Wednesday 7th October 2020 - There's a boy I know, he's the one I dream of

Morning.

Lyrics - There's a boy I know, he's the one I dream of

Good question Hazel - when I've built the running up and it doesn't hurt I think. I've been told for a long time that I'm going to need new knees at some point. No, legs were better than on Monday which was nice.

Frustrating OH.

If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: sound familiar, so that's no

What: unsure. 

Why: will see how the legs respond after this morning's work. I find it nigh on impossible to teach sitting down and whilst I have been teaching for many a year I haven't taught since March so perhaps it is taking more out of my legs than I had think: they seem permanently tired when running, more so than the volume and intensity would suggest. 

Weather is forecast to stay dry but most routes will still have lots of paddling. 

Back later.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics 100% know them
    Lmh glad your legs felt better. 
    Alehouse I bet it is that that's making your legs tired, makes sense
    What run in forest with mate and dog called Wilson! 
    Why she asked could he come lol
    Last hard last night 8x400 on track, 2.01 and 1.58 fastest
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!
    RFJ - great news on your job, hope it goes well.
    Everyone sounds busy.
    Had a nice 8 miles out to Head of Work and back yesterday before delivering birthday carrot cake. Not much else of note.
    Today going for a walk with a friend this morning then will see.
    Lyrics - nope.
    Still see some sunshine! Have a good day. Hope knee begins to settle LMH. Surprised GP can request MRI though.
    Have a good day, waiting to hear what Nicola is proposing this afternoon.
  • I think it is most likely to be the standing Alehouse.

Nice reps Wabo.

Els - are you working at the minute? GP can request MRI here if certain criteria are met - which I didn’t a few years ago when I was referred to the orthopod instead - but he thinks that because I had the trauma before the latest flare up it will be appropriate if the jab doesn’t work.

Probably the power of positive thinking rather than reality but the walk with Lola this morning was more comfortable. Prescribed physio exercises done and now trying to find a positive way to pass the day.

• Another yes to lyrics. I'm on a roll :)

Congrats on both occasions, RFJ. Wedding anniversary and new job. You deserve some positivity. 

That sounds positive, LMH. Fingers crossed. Knee replacement should be the last possible option. Can you actually run with an artificial joint? 

Great trackwork, wabo

OH: Do they have any clue why you're still in pain? I think we all hoped that the last op should have sorted things. Fingers crossed they find the cause sooner rather than later. 

Ale: I think standing for longer periods takes a lot out of the legs if you're not used to it.

I guess I will stick with the op on October 27. If I cancel now I will probably only get a slot in December or even January (that guy is really busy) which means even more delay for my return to running and tbh I am just not prepared to. I was debating moving the op also for work reasons as it'll mean time off work right after being on hols but I have to think of myself for once. It's just a few days, afterwards I can wfh. 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hi
    RFJ - double celebration, congratulations.
    Wabo - good track work!
    Ale - It's definitely better to be standing than sitting, but I suspect as it's been a while...and thanks , #2 doing OK although not allowed out much / at all.
    Chick - sensible plan re Op

What - more S&C
    Why _ I'm elastic now
    last rest - hmm
    last hard - hmm

In brighter news, rescheduled a week in the Lakes for next Saturday
  • Good news on the rescheduled break Dustin.

Knee replacement is indeed the last resort chicksta. Can you have the injections after your op? Work will cope I'm sure.
  • Afternoon!

Forecast was wrong: rained all morning and still a few spots when I ran this pm. 

What: about 25 minutes warm up off road, 7 x 30 secs uphill, still off road, with 1 minute jog recovery, 10 minutes warm down. 

Why: part 1 of step 8 of my 16 steps of speed work (Have already done part 2: part 1 = shorter reps, part 2 = longer). Would certainly struggle to do 8 x 400, Wabo!

Glad that you are sticking with the original op date, Chick!

Good news re Lakes, Dustin! Wave as you drive by! 

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    I am now on flexible  furlough, last couple of weeks, about 12 hours a week but at home mostly! I am pleased about this tbh.
    RFJ, glad to see happy news for you that  is lovely!
    Alehouse and my last two reps were the fastest! I like track work to be fair.
    Chick makes sense to me to stick with the original

What: 3.4 off road mate and dog done, then jog to MiL for coffee and catch up and same back
    why: need to get to JOG!!
    last hard: the morning run
    last rest: 31/12/16

Done and dusted lol
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    dustin lakes trip sounds lovely!!
  • Dustin...at least something to look forward to at end of your isolation.
    Lazy day walk with friend and outdoor coffee this morning ward hill with Peter this afternoon. Contemplating short loop of scapa before dinner.
  • I thought you were wfh Wabo - didn't realise you'd been furloughed. How do you feel about having to go in? 

Busy day Els!

Glad you missed the worst of it Alehouse - we are forecast a wet day tomorrow but today has been windy but dry and bright.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Lmh at the start I worked from home then I was furloughed but now working from home again, boss is trying really hard to get some of us working. I'm the only one can work from home. I only went in to  collect stationery, file bits etc. I'll probably go in a couple of hours each week. It was good tbh. Nice to see a couple of my work mates but strange too