Tuesday 6th Oct - drive boy dog boy

Lyrics - Drive boy, dog boy, dirty numb angel boy

Yesterday's lyrics were Unknown Legend by Neil Young

Lovely wedding pics, the cake looked good too. 

Great marathon LMH, hope Lola is better soon

Busy night at work so far, I'll post again shortly

Comments

• Morning.

I definitely know these lyrics chamolk. Are you CV19 related busy or generally busy?

chicksta - good to hear that the injections have helped already, hopefully things will settle even more.

Hazel - my physio would agree with you - after five days of rest she thinks that I should build up slowly and only be running up to ten miles after fifteen days. Resting won't make my knee better though.

Sorry to hear that the situation seems to be deteriorating again Els - so pleased you were able to get to the wedding.

Not particularly looking forward to having a needle stuck in my knee and not convinced a smaller dose will be enough to settle it but it's worth a try.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Chick glad you feel some better movement already
    Lmh ouch needle in knee
    Els if only it wasn't a virtual visit! 
    Chamolk you're getting a streak on starting the daily thread 👍🏼
    What I really don't know, I will run of course
    Why being at home so long gives me too much choice
    Last hard yesterday
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

What: hopefully some yoga
    Why: will do it once Lucas home from nursery so depends if he lets me!
    Last hard: those intervals last night
    Lyrics: nope

Lmh hope the steroids help.
    Chamolk keep the lyric streak going!

Have a lovely day all
  • Morning!
    Situation here in Orkney is still good but huge increase in cases in Lothian and Greater Glasgow and from what i could gather from listening to FM yesterday they will probably need further stringent measures to control this and only a matter of time until other areas are in same situation. 
    Ran with scapa loop group last night but really I prefer to run earleir in day, stresses me getting in, sorting dinner and other things back of 6 pm.
    Must do more yoga Emz, beginning to miss it in real life now as opposed to online.
    Wabo - indeed, kinda thinking of the challenge but not sure if you need strava to upload your distances and cant be bothered to aquire that! Getting close to us!
    Baking a carrot cake for friend's birthday last Sun, scones and soup and now the sun is peeping out after early rain, maybe a run when cooking done!
    Is today knee injection day LMH? If so hope it helps.
    Have a good day all.
  • It Els - thank you. I'm contemplating a carrot cake for my next bake. Sounds like a very productive day already. I don't like leaving my run until the evening either.

emzap - I think I'd be inclined to do the yoga whilst Lucas is at nursery.

Apart from my knee my legs feel more or less back to normal today - shame I can't go out for a recovery run.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    Els - carrot cake, sounds like a good idea!
    LMH - ouchie to needles in knees, hope it goes (went) ok
    Tidy sessions Emz & Hazel
    Chick - sounds positive. I must have missed it, where you off to?
    6 days to go in isolation. Still no symptoms
    No Ale today?

What - some more S&C
    Why - My regime this week
    last rest - no running week
    last hard - resisting going out at 5am this morning when it was stunningly clear skies

• Afternoon!

Lyrics: no

Hope the injection helps, LMH

And hoe yours continue to do their magic, Chick!

Decent session yesterday, Emz!

Els: I much prefer getting runs done and dusted, although working 4 mornings only at present means a decent opportunity to run early afternoon. Am not looking forward to runs in the dark. Hopefully will be able to keep those to a minimum.

What: yesterday and today were both extremely wet runs.

Why: yesterday took the car to the garage then walked about for a couple of hours in the rain (no waiting facility at the garage at present although did shelter in a garden centre for a while). Was soaked before I started running , so only paddled for 20 minutes. Today I thought that I had got away with it but ten minutes in the heavens opened. Just over 40 minutes paddled and plodded. 

Have decided not to go to the fitness suite for the foreseeable as it is right in the middle of the uni accommodation, as Dustin will know. Too risky; however I have managed to book a session for this evening at a hospital gym instead. Trust daughter number two is coping well, Dustin...and that you are also.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Sadly Lucas is only at nursery for 7 hours and I need to work 7.5 a day and easier to work whilst he's there than do yoga whilst he's there!

Mmm mmm cake!

We now have highest covid numbers in worcestershire so I'm expecting a lockdown soon sadly.
  • I think they are going to have to do something nationally the way things are going emzap.

Sounds sensible if no doubt annoying Alehouse.

I would have been very tempted too Dustin and I’m not sure I’d have resisted.

GP did the jab this morning with instructions to go back to him in six weeks if my knee is not better at which time he’ll want to get an MRI and probably refer me back to the orthopod with a view to getting on the waiting list for a new knee. Physio has advised five days of nothing more than glute exercises and necessary walking. GP was also keen to reiterate that the jab made me potentially more vulnerable to catching CV19 for a couple of weeks at least. Good job I don’t go anywhere or do anything anyway - though it’s not a great way to live.
  • Chamolk: Yeeees to lyrics :)  Love 'em.

Oh dear, em. Sorry to hear that - both the numbers on the rise and the Lucas conundrum. It's so hard to be a working mum...

Understand your feelings about the fitness suite, ale. I wouldn't brave the gym if it didn't feel safe. 

Dustin: Off to Bavaria for our annual mountain fix.

Hope your injection works, LMH

No miracle cure overnight here but I'd say yesterday's injections reduced the pain by about 50% so I can live with that. I'll probably need another round when we are back which might be challenging as I'm supposed to be in hospital with for the op on the left foot. Debating whether to postpone it. I think I may have to sort that back out first... 

Went to the gym this morning for some stuff on the elliptical and some back exercises. Movement is good. Back in the office today and I finally applied for a standing desk. Should have done that ages ago. Could have spared me this relapse. But I struggle to concentrate on my work when I'm not plonked down. This is a new skill I need to acquire :) 
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

just back from Wales, where we have been celebrating our 30th (Pearl) Anniversary. Managed a couple of walks but was tough esp Pen Y Fan, limited running too.

Good news I got the Job in Bath so very happy at present

Take care all
  • Glad to hear your work situation is sorted RFJ.

No chance of getting them done at the same time chicksta? I always used the standing desks when I could at work - have to make do with the ironing board or a box on the kitchen worktop with my laptop perched on top now :-(
  • Evening

Congratulations on your anniversary RFJ and the new job.
    Standing for long periods can take time to get used to chicksta. Enjoy Bavaria, had been thinking about going for a few days during the last couple of weeks but the weather has been crap for mountain based stuff here further west at least. Hope it improves for you. Difficiult to plan foot and back.
    Fingers crossed the injection will help LMH. How long until you know? New knee sounds quite drastic. Good that you are recovering fast from your mara on Sunday - no Tuesday legs then?
    Well done on your session yesterday emzap and hope you got your yoga in. Fingers crossed there is no lockdown.
    Nice cooking and baking action Els. Not keen on early runs but nice to have the day free once done. 
    Fingrrs and toes crossed that you get no symptoms Dustin so you can get back out there.
    Sensible regarding the fitness suite Ale.

What: group 10.5k
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03

Lyrics: no
  • Rest day
    Side sore
    US scan showed nothing to account for symptoms; awaiting next step.
    Last hard: Scapa Loop group (I was slow)
    Last "rest": Sunday
    Lyrics no

Happy Pearl RFJ and all the best with new job

Enjoy the wunderbar cafe, Chicksta!! LOL