Thursday 8th October 2020 - Somewhere in the distance

Morning.

Lyrics - Somewhere in the distance

Hidden from view

Ah - a bit of the best of both worlds then Wabo. I bet it was nice to see some different people - though you seem to have managed to stay quite social - I'm feeling very isolated, partly my fault for not having much a social life in the first place :-(

It looks as though the rain has gone through early - it was wet and windy overnight and the Met are now saying that it should dry up sometime this morning, not that it will make a lot of difference to me. Knee was giving me some gyp yesterday afternoon with random shooting pains that caused some Tourette's - had to apologise to my MiL when I was getting back in to the car after delivering her shopping. I'm hoping it's nothing and it's settled down overnight, guess I will find out when I walk Lola. The only thing that I can think of that might have upset it was doing my penguin walks - physio said to resume them yesterday.

Yesterday's lyrics - How Will I Know - Whitney Houston.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning 
    definitely best of both worlds LMH. Yes I have really kept as social as allowed. The beginning was the hardest but then oh wasn't at work either which helped. 
    Lyrics no
    what run in the afternoon I think
    why: getting daughter doing school run then she's doing c25k  on my treaddie
    last hard: yesterday
    last rest: 31/12/16

Have good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

Very wet here but hope that it clears by just after 9...

What: running with M75

Why: not working today. Wherever we go it will be rather damp underfoot, even if it has stopped raining. 

Back later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Similar situation here with the social life LMH.  Glad your knee has settled down overnight.  

Have a nice outing Ale - enjoy the workfree day.  

I just read your daughter wants to run 25k on the TM Wabo... Nice track session yesterday.

Would also get the op over and done with Chicksta.  

Good news you could reschedule your Lakes break Dustin.

What: not sure - maybe some speedwork
    Why: need to be in the right mindset for such
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Thank you for the donation Hazel - very generous and much appreciated.

Is it four mornings a week with Thursday off Alehouse?

Wabo - I'll put money on the fact that you do know the lyrics. Good on you getting your daughter running.

Knee did not feel as comfortable this morning walking Lola as it did yesterday but it also wasn't as bad as before my jab so I will not do the rehab exercises for a day or two and hope it improves.
  • Morning again!

What: about 45 mins with M75

Why: work is indeed currently four mornings a week with Thursday off, so a chance to run with someone else. We largely ran on the roads, which is unusual, but even then there were several sections of paddling!

Dry for the run but has now turned grey. Some cross training in the garden d&d; more to come!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Good that your day off coincides with M75's availability Alehouse.
  • Swim in nice autumnal sun, first swim since before the wedding.
    Now awaiting further scan ...
    Latest Scottish restrictions not likely to make any difference to my plans for this month. Not been in a British pub this year.
    Lyrics no
  • There goes my lyrics streak ... today is a no :)

LMH: Sorry to hear the knee is troublesome again. Totally with you on the pain-induced Tourrettes. I'm the same getting in and out of the car. 

Glad you stayed dry, ale. Absolutely miserable and wet outside. Checked the forecast for our holiday destination and it looks even worse. We're supposed to get either a lot of rain or a lot of rain mixed with snow. Just as well hubby put the winter tyres on last weekend and our car has AWD.

Hope you find some mojo for speedwork, Hazel

Good luck to your daughter for doing c25k, wabo

Wfh today as there's building works going on in the office and the noise is beyond tolerable. They started yesterday and we all decided to stay away today.

Back has improved even further, so the injections are doing their magic. I am now largely pain free. There are certain movements to avoid, especially extending the legs straight. That sends a shooting pain right into my lower back.  So no hamstring stretches for the foreseeable future :)

• Sorry about the sore people, hope it all improves!
    Hate to say it but still sunny though cool here.
    Wabo, north of Inverness is getting close.
    hard work getting up wideford this morning, also soggy and slippery underfoot but a nice run down again! Met friend who lives at the bottom, coffee on her new decking!
    Going to suss out some blackberries found on my walk yesterday, but didn't have anything to put them in!
  • Good to hear that your pain is decreasing chicksta. The Tourette's can be quite embarrassing!

Still pain free swimming OH? I hope that you don't have to wait long for the scan and that it shows something that can be easily sorted.
  • My foot doc just called me to move the op  :D  I guess he must have been reading my mind. It's moved by a week which is totally fine by me. It means I can go on hols and then have an easy week to settle in at work before going under the knife. All good. Going from vacation straight into hospital was a bit ambitious anyway but when I made the original appointment it was either October 27 or sometime mid or end of November.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    ELS I am now approaching Glenmorgan Distillery, may have to stop there!! 104 miles to go!!
    Chick - that is very lucky! Glad for you

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    late post from me
    what - more of the same
    why - groundhog day
    last rest - not run in a week
    last hard - not run in a week
    off to read back but looks like potty mouth LMH is back 😀