Saturday 19th September 2020 - Have you ever heard the sound of disappointment?

Morning.

Lyrics - Have you ever heard the sound of disappointment?

It tangles your head like a winter rose.

Hope your buns were ok Els. Don't go overdoing it.

Not good about your house Alehouse - when will you get the report?

Unfortunately my right hip was very unhappy in the small hours to the extent that I had to take painkillers. 

Yesterday's lyrics - Sweat It Out by Elton John.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh sorry your hip is playing up, if you're anything like me the downside of when I don't run is things ache. Hope that's all . Have a good day. 

What taking a trio of ultra trainers round the forest
    Why they need hills and don't know the forest too well
    Last hard yesterday, although miles were very low
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Alehouse hope the house is ok
  • Morning!

Lyrics: don't know

Don't know when I will get the house report, and don't know what I will do about it apart from show it to builder friends. 

What: don't know

Why: it is a don't know sort of day

Hope things ease, LMH

And that sounds like you may be in for a tough run this morning, Wabo!

Will put my kit on a head out in about an hour. Should stay dry!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Let you know later alehouse, I'm looking forward to it though cos I'm in control 🤣
  • Unfortunately it's a consequence of yesterday's run Wabo. Did they like the bungalow? Enjoy your run with company.

Alehouse - you'll probably want to show it to your insurance company but hopefully not. Dry here but breezy, too much so for me to enjoy a bike ride. Hope it stays ok for your run.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Morning again!

What: 70 mins with all except the last 2k off road. Over-dressed. Windy. 

Why: near as I will get to a long run this week. Was chilly when I set off. Decided to run into the wind for the first part of my loop so that the wind would behind me for 5k along the river bank on the way back. Mistake! Still somehow ended up slogging into the wind for those last 5ks. Probably not windy by the standards of those north of the border, though!

Re house report, am going to try to avoid the insurance company. I have spoken to them and there is a £1000 excess if it subsidence, plus they will "enhance" the premiums for the next ten years, which is illogical as the problem will have been solved! Getting ahead of the game though as there will have to be further investigations to see if it is subsidence and what has caused it. 

Hope your run was good, Wabo, and that you stayed in control!

Edit: brilliant service from OMM! I contacted them to ask if they could provide me with material to patch my jacket, and it has just arrived! So far so good. Jut need to get the patch fitted. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    It was a great run, 7.13 I stayed in control because I can shout! They we all a bit faster than me so I yelled directions, was great
    Lmh I see, I'll need to  read back I missed a lot yesterday
    They loved the bungalow and have put in an offer.
    Alehouse why does the wind always do that???

• That's a bit cheeky of the insurance company Alehouse. Glad you contacted OMM and they were able to help.

Hope the bungalow purchase goes through smoothly Wabo. Do they have somewhere to sell too? Good miles.
  • Afternoon!

Well done, Wabo! Sounds like a great outing.
    And a bungalow sounds a good move for Giselle especially. Hope it all goes to plan!

LMH: the structural engineer said that all the insurance companies have similar policies, not just mine. 
  • Hiya
    Wabo - good news re the bungalow
    Ale - sorry to hear about the house issue but better news from OMM

what - steady 5 miles to the beach and back, naturally a few inclines involved 
    why - fresh air, exploring
    last rest - 31/08
    last hard - Thursdays hills

few miles walked this afternoon along the Jurassic coast plus lunch and beers. 
    must be nap time soon....
  • Heading north. Boat from Aberdeen at 5pm.
    Home time.
    Hopefully back down for wedding in 11 days time
    Yesterday's 11 mile walk felt hard. Side was sore again and walk was longer than planned (impassable path)
    30 minute walk just now, likely only exercise today. Will be confined to cabin once on boat (Covid).
    Lyrics no

Now on boat - get in at 23:00

• Safe journey OH.

Sounds as though you are making the most of your holiday Dustin.
  • 5k walk first thing to get moving before a longish drive.  Was rewarded with some nice scenery.

• Another walk when we got here. Left hip and right knee sore from driving 😕

Lovely weather 🌞

• Sorry to hear that you also have a sore knee and hip chicksta - hope they ease overnight.
  • Chick...Looks lovely..hope you have a good break!
    Wabo hope all goes through ok sounds good! 
    LMH did you get a bike ride?
    Short stroll in woods before long journey...also a stroll in Aberdeen park before going on to the boat. 
    Mixed feeling about travel...good to be going home in better shape than I thought less good having to return in 3 months and hard not to be able to give my daughter a hug!
    Another lovely day and evening but confined to cabin after we've eaten.
  • Oops didn't mean to post that twice! Yesterday's three brethren walk.
  • HazelnutCHHazelnutCH ✭✭✭
    edited September 2020
    Evening

Sounds like a lovely outing in the forest Wabo, and good miles for JOG. Good news on the bungalow too.

Ouch to the hip LMH. Hope it doesn't wake you up tonight as well.

Mixed news regarding house and jacket Ale. Wind always seems to turn when needed the least.

Ideal day Dustin, enjoy your break.

Travel well Els and OH, shame you are confined to the cabin on the boat. Hope all goes well with the wedding being only a few days away now.

Not good news your side hurts again OH.

Thanks for the pic Els. I live not far from Berne. 

Nice scenery / weather indeed Chicksta, enjoy also and forget about work for a couple of days.

Has emzap finished the challenge now?

What: 11.8 k including 6 x molehill sprints and 8 x strides. I think at least, might have miscounted
    Why: strength and form
    Last relieved: rent contract signed, moving as of 1.12.
    Last hard 1: starting to sort out a lot of "stuff", amazing what you collect over time, only 4 years since the last move.
    Last hard 2: currently no hot water and I hate cold showers. Control unit on the boiler blew a fuse - fixed - but boiler won't run until tonight.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sorry for being AWOL. Poorly baby then away. Now we are all cream crackered. Challenge finished on Monday. Will post stats tomorrow. Struggling to keep on top of everything at the moment, Lucas hasn't napped at all this week until this afternoon!

Have read back but too tired to comment on all now, will do tomorrow as well!