Saturday 10th October But you don't give me anything and I don't ask you

WaboWabo ✭✭✭
Lyrics -But you don't give me anything and I don't ask you
Just yourself is good enough
Only just come to bed
Really looking forward to run in the morning
What meeting a mate jogging to a park to do 5 k, coffee then jog back to car, 5 miles I reckon
Why faux park run
Last hard yesterday
Last rest 31/12/16
Have a nice Saturday
possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 

Comments

• Morning.

Late night Wabo - hope you get up in time for your run.

Another cold and wet start to the day here and another bad night's sleep. Still getting random pains from the knee :-(

Not long to go Dustin!

Did you manage the Scapa Loop OH?

How are you feeling Els? Do you know when your next procedure will be?

Hope your back is still getting better chicksta.

Thanks for the sponsorship em - much appreciated.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Thinking about a run today.
    Life goes on.
    Lyrics no

Slow Scapa Loop on Monday was last attempt to run.
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no 

Yesterday's were "Jealous Guy", John Lennon, who would have been 80 yesterday. 

What: see what the legs want to do, at some point later

Why: they were tired yesterday. Later because it is pouring. Again. 

Enjoy the 5k, Wabo!

And hope the knee settles, LMH: things are always worse in the night and first thing, aren't they!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • You sound down OH. I hope you are able to run and feel better for it.

Unfortunately my knee is currently mostly unhappy afternoon/evening - probably as I've been walking and sitting at the table rather than with it up.

Hope you get a dry run today.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Morning again!

Yes, hope you enjoy a run, OH!

Yes, sitting won't be good, LMH! Have you been told to elevate as much as possible?

What: a rather damp run of just over an hour on routes that OH and Els  will be familiar with (Fletcher Moss/Burnage parkrun/tram track, in brief!). Felt much better than the last couple of days but HR still elevated slightly for the effort. Have had a slight cold ever since my flu jab, although that of course is probably a coincidence.

Why: MLR (although it may end up being the longest of the week. Took it very steadily as left glute and hamstring are playing up. Unfortunately I seem to have neglected the stretches over the last couple of weeks; I blame you lot for not reminding me to stretch! Am now sitting on a spiky ball.

During my run I realised that yesterday was also the anniversary of my first ever run/race: first year at secondary school, school cross country, and obviously got the taste for it given that I am still running 55 years later!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Slow "run" up Wideford hill this morning, weather now turned dreich.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Afternoon all
    Ale - well done on the MLR  and the runniversary! Just the one pint in the Griffin?
    As for 4 day week, was thinking Wednesday or Thursday as the day off, if it happens.
    OH - good hill running!
    Wabo - enjoy the run

What - Idling & stretching
    Why - biding my time
    last rest - all week
    last hard - all week
    Done some gardening to see what "outside" looks like. Finished off all the admin and garage tidying too - another tip trip needed. 
    In rosier news, the county XC league is taking on the first race of the season (chipped) in November, so 4 weeks to get race fit. I don't think I've be so excited over a race before....
    Waved starts, Men's race will be shorter than the 10k and results will be (naturally) on chip times. 
    It's a great course and normally sodden so best I dust off the spikes...
    I'll not have to "team manage" so will be there in full race mode. 
    Can't wait.
  • Meant to report back from The Griffin, Dustin. Double the numbers in "our" room, i.e. four people, not just the two of us! Socially distanced of course. Just the two quick pints.

Sounds promising re xc... hope you are not disappointed! Nothing happening xc league-wise up here, from what I understand.
  • Good news Dustin.

You've done better than me OH. Mind you I'm not sure I could run up Wideford Hill when fit.

Have you stretched Alehouse?
  • As we speak, LMH! Actually am reading about stretching as well: M75 lent me a book, Pilates for Runners by Harri Angell. Excellent and will be on my Christmas list...if I can wait that long. 
  • Dreich today! 
    Almost there Dustin, sound like you were more procuctive than me in isolation though I did start knitting another Aran jersey. Still incomplete!
    Jaunt to South Ron and an East coast walk for me this morning, stunning scenery and nice to be able to drive. Home thoroughly soaked, dried out, some knitting and then out for a 3 mile loop, wet again, hey ho staying home now!
    On the Black isle now Wabo?
    LMH - knee still uncooperative?
    Feel fine physicallly LMH - just worried about this thing bleeding again and get more anxious at night for no good reason. And easy bruising with the anti platelets!
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I was up in time lmh, did 5.5 miles Inc a 5 in the middle. With two others then we had coffee. It was lovely. 
    Dustin get it completely re race excitement
    Alehouse nice running and good stretching

Off to mil's again. Fancied a night in but needs must
    Running with Sacha tomorrow, my buddy. I'm doing 6 she'll try, or do 5 or do 3!!  How she feels lol
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Good that you can drive again Els and not surprising about the anxiety. Knee not happy but better than yesterday. I've re-read my physio's email and I'm not actually supposed to try my first run tomorrow but Monday so I shall see how it feels then.

Well done Wabo - hope you enjoy tomorrow's run too.

Excellent Alehouse.
  • Greetings from cloudy Bavaria. At least it was dry when we got here. Rain en route was intermittent so all good.

My back coped really well,  much better than I thought it would. And funnily I didn't have the usual 'too much time in car' hip pain. So I guess that was nerve pain caused by my crocked back which seems to have been fixed post injection 👍

Em: We can wfh if we want to but at of us prefer to come to the office. It's a more  sociable environment.

Els: your anxiety is totally understandable and at night thoughts are running wild.

Wow, a race  Dustin. Exciting!!

Hazel: heard that about Hamburg. Had we gut to Bavaria before they put another ban out :)

Went for a walk as we got here. Now full of pasta and on the red. Cheers 🍷🍷🍷
  • Evening..

Phew - glad you got to Bavaria Chicksta and the back coped ok with the driving.  Wine?  No Bavarian beer?!!  Enjoy!

Nice pic Els - wouldn't get too close to that edge.  Knitting a pullover sounds like a big project - still haven't finished my socks yet.  Think there are plenty of things to be worried about at nights at the moment.  Good you can drive again.

Wish the creaky bits would get going better in the morning Ale and LMH.  Agree with sitting is not good for knee joints.. 

Good memory Ale - first ever race (other than egg and spoon race, sack race and short sprints at primary school) was also a first year XC at secondary school (about 36 years ago - loved it).  Think my mum has an ancient pair of spikes stuffed in a cubbyhole somewhere - from a later year though.

Glad you have things to keep you busy with Dustin.  Good you have XC to look forward to.  Is it last year's mud you need to dust off the spikes still?  

Good you managed a "run" OH.  Being a curious person I just looked up Wideford Hill and read about the cairns.

Great mileage for LEJOG Wabo.  

What: 9 miles at what was supposed to be 5:25/km pace but came out more like 5:14/km
    Why: errm - went along with if the legs are starting to complain about the previous day's hike speed up..  Will regret that tomorrow
    Last rest 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Evening

What: 10 km this morning then a walk to the park (5 min away!) then a walk to town (25 min away).
    Why: now challenge is over, back to long runs
    Last hard: that run was amazing. Slow, but I felt so good throughout.  No hard going on at the mo!
    Lyrics: nope

Yes lots to worry about at the mo Els without your problems on top.  Hope you're ok.  LMH and Chick too and all others who have added pressures at the moment.

Dustin for some reason I was thinking of you today, oh yes, that's right, we are cake testing for someone in our running club who's setting up a cake business :)  Ginger cake, it's delicious.

Visit from my Dad today.  Probably the last time for a while.  It's such a shame, Lucas is totally besotted by him.

Have a lovely evening all.
  • All sounds good, Emz! Bet your dad is besotted with Lucas, also!

And slow down, Hazel! The only athletics I remember from primary school was the wheelbarrow race! A friend and I won it four years in a row. Think things have gone downhill since those heady days!
  • Were you the barrow or the pusher, AH?
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    In the wheelbarrow race you swap halfway. We were evenly matched in height and weight...and used to practice. One of the few things that I remember from primary school!