Sunday 11th October 2020 - Time has come to say goodbye

Morning.

Lyrics - Time has come to say goodbye

I know it's gonna make you cry

Good that the car journey didn't aggravate your hip chicksta. Hope you have a lovely break whatever the weather throws at you.

Nice to have speedy legs Hazel.

I'd like a friend who wants me to taste test their cake emzap - though the scales are not my friend at the moment. Sounds like a busy day yesterday, great that you are enjoying your running. I hope that it isn't too long until your dad can visit again.

My sleep is getting worse, had to take painkillers for a headache in the small hours and both knees were giving my gyp. It's got to be anxiety related even though I'm not overtly worried about anything. Had to check the CV19 case numbers for MiL yesterday afternoon as she was a bit worried that we were going to Yorkshire but the cases in the area we are heading to are only 2 per 100,000 higher than here. Despite initially protesting that her two nights away with BiL were 'a great break' and would 'see her through to the spring' she seems very keen to go away with us. I guess she was probably just trying to defend him and nSiL.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

I never sleep well when I am not running, LMH. Not that I sleep very well anyway. 

What: will see what the legs decide when they get going

Why: left hamstring and glute were niggly yesterday.

Bright, sunny, cold. 

Hope you have a good break, Chick.

Lyrics: no
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Swim so far.
    Nice rainbows this morning.
    May run after lunch
    Lyrics no
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Yesterday's lyrics Mari Wilson and just what I've always wanted
    Today's are familiar
    Oh enjoy your run if you do
    Alehouse hope the legs eased up
    Lmh I hope it's a good break for you all, sorry to hear about pain in the night :-(

What mate blew me out again so 6 hilly muddy part with oh on his bike
    Why need to always make a different plan I think
    Last hard that was but it was lovely too
    Last rest 31/12/16
    Have a good Sunday all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Afternoon!

Sounds pleasant, Wabo! And no rainbows here, OH! Bright, sunny, cold although warm enough to take one of my long sleeved tops off part way through my run.

What: 66 minutes, largely off road

Why: legs co-operated. Will have an easy day tomorrow though. Did more than I expected due to the weather. Brings up just under 49k for the week. Tempted to put my kit on later and take it over the 50!

PS: run preceded by some stretches. And more sitting on a spiky ball.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Afternoon as well

Would be glad to offer my services as a cake tester as well emzap.  Ginger?  Yumm!  Tough for your dad and Lucas (and everyone really).

Wheelbarrow race must have been fun Ale.  I liked the sack race - rather than hop, stick your feet in the corners and run!  Pairwise I think we also did a few 3-legged races. We also played netball but I was always crap at ballsports regardless of the size of the ball involved.

Might be generally high levels of anxiety over the last months LMH?  Hope the painkillers kicked in fast at least.  

Nice rainbow spotting OH.  Hope you got a run in as well.

Hilly and muddy sounds good Wabo.  

Good your legs cooperated Ale.  You could run 51k next week and take an average across the two weeks.  You are right about slow down - I need to save my beans for the hard runs.

What: HM distance
    Why: this week's long run
    Last hard: the hill back home - as expected the legs were tired after yesterday's overenthusiasm so I dumped the idea of steady out and return hard for steady and run the hill hard (last 2 miles)
    Lyrics: standard no
  • Clever trick,  Hazel 😊
    No beer. It's about 8 degrees out there 🥶 somehow I only like beer on hot days. Tis red wine season for me.
    Pacy run yesterday 👍

Sorry to hear that, LMH. I hope that a walk by the sea helps your headache.

Impressive wheelbarrowing skills, ale.

I was shit at school sports. The only thing I dod ok at was the long jump. Easy if you're a bit of a bean pole ;)

Nice your other half accompanied you, wabo.

I slept for 11 hours!!! That's a PB. So relieved as I don't think I got more than 2 hours a night in the preceding weeks. Hubby calls it total exhaustion. He's probably right.

Long walk in the rain after breakfast and now we're having coffee and Lebkuchen. It's certainly cold enough with a slight covering of snow on the peaks. They're mostly hiding in the clouds though.
  • Looks lovely chick hope you enjoy your hols and lots more long sleeps!
    Hazel...Sadly long time since I did HM distance   so much for being an ultra runner!
    Emz...shame to miss out on grandpa time!
    Wabo you are so good at running daily...I am trying this week and find it a  struggle!
    Lots of rainbows on my run this afternoon...Lots of showers too. Should have got out earlier but had lazy morning made soup and easy fruitcake and walked to the beach while it was sunny.
    Dustin...nearly there...I'll send some virtual fruitcake to keep you going!
  • Afternoon again, 

Nice pics, Chick...and hope it both warms up and stays dry!

Doesn't sound too lazy to me, Els!

Hazel, decent training: a big weekend! Have managed to exceed 50k for 17 out of the last 21 weeks, which I have to be happy with! 

A couple of hours in the garden digging and planting bulbs. Not sure that they were the best things for my hamstrings!
  • Last minute decision to enter XC series. Was last but completed course without event. Average HR 156 so probably couldn't have done any better given current level of fitness. Two of the regular fast guys moved into veteran class this year so no hope of podium finish LOL.
  • An Other HalfAn Other Half ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

This morning and this afternoon
  • I'm not by the sea chicksta - weekend away is next weekend. Always red wine season for me :-) Good that you were able to catch up on some sleep. Looks beautiful.

Hazel - nice miles this weekend and a sensible decision about the effort level. I haven't slept well for a long time but yes I think you are correct and the current high levels of anxiety are contributing. I think I'm probably grinding my teeth in my sleep - I have a history of doing so when stressed.

Good on you for racing OH. I hope it didn't exacerbate your pain too much. Love the rainbow.

I made a mincemeat loaf this morning Els - and had soup from the freezer for lunch but no run so you are ahead of me.

Pretend London Marathon medal and t-shirt arrived this afternoon.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Ooh nice rainbow pic
    Hazel great running if the legs were tired! 
    Els but you do so much other stuff and I don't, I'm  a lazy bum apart from running 🤣
    Seen my son's sprogs today - adorable
    Chick what a pb!! 
    Nice running alehouse
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can