Wednesday 16th September 2020 - You said it's over now

Morning.

Lyrics - You said it's over now

It's just not right

Me neither chicksta. I tried that, fingers jabbed into the offending spot, stretching.......

Hope you had a comfortable night Els. Are you heading home today?

Haven't heard from chamolk for a while - hope he's not working too much to run and post.

I doubt very much if my knee will allow a run today and I'm still a little tender where I had my stitch. I could do without one more thing to manage whilst running to be honest - knees, stomach and now stitch. I'm thinking I'm going to have to rethink my relationship with running. Whilst I've enjoyed trying to get faster over the marathon it could be time to just back off and run for the pleasure of it - which is what I do most of the time anyway.

Yesterday's lyrics - The Last Day Of Summer - The Cure.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning :)

LMH: I usually don't run the day after a bad stitch as it tends to rear it's ugly head again, especially when the area is still sore. Understand your thoughts about running. When I start again next year I will run because I love it. I'm thinking about doing more trail running. I really enjoyed the hilly off-road stuff for 2 Oceans.

Blood pressure is on the floor this morning and I feel really dizzy. Hope it sorts itself so I can go for a walk later.

Talking about missing forumites: Hope Poppy is ok also.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning.

Was also wondering about WP and Chamolk.

Agree with chicksta on recurring pain from stitch LMH.  Bloody painful it can be too. 

Also agree on running just for the love of it and not to achieve things - not easy to back off though when you have likely achievable goals left. 

Hope you feel better quickly chicksta.

Nice speedwork Ale.  What sort of gradient are you doing your uphill spurts on? 

Hope all went well with Els and OH.

What: 8-9 miles later
    Why: too tired to get out this morning
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Chick: hope you are ok! And I have seen WP posting elsewhere. 

Yes, lots of reasons to run! Racing for me is close to the bottom of the list!

What: whatever M75 decides

Why: running with M75. Should be relatively easy. Then it is a dash to the tram to go to contact lens appointment.

Thick mist here at present although the sun is forecast to break through later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning again!

A pleasant 42 minutes with M75 d&d. Now to head for the tram to go to the opticians. Sun came out for our run; now clouded over again.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hi  don't know lyrics but they seem appropriate to the situation.
    Yes for me running about getting out and doing what I can these days  sometimes running with friends and don't have that much desire to race. Only real event this year was the Falkirk 8 hour mudfest...which actually was really good!
    Hopefully stitch a one off LMH!
    Eventually got away just before 4pm yesterday spending an extra 3 hours waiting for discharge drugs while Peter waited frustrated ly outside. Didn't make for a relaxed start to freedom. Still got back here had coffee a 2M stroll on old railway path some food and then linked into remote and rural surgeons meeting for an hour. Aftwr that I was wrecked but hospitals mess with your sleep and although a better night as comfy bed and cooler still tired.Hey ho!
    Hope all the missing check in and are fine.
    Much busier in hospital than when I was there in May and because they have moved to a shiny new unit other side of the city seemed a lot less joined up
    ..folk constantly beingover between wards   but hey they did a good job. A bit downhearted about needing more procedures...feel that eventually these aneurysms will get me!
    Anyhow hoping for a walk into Innerleithen where allegedly there are good brownies to be had. Also Christine and Ben arrive back tonight after c on course in Aberdeenshire. Be good to see them.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Els, enjoy the walk  and brownies.  Feel for you re more procedures
    LMH I also agree about a bad stitch. Better safe than sorry.  And running for the love of it is best.
    Alehouse glad you had a nice run
    hazel enjoy the 8-9
    chick, hope you are ok

what: 2.5 mile walk with buddies, club run later 5 (maybe) miles?
    why: weds night is club night
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Daughter ran again this morning- without me!! She now wants a phone holder and the c25k app yippee! It will only be g ood!
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Hiya
    Els - pleased you managed to escape, rest up and recover speedily!
    LMH - “only 16 miles” 😀
    Strange about the stitch, hopefully just a one off. I understand the frustration and as others have said there is more than one reason to run (although we still wish to be competitive)
    what - 6 easy trail miles first thing
    why - recovery
    last rest - 31/8
    last hard - yesterday’s session. Didn’t go all out just a bit quicker than easy. In reality I was pacing the slower runners in our group. Nice to get the legs working with no problems. Still being cautious. 
  • That is good Wabo - you'll get them all hooked eventually.

Doesn't sound good chicksta - hope you are feeling better now.

Els - it's not just poor sleep being in hospital, you've had a stressful few days/weeks, it's going to take a while to catch up with yourself - and you have to come to terms with the news that you need more procedures. Hope you can enjoy some rest and relaxation for a while.

Glad you were able to manage a bit of a faster session with no repercussions Dustin.

My contact lens check-up is being done via a phone call Alehouse - which suits me fine.

Hope you feel a bit more energised this evening Hazel.

As most of you know I rarely race so do mostly run for the love of it but I have enjoyed the progress I've made over the marathon in the past few years and didn't feel that I'd finished but it seems my body has other ideas. It's not just this year either, the previous two were quite fraught. Second time I've had this bad stitch - unfortunately I failed to note in my training diary when the last one was, shortly before the dog incident I think. Only common denominators I can think of are warm day, wearing my ultra vest and long run though as I said yesterday the stitch started much earlier this time, it was just in the last couple of miles previously.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Walk up and down the Tweed together to Innerleithen, 3 miles each way. Coffee and cake in Innerleithen, the first coffee out in 6 months.
    Now making cheese cake in preparation for daughter coming back (she's been away on a course while we've been staying at her house)
    R&R
    Lyrics no