Saturday 3rd October 2020 - Always in time, but never in line for dreams

emzapemzap ✭✭✭
Morning

Lyrics 
Always in time, but never in line for dreams

Meant to post last 2 days but been manic here.

Thursday did core and legs
Yesterday meant to do yoga but forgot

Will try a run of some sort today

Lmh doesn't sound good. Hope you manage a few days away and can recharge a little

Dustin that's so annoying for you all. Hope you and daughter are all ok. Stairs for hillwork?

Els and oh hope today go well. Sorry it's not what they were hoping for but a big party to look forwards to will hopefully help.

First week back at work and Lucas at nursery seemed to go well. 

Have a good day all

Comments

• Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Walking Back To Happiness by Helen Shapiro.

Hope your weather is better than ours and a great day is had by all Els and OH.

I had another rough night - woke up in the early hours with a sinus headache that paracetamol didn't shift. I could really do without that tomorrow. Heavy rain overnight and forecast for most of today too oh and tomorrow is forecast to be wet - it all just gets better :-(

Lola is back at the vets this morning - staples should come out all being well. I had to redress the wound on her leg as the vet's came off, still quite a large open wound so I'm expecting another dressing on that which will mean another vets appointment next week.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: unsure, although am sure

Why: flu jab at 9:15 so am sure that I will run to the surgery and back via picking up the papers; unsure as don't yet know what other running I will do today, not least due to the very wet weather which is only supposed to get worse. Will be wearing my OMM jacket for the first run now that it has been repaired! Have been missing it and will be useful for waiting outside the surgery!

Emz: glad the first week of work and nursery went well! After four mornings working at a school I have now picked up a cold, I think, not having had one for ages. Hopefully comes to nothing. 

LMH: know anything about the Leicestershire 10k, not least the course/surface? Thanks!

Saw some lovely wedding photos from yesterday: bright weather and happy people! Hopefully some will get posted on here! 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yes, my comment should have been in the past tense.

The one at Prestwold Alehouse?
  • Morning again!

First run done and dusted: ran to surgery, no waiting, in and out in two minutes. Painless in more ways than one. Very wet though. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Lola update - she has had her staples removed (the vet nurse said 'isn't she brave' which I assume means she didn't let loose with the greyhound scream of death) and we are leaving the wound on her leg open now and hoping it will continue to heal with just a bit of TLC from me.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    should have got yesterdays lyrics as she is a Hackney girl like me!
    Todays lyrics yes
    LMH glad it went well for lola. Hope your head has eased, that is not nice! It is messy out t here and I wished I had an OMM jacket, I should have got one when it was recommended
    Alehouse well done on the first run and good there was no waiting after getting wet!! AHa you mention the OMM
    Oh wedding photos yes please..
    emzap glad the first week back has gone well

what: 1.84 run to meet friends, by which tome I was soaked, 3.13 pacier run with them (two pb segments) then coffee, then walk 1.19 home
    why: planned, by the time I got home I just wanted to get under the shower and that even luke warm stung like mad!!
    last hard: this morning
    last rest: 31/12/16

I can tell you now that my son and dil got court approval on a settlement for giselle yesterday.  It is such a relief, we had to be in the court via teams and my legs were shaking so bad with fear the judge would say no!! The judge and defence were full of praise for son and dil and the care they give. Hope they can move on and get the bungalow now. It is done and dusted thank goodness.
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Well done Giselle's team! And glad  your soaking is out of the way, Wabo! I've got mine to come yet! Went to the supermarket and was going to run straight after...but didn't. Wasn't going to set off in bouncing rain, although may have to later.
  • Great news about Giselle's case Wabo. I had a look today but couldn't find the OMM jackets cheap anywhere - I was considering getting a spare.

We are forecast it all day Alehouse :-(
  • Afternoon! Or evening. 

Yes, we are also forecast rain all day, LMH...and all day tomorrow...and all day Monday. Haven't looked at Tuesday yet...

Good progress, Lola!

What: another half an hour in the bank

Why: obviously wanted to get even wetter than this morning.
  • Localised flooding here already - I may be route planning on the hoof tomorrow.
  • I meant to ask if you had a route planned, LMH. Lots of paddling on my afternoon run.
  • No. I had a couple in mind but one is a definite no given the rain we've had and another may well be flooded when I get there. Fortunately I know all of my running routes so well that making up the route to get the miles as I go won't be an issue. Only problem may be with organising support - Mark offered to come out with me on his bike but he'll be bored witless and cold if he comes out from the start and I'd rather not come home and waste any time so my plan was to tell him approximately whereabouts I intended to be after an hour or so but i may have do that with a 'and if I'm not there come and look for me here'.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Wabo - good news about Giselle
    LMH - sounds positive about Lola, hope tomorrow goes well
    Emz - did you get out? Stay dry?!!
    Ale - well done on the run-jab duathlon

What - 45 minutes S&C, you can tell its been a while...
    Why - nose pressed against windows
    last rest - yesterday
    last hard - hmm yes

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Got out for a walk but not a run. Feeling ok but just a bit too grotty to get cold and wet.

Hopefully tomorrow will be feeling better and able to go out.

Dustin, stairs for hills?
  • Evening
    Hope all went well at the wedding and another yes please to a pic or two.
    Good news Lucas is settling in well at the nursery emzap. Would enjoy a few days without running pressures after you completed your challenge.
    Sympathies Dustin.
    Glad that Lola is ok LMH. Good luck for tomorrow and that the logistics will work out ok. Weather does sound like get it over and done with unfortunately. I have an inov8 jacket I got to replace my OMM (which I left on a train). Happy with it so far.
    Did the jacket keep you dry post repairs Ale? Quick visit to the docs.
    Great news regarding Giselle Wabo.
    What: 11.4 undulating miles this afternoon
    Why: this weeks longer run
    Last hard: planning what to put where in the new flat, measured up rooms today
    Last rest: 30.03
    Lyrics: no
  • chamolkchamolk ✭✭✭
    Evening everyone. 

Finally getting round to posting again - work got very busy for a few weeks, then the boys all had viral stuff this week, leading to two of them getting swabbed again. All negative, and wheezing /coughing easing off.

No running earlier in the week, 4 miles yesterday, 5k today. Hoping to get out tomorrow too - my virtual half is this month, so need to up the long runs a bit.

Hope everyone is well and the rain isn't too bad. Sorry to hear about Lola LMH, hope she's on the mend from whatever happened (haven't caught up at all on the last week or two)

Lyrics no