrics a rare YES

Yep I am released from isolation after I drop Elspeth off at Edinburgh Royal. 
    Not going to go crazy however particularly as I remain in vulnerable group.
  • Evening!

Good to hear everything going to plan, OH. Hope it stays that way. And I knew that you would know the lyrics. 

Chick: don't think I am the only one who says bring on the heat. Probably won't reach me or OH!
  • Evening

Good news OH. All the best for Els and enjoy your visit at your daughter's.

Well done on the weight loss Ale. 10 stone doesn't sound much but I don't know how tall you are or your general build. Nice LS, perfect sounding conditions

Think feet up and lazy on sofa would be nice after a session Dustin but understand the need due to the appointment.

Similar thoughts regarding the heat Chicksta. Crap air quality here too. Cautiously optimistic regarding the flat. Should be plenty of running routes around, not much flat though. 

Understand your thinking LMH. Frustrating regarding Wrexham though. Comfy 20 in 2:33 off stop-go training sounds great.

What: 11k GA with strides
    Why: why not
    Last hard: big row with current landlady about moving dates.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Evening again! 

The flat issues sound very stressful, Hazel. Hopefully sorted soonest.

Re weight etc: I'm 5'6" and when I was running at my best was 8:7 at my heaviest; 8:2 at lightest, which was too light. 40+ years ago I was a fairly typical build! Not that I would like to be 8 anything! 9:7 would be great though.