Sunday 4th October 2020 - I look into the window of my mind

Morning.

Lyrics - I look into the window of my mind

Reflections of the fears I know I've left behind

Apologies for the cheesy lyrics.

Good to hear that all is ok chamolk - you've been missed.

I hope you don't go too stir crazy Dustin - it will be gardening and DIY projects next if you're not careful!

The flat is confirmed then Hazel? Good news.

Still no idea where I'm going to find to run let alone how my knee will be but I'm determined to get it done. I've raised £550 for the Alzheimer's Society, not a fortune but it's something and much needed especially at the moment.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Hope all goes well, LMH, not least the knee and finding a decent course!

Glad that all sounds good on the flat front, Hazel!

What: something later

Why: probably watch some sport this morning and over lunchtime. 

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Hope you find a route and that the weather isn't too terrible, LMH.

Good to see you,  chamolk.

That's fab news on the court case, Wabo.

Hope you can fit your furniture into the new place, Hazel.

Oh dear, Dustin. Must be hard.

Waiting for my bread to be ready, then going for a walk.
  • Weather much better than forecast, a bit of drizzle and windy in places but I've run in much worse. Unsupported for 23 miles (we had a fool proof plan but the fool didn't follow it :-) so 1 gel, 3 mouthfuls of water  and 26.22 miles in 3.26.37.
  • Nice, LMH! Well done!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Amazing, LMH. Very well done. My 3 friends did 4:14, 4:02 and 3:14 respectively. Happy days for all of them.
  • Afternoon
    Super LMH, so pleased you ran it and by the sounds of it in bearable conditions. That isn't much fuelling / hydration. Well done on the fund raising as well - please drop me a PM if I can add a bit on. Certainly a good cause having had sufferers in the family.
    Ooo -fresh bread Chicksta - would wait for it to cool enough to cut pre walk.. Hope that was a nice one. Great mara times by your friends.
    Good to see you chamolk.
    Have a nice post armchair sport outing Ale.

What: recovery later, cycling mara d&d - slower than the elite ran in London. (Quite breezy though)
    Why: legs not in the mood for the planned hills session - will do that tomorrow instead
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics:no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

Yesterday's lyrics were True Spandeau Ballet
    Today's are familiar, but I'm not sure

What: 5km
    Why: still feeling pretty grotty but wanted to get out.  Thought of you Dustin for my motivation
    Last hard: we are not having an easy time at the mo

LMH well done!  I loved your fool proof plan!
    Chick mmmm bread
    Hazel glad you've found somewhere. 
    Wabo great news!

Got a few hours to myself as Lucas has gone swimming and only one of us is allowed to go with him.  

How's the isolation Dustin?
    Chamolk hi!

Have a lovely evening all
  • Sorry to hear that you're still struggling emzap - is it because Lucas isn't sleeping?

That's very kind Hazel - thank you. The plan was for Mark to come and meet me on his bike and we had a carefully thought through plan so that he couldn't miss me only he decided to go freestyle.
  • Afternoon!

What: MLR

Why: inspired by LMH! If LMH can run 42k surely I could manage a quarter of that, which I did to bring up another 50k week. 

Today's run shows how little fuel is needed, LMH! Well done again!

Good cross training, Hazel! I note your last rest. Just looked mine up and it was 15/10/19...

Hope the 5k went well, Emz! Hope Lucas sleeps well after his swim!

Good to see you Chamolk
  • I don't usually fuel for 20 mile training runs Alehouse and I suppose this was only run at that sort of effort level but I was feeling rather hungry by the end despite a bigger than usual breakfast.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LMH - well done, thats a great time after all your recent struggles
    Chamolk - nice to see you pop in
    Ale - nice mileage!

what - 1h S&C plus watching the elite and eating way too many biscuits
    why - VLM
    last rest - last 3 from running
    last hard - today 
    Plenty of pals run marathons today, PBs galore , a few sub 3s and some debuts too.

• On the boat
    Fortunately the wedding was on Friday.
    Saturday was dreich
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Great photos, especially the special guests!! Which tartan are you wearing?
  • Lovely pics OH thanks!
    Bride looks beautiful in her dress and I love your tartan too. Lucky with the weather.
    Nice streak you have running too Ale.
    Another round of S&C to compensate for the biscuits Dustin? How many days of imprisonment have you got left?
    Thanks for the PM LMH will deal with it once I turn the PC on.
    Hope you got a bit of rest in as well in the time alone emzap but it is a shame you can't both attend the swimming.
    Just 4 miles for me today but needed a bit of a cutback week it seems.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Lmh yup not sleeping and not napping. He slept on our holiday but apart from that he just hasn't. To be fair, he does sleep, it's just I struggle on less than 8-9 hours and we have about 3-4 at a time. I think we are all just exhausted. Plus we all have colds from nursery!