Sunday 13th September 2020 - Crash the car, this road is going nowhere fast

Morning.

Lyrics - Crash the car, this road is going nowhere fast

Burn the bed, where we once laid

Good to hear you've arrived safely OH. I was thinking it was the swimming and running you'd be looking forward to when your self isolation was over. Best wishes to Els.

I hope you can sort the housing issue out soon hazel it sounds very stressful.

chicksta - send some heat! We are having two days of warmer weather but highs of only 25 and 24C. Breezy today.

Hope chamolk is enjoying some time off.

No idea what kind of knee day I'm going to have yet but I'm thinking that even if it's ok I may be cautious and not ask it to run as I'd like to take advantage of the better weather tomorrow
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: no

Yesterday's were The Floral Dance, much covered by many brass bands, but also notably by Terry Wogan for Children in Need. 

What: easy run plus fitness suite

Why: have had two relatively hard days plus trying to get back into the fitness suite routine.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I always find Terry's version very cheering Alehouse - much needed currently.

Today is definitely a non knee day though I think it's a bit better than it was yesterday. Fingers crossed it will allow a run tomorrow. I could take my bike out but at the minute it would be for the sake of it as I don't want to so I'm not going to. If the weather (or my mood) improves I may change my mind later. It's not bad weather just a bit grey and breezy.
  • Chilling near Peebles, ready to take Elspeth in.
    Lyrics back to usual no idea
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all

LMH I am sorry the knee wont run today but sounds positive that it feels better than yesterday. 
    alehouse I did google yesterdays lyrics  as they were so familiar, don't know today's. Hope the easy run is good
    what: just back about an hour ago from a solo 6 mile run mainly forest
    why: no friends would come out lol! It was lovely though
    last hard: that was
    last rest: 31/12/16

I have left loch lomond on my virtual lejog and am now approaching Loch Tay. 242 miles to do my November - I will do it I am sure.  
    Was supposed to have a party today at mine for Giselle but my son feels poor;y as was Lyla on Friday so he doesn't want to risk it. Nice vegan choc cake made, I will take it round to them tomorrow as that is her actual birthday, 6 years old.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Sorry to hear that Lyla and your son aren't well Wabo. I hope they both get over whatever it is quickly - I'm sure your chocolate cake will help.

Are you feeling better now OH?
  • Afternoon.. soon at least

Thanks for the height / weight stats Ale. Have a nice easy run.

Good attitude regarding the bike LMH.  Will also cross my fingers for tomorrow's run. Will also send some heat. Don't think anyone would like the dust/humidity though. 

What: MLR with steady start and harder finish. 22.3k
    Why: this week's longer run
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Nice miles, Hazel :+1:  Sorry to hear about the aggro with your landlady.

Sorry to hear son and Lyla are poorly, wabo.

No point going out on the bike if you don't enjoy it, LMH.

Lovely Sunday tour today, about 10k walked.

Sending some heat your way, ale and LMH 📨

• Hiya
    Hazel - decent MLR
    Wabo - hope Lyla is feeling better
    Ale - sorry I missed it - good news with the weight loss 

what - 95 minutes trail 
    why - recovery and get away from people!
    last rest - 31/8
    last hard - yesterday’s track
    Smashing run , 98% trail some quite rutted and bumpy. Also a few hills too. 
    Saw one club mate running the other way, 2 trail bikers and a horse and rider- otherwise deserted! 

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Think I forgot to post yesterday. Did 5km round the estate.

Today did 5km round local parkrun course. Then bagels and donuts after. Tomorrow is the last day! Giselle is exactly 5 years older than Lukey wabo! Didn't realise that!

Been busy baking and getting ready to tomorrow. Made Lucas some tractor trousers for our visit to the farm. I can't quite get my head around the fact he's 1 tomorrow!

Lovely photos chick
    Lmh hope knees behave tomorrow
    Hazel hope you find somewhere soon
    Ale well done on weight loss.
    Oh hope els gets on ok tomorrow.

Have a lovely evening all.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    loving the colour Chicksta :-)

LMH wise ref bike, hope knee is better tomorrow

Started all my vaccines (3 on Friday) another 3 in two weeks and then another 2 4 weeks after that then 6 weeks after that will start on the Ocrevus infusions..... plus cystoscopy at the beginning of next month all linked with the MS.

Running continues at low mileage (3-4m) had a really good non parkrun on Sat on the Dolphin 5k route in 24:33.... Jnr came out to to record a 22:40 (his first run in over a month.....)

Take care all and stay safe