Thursday 17 September 2020 - I wish I found some better sounds

Morning :)

I am ok, thanks for the concerns. Managed to get through the day somehow.

Lyrics: I wish I found some better sounds no one's ever heard
I wish I had a better voice that sang some better words

Have a great day and I will catch up later. Gym planned for today.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Take Me back - Bonnie Tyler.

Hope the title of today's song isn't indicative of how you feel chicksta but then i think it's a permanent state for many of us (including me) currently.

I don't know if the knee will play today though I suspect not in which case I will probably do more sitting around, baking, eating and moaning about putting on weight :-(
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick glad you got through the day
    Lmh happy baking

What run a bit, walk a bit then b run a bit more with Jodie, then run home 4 miles total ish
    Why Jodie is keen, she likes the good aches
    Last hard last night club run
    Last rest 31/12/16
    We had distances on watches etc of 5.04 (my mate Strava on phone) 4.8, 4.65 (me) and 4.63! I had to measure it on a route planner cos if my watch is that wrong I need to know, anyway mine is spot on! My mate keeps having amazing runs way quicker than she runs with me, now I know why, her phone measuring on Strava is long. Anyone else ever see this?
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

Wabo: I have just been watching people walking on the roof of the new Spurs stadium! Looks like a trip up there should be on your bucket list. And abseil down! On again on BBC1 Breakfast at 8:50. I think. 

What: a run of some description

Why: not decided. Tired. Had a phone call in the middle of the night to say my 96 year old neighbour had pressed her emergency pendant. Went over, not knowing what I would find. All fine. She had pressed the button by mistake. I didn't get back to sleep though. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WelshpoppyWelshpoppy ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning

Sorry MIA again and a bonnie Tyler song as well yesterday she lived not far from me growing up and I called around to her home for autograph she and Bobby were lovely all those year ago.....must be 44 years ago!!

This virus has been a bugger to get rid of so although I get a good day and can run say 4 miles the next day I am floored again so in past 20 days I have run 4-5 times.

Anyway

What: 4.55 miles
    Why: because I could and new shoes:-)
    Last hard: Virus and fatigue
    Lyrics:Nope

Garmingate- Amazon lost watch at repair centre and although offered a replacement  or refund I opted for replacement they went back on offer and only refund BUT I bought in sale so it Cost £155 to replace it cost £215 which is totally not fair. So awaiting refund  and then what choices I have> I had a 725xt which I loved or do I upgrade??
    What do you chaps have?

Good job my trusty 310xt still works and I have been using this tough as old bricks these new ones seem to be less robust! and last 13 months.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning again
    wp have you had the corona virus?? Poor you, hope you are fully back up and running soon. I have a vivoactive 4s, I wanted something that looked smart for all day wearing.  I love it. I did it as a trade up so 30% off plus birthday money in March
    That is a worry alehouse.  Take it easy today. I know I need to dare to do that walk!!! Bit scared though I really don't like heights but it is Spurs ha ha.

Just back, 4.5 miles run, .6 mile walked. Jodie ran again today .5 mile.  I told her to watch out because she has a 3 day streak going....
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A disturbed night isn't what you need Alehouse. Glad your neighbour was ok though.

Don't get Jodie streaking Wabo!

Glad you were able to run today Poppy. My 230 is still going strong (that's probably cursed it!) and I love it. That's very poor of Amazon.
  • Afternoon

Do the lyrics reflect a struggle to find lyrics chicksta? Glad you are ok.  Hope the gym does something to increase your blood pressure. 

What are you baking LMH?  I could send you a nice document (128 pages) on Hungarian tax reporting to distract you if you like.

Glad your neighbour is ok Ale. 

Your mate's phone is quite a bit off Wabo - maybe the GPS on the phone?  Like Jodie's infant streak.

Interesting regarding Bonnie Tyler WP.  Could have a listen to her next..   What shoes did you get?  That is annoying regarding the watch.  Lucky you have a spare.  I don't use Garmin so can't advise.

What: 3 x 10mins off 3 min recoveries + warm-up / warm-down (15k in total) d&d pre-work
    Why: doing regular speedwork (grabbed multi-distance P&L plan for inspiration as has a good mix)
    Last hard 1: that was but pleased to get a session done as planned after 2 botched attempts
    Last hard 2: two years yesterday was the last time I ran a mara (Berlin) - can't believe it was that long ago already - time also flies when you are not always having fun. 
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Afternoon!

Good session, Hazel!

Pleased to say I know nothing about Strava, Wabo!

What: just over 47 mins easy. 

Why: tired. Decided against doing the planned quicker session. There will be other days!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale a relief to find she was Ok though!
    Chick and wp sorry to hear you are unwell and hope deep better today. 
    LMH baking is always good therapy!
    Hazel...any more news on flat?
    Wabo...next generation of the thread?
    Here it's a lovely day and had a great walk up local small hill Lee Pen the down to Innerleithen for a spot of lunch...hotel which has benches and gazebo outside which was good for SD! Back along old railway path about 9m with 500m gain
    Certainly couldn't have done that 3 days after my bleed!
  • Take it easy, Els!!
  • That's a big day out Els, good news.

Well done on nailing that session Hazel. I didn't bake today in the end - yesterday I made gf bread and chocolate banana fingers and today was going to be a plum yoghurt loaf which i will probably make tomorrow.

Too right Alehouse, better to be safe and no need for speed just now - or did you enter that race?

My knee and hip weren't happy by the end of Lola's walk and though I changed into running kit my sensible head intervened. I needed to be out though so I went out on the bike instead. Just twenty miles and I wished the road surfaces were as good as where we rode in Yorkshire but I enjoyed it. Sanity (or what passes for it with me) survives another day and I'm hoping that I can run tomorrow.
  • Fingers crossed it's a run day tomorrow, LMH.

Good to see you, poppy. Garmin-gate sounds terrible though. Interesting anecdote re. Bonnie Tyler :)

Wow, Els. That's some going: Respect. 

Sheesh, ale. That's something disconcerting to happen in the middle of the night. No wonder you didn't go back to sleep. 

Very good session, Hazel. Kudos getting this done before work. I had a Google pictures time line reminder about Berlin too :)  Just glad it wasn't as hot in 2018 as it is now.

The title of today's song is exactly what my (work) life is all about at the mo. But I also like Hazel's suggestion about me trying to struggle to find lyrics which is pretty close :)

Managed an hour on the elliptical and 30 mins of kettlebells this morning. Pleased with getting sweaty. 
  • Hiya
    Good session Hazel, and sounds a lovely day Els
    Ale - good work on the neighbourly deeds, make sure you catch up that sleep!
    Chick - well done, sounds awful !

What - drive back from Manchester having dropped #2 offspring at Uni (drove up yesterday)
    Then took eldest to the track and joined in 10x hill reps "to stretch the legs"
    Why - because I'm stupid: I could have jogged round the block instead
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - today