Friday 9th October 2020 I was dreamin' of the past

Morning!

Lyrics: I was dreamin' of the past
And my heart was beating fast

What: a run of some sort

Why: legs will decide. Will be rather tired of I don't get some sleep shortly.
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - It's A Mystery by Toyah.

Bad night here too Alehouse. Hope you got some more sleep.

Hang in there Dustin.

We should have been flying to Florida today :-(
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning

LMH did you plan a get away in the end?  Feel like you'd planned something with MiL but not sure if that's now on hold as well due to current case rise.  How's the knee today?

Thought I'd posted Wed and yesterday then realised I didn't...did some squats and lunges Wed and 5km yesterday.  Today will be very gentle as I ache!

OH good to get out swimming.  I don't think I've been in a pub this year either...

Wabo well done for getting so far, don't let the whiskey distract you :tongue:

Chick psychic doctors :joy:

Have a lovely day all
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    LMH - sympathies re Florida, but you have your seaside break soon don't you?
    OH - Must have been good to get back in the sea.
    Wabo - careful with that whisky...
    Hazel - speedwork or no speedwork, that is the question...
    Ale - 4 day week sounds like a plan, I'm tempted to go for that in the next year or so. Management may think otherwise...
    Chick- pleased the injections seem to be doing their thing

What - shorter stretching session
    Why - After a week of this, I'm taking it easier
    Last rest - no running for a week, but S&C every day
    Last hard - chalking off the days. 
    I'm taking Monday off - have about 2 weeks leave on top of the week already booked so may as well rejoice in my release from prison with a loooong run (and a big trip to Tesco - and the brewery & wine merchants...)
    Can't wait
  • That sounds like a great plan Dustin and something to look forward to.

We are taking MiL away for the weekend next weekend if it's still allowed.

Knee was bad overnight so I took painkillers before walking Lola this morning. I don't like to do it but I wanted to enjoy the walk.
  • Swim around wreck this morning.
    I now take paracetamol as I get up  regularly.
    Deciding whether to try a run again ...
    Uncertainties remain hard.
    Lyrics no

Enjoy freedom while it lasts, Dustin
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    afternoon all
    LMH that's a toughie about Florida, you love that trip don't you
    OH the swimming sounds good 
    LMH has to be done sometimes, I have planned to visit my mum next weekend = looks like it may be a day only
    Dustin I was strong, I think I ran straight past!! less than 100 miles to go now...

What 4.4 solitary miles, took me straight past oh's dads care home he was in
    why: I deviated
    last hard: that was  it is a year today we lost him and I was glad I had dark glasses on
    last rest: 31/12/16

Sad day, we will be going to stay with OH's mum later, I am sure she wont want to be alone
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    But I Havent reached glen morangie  distillery yet, I don't think I called it that yesterday lol!
  • I’m glad you’re able to be with your OH’s mum this evening Wabo.

OH - is your pain constant now then? Hope you enjoy the run if you do go.
  • Evening!

Yes, a sad day, Wabo. And lyrics relate to another sad day.

Dustin: four days would be good if you can work it! Probably Monday off to train! Friday off is less good if racing!

What: a short run which is was pedestrian to say the least

Why: tired (didn't get enough sleep. Eating a sandwich at 2:30, a.m.!), legs ached, probably after gardening yesterday pm., the weather (sunshine, rain, rainbow, hail).

A quiet pint in the Griffin shortly...probably the last for a good while with further lockdowns on the cards. There have just been a couple of people in the room we go in for the last few weeks: my mate and I!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Meanwhile we're heading towards the next lockdown 😨 new rules at work say to leave the desk only when absolutely necessary and to wear a 😷 at all times what from when sitting at your desk. Ludicrous 🤷
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    My rest day involved me pushing a baby in a pushchair for about 10km across fields (we were planning on one lap and Lucas and his friend fell asleep so we did about 15!).  Arms ache!
  • Ale..Enjoy your ladt pint!
    Dustin...think you deserve a days running!
    Wabo...thought had never heard of Glenmore snow distillery but I'm no expert!
    Late post as decided to go for running clubs newly reinstated 6pm Friday run. Covid wise split into 3 groups so only 3 of us together...not sure would do it every week at that time
    Long walk with friend and her dog this morning...lazy evening on the cards!
  • chickstachicksta ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Hm, my post was curtailed ...

Hope you enjoy your break, LMH. Shame about Florida.

Sounds good , Dustin.

Sad day, wabo.

Does the paracetamol help, OH?

Hope we can get to and stay in Bavaria. Right now the Federal States are trying to outdo one another with stricter measures... Crazy times. Weather looks like rain, more rain and snow. Nevermind, it'll be nice to see a differentent place for a while
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Chick will they not let you wfh? When I worked in Germany they were really funny about it so wouldn't surprise me if not...
  • Evening

Hope there are some drier days at least Chicksta and you can travel at the end of the day. Hamburg just got put on the quarantine list here. Good your new OP date suits you well.

Speedwork was done yesterday Dustin - 2 sets of 5 x 200mish. Sounds like a good plan for your release.

Fingers crossed for your planned short break LMH. I'm still optimistic that normal travel will be possible sometime again if not soon. Not spent more than 1 night away since January and that one was to visit MIL.

Hmm - Glenmorangie! Contemplates row of bottles.. hmm none currently available. Walked and drove past the distillery in the past.

Tough day Wabo.

Hope the pint was nice Ale. I've often found eating something when I can't sleep helps me to drop off.

Can imagine the arms hurt if it was off road pushing emzap.

Have a nice lazy evening Els.

Did you manage a run OH?

Covid cases are exploding here at the moment, more and more rules  and restrictions and a federal mess too. 

What: hiking during the day / 3 mile recovery this evening
    Why: last day of vacation and decent weather
    Last hard: steep bits of today's hike after yesterday's speedwork
    Last rest 30.03

Lyrics:no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Course I've just realised the lyrics