Tuesday 15th September 2020 - Nothing I am

Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
edited September 2020 in Training
Morning.

Lyrics - Nothing I am

Nothing I dream

That was a long day chicksta. Hope you can enjoy your day off today instead.

Hope you had a good night Els.

Wabo - I'm glad the cake was enjoyed. Ivy is all off and all but one full and a three quarter panel have been painted. I ache a bit this morning though.

Not sure if knee is going to allow a run today. It doesn't feel great at the moment which is unusual so is probably a consequence of yesterday's domestic efforts. A shame as we are forecast one last good weather day.

Yesterday's lyrics - End Of The Road - Gladys Knight.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning
    Chick - sounds like a busy day, enjoy today!
    LMH - hope you can get out, shaping up to be a bright day
    What -club night 400/300/200/100 x 3
    Why - schedule
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - QoP elbows
    lyric - think so
    Physio worked the "tired & knotty" hamstring, stuck some pins in and tried various other things so we'll see how today goes. Won't be "all in" but would be nice to get back to some truly faster stuff in the coming weeks rather than playing at it.

• Morning all....thanks for good wishes!
    Hope you get out for run or bike in the sun LMH
    Cake looks fantastic emzap...glad Lucas had fun
    Wabo happy birthday yesterday to Gisele too!
    A line out last night...it wasn't sore but meant was tethered to bed so was good to walk around a bit. Rest of lines and flotron boots gone this morning.
    While I feel great to have come through the procedure without problem so far it seems at least 2 more needed so that's not great. So much for relatively healthy lifestyle except for the cake and chocolate. Blaming my mum's genes! 
    Eagerly awaiting breakfast and hopefully discharge if bloods ok. Didn't sleep much never do in hospital.
    You lot will have to do the running think all I'm up to today is a short walk if I get home. Plan then would be to stay at daughters near Peebles until sat and then head home.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Hope today goes to plan, Els! Don't rush things though! 

Take it easy, Dustin!

I'm familiar with that aching feeling post ivy-chopping, LMH! Usually do it by hand but yesterday was looking at hedge trimmers. 

Have a good day off, Chick!

What: will see how the legs feel when I get going. 

Why: supposed to be a quicker day followed be a long stretch.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Nice work on the ivy clearing and the fence painting LMH.  Enjoy the weather today - maybe the rest of the fence can wait?

Good luck with the speedwork this evening Dustin. 

Hope breakfast has arrived in the meantime Els and you will be discharged today and can catch up on rest at your daughter's. Cake and chocolate belong to a healthy lifestyle in my books - just not too much of it.. ;)

11 hour day on your free day is a shit day chicksta - hope you can enjoy today as compensation.

What: group run this evening
    Why: Tuesday
    Ongoing hard: heatwave and crap air quality
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Excellent to hear of continued progress Els - hope you are discharged today.

Dusting - the speedy stuff will wait, get your hamstring sorted and enjoy some bimbling in the meantime.

Alehouse - couldn't do this other than by hand as it was all attached to the fence so I needed to pull it off and clean the fence before painting it. Don't overdress today!

Hazel - it's going to wait at least whilst I see if I can run or not. Trouble is of course that it needs a good weather day and we don't seem to have as many of those as you do. Enjoy your run with company - something to look forward to and get you through the work day.

Walking Lola my knee was very on/off so I've decided to get myself out (once breakfast has settled and it's warmed up a bit more) and just hope that I can get myself home from wherever the knee decides it's had enough - which i hope will be at least a few miles. I won't go too far from home but once it goes walking is painful and slow. I intend to wear my ultra vest and carry a mask and some money so if I'm desperate I should be able to get a bus part way if necessary.
  • 3.5 mile gentle jog through the woods.
    Should collect Elspeth at around 1pm, an hour's drive from here.
    Hopefully gentle walk together this afternoon.
    Last "rest": Sunday but life has not been restful latterly
    Yesterday was hard
    Lyrics no

No paracetamol for 24h now 😀
    Hopefully on the up ...
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all, busy here
    LMH I bet it was the Ivy that made your knee sore, I ached so much last week from weeding!
    Hazel enjoy the group run
    alehouse hope thelegs are good

WHat: been out and done 3 different runs and a walk, one short run with daughter in the forest
    why: I am going easy today so that was just 1m run, .57 walk with girls, .36 run with J and then 1.25 run alone
    last hard: all that
    last rest: 31/12/16

I feel I have earned maybe a bit of an easy day....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning again!

What: just over 6k including 6 x 30 secs hard uphill with 1 minute jog recovery.

Why: part one of step 6 of my 16 step speed plan. Hard work! And it will get harder I guess. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Els: Hope you're discharged today. Can't believe you're even thinking about exercise. You're made of some stern stuff ;)

That sounds like hard gardening work, LMH. Hope the knee eased up.

Wabo: Of course you'll get to JOG. No doubt about it.

Dustin: What LMH said. Hamstrings can take forever to ease up.And speedwork is a killer.

Progress, OH :+1:

Enjoy the group run, Hazel.

Speedwork is never easy, ale. And 30 secs can feel like forever.

Slept rubbish again. Sigh. Too stressed from work I guess. Taking it easy today with just 30 mins of strength but that'll do.

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Sounds good on all fronts OH.

Wabo - sometimes an easy day is needed.

One of the reasons I don't do it Alehouse :-)

I hope the work stress eases soon chicksta.

Well my run was a bit frustrating but not for the reason I expected. For the first couple of miles I wasn't sure if I should stop but then my knee eased/I blocked it out (who knows?) and I was quite comfortable so I decided to make the most of it as there's no telling when I'll next be able to run. I wanted to get a long run in but I was scuppered not by my legs but by a killer stitch. Second time I've had this but it came on much earlier than last time. I don't usually suffer with stitch at all and no idea why I've begun to unless it's related to wearing my ultra vest (it did start on the side my water bottle was on). It got so bad that I had to do a lot of stopping and walking. At one point I could barely manage to run 400m before it became too painful so I cut the run short and headed home having only managed sixteen miles. Now I wait to see how everything reacts......
  • Sorry to hear that, LMH. I suffer from stitches occasionally and know how debilitating they can be 😔
  • Any top tips chicksta?
  • I wish. I never got to the bottom of what caused mine. The trick to exhale when the foot on the side where the stitch is hits the ground never worked for me. I have to adopt a run/walk strategy.