Tuesday 13th October 2020 You may say I'm a dreamer

Morning!

Lyrics: You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

Lyrics are unusually taken from the middle!

What: possible my hill speed session

Why: see how I feel during the warm up

Weather forecast is grim for this pm when I will be running. Hope it is wrong. 

Not sure how long I will work for, LMH! Yet to be discussed!
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    Morning
    Lyrics yes for a change
    Lmh it is tough on your mil I bet. Hopefully the letter explains more. Glad Lola is on the mend
    Poppy lovely to see you checking in
    Dustin yep that run yesterday was a special one
    Oh you make me laugh about the father of the bride speech! 

What track this evening, will get a mile done during day
    Why track didn't allow for a non stop mile to keep streak going so I did mile cool  down last week
    Last hard yesterday am
    Last rest 31/12/16

Lejog has about 78 to go.   
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • Little M.iss HappyLittle M.iss Happy ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Morning.

Yesterday's lyrics - Desire by U2.

Cold but dry, bright and still here - would be ideal for a run if it were about 20C warmer!

Would you like the work to continue Alehouse?

How about a mile warm up when you get to the track Wabo?

I'm still reluctant to try a run - it's only now I'm walking more or less pain free that I've realised quite how bad it was and how much I don't want to go back to it. I need to try though and see what the reaction is and physio says that should be today or tomorrow.

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

What 4.2 miles
    Why: Treading carefully
    Last hard: Constantly being ill
    Lyrics: Oh YES

Very early run by torch light  so slow a little scary on cycle track but started to get light half way through.
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Morning

Good to see you back WP.

A session of some sorts might distract you from the bad weather Ale.  Do you have a hill to run on where you can avoid having rain / wind straight in your face?

Good news on Lola LMH.  I would be tempted to get the trial run over and done with rather than wait another day.  Or is there a chance that things will improve more by tomorrow? Difficult for your MIL.

Relieved you are back out and about Dustin.

Glad you have nice walking opportunities as an alternative to mountain walking Chicksta.  Snowline down low again here - can't currently check as thick fog outside.

What: Tuesday group
    Why: Tuesday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: Yes!  (now where is that party hat thingy?)
  • Hazel - physio said to wait a day or two and see if it improved so I'm torn between going today so I have longer to recover for the weekend if it does upset it and waiting another day and hoping it will be less likely to upset it. Oh for a crystal ball eh? Enjoy your group run.

Hope you have an illness free time to look forward to now Poppy.
  • Swim done already, probably run after lunch.
    Last night's Scapa loop group was my first time to push pace over 10 minute miles for a while. Nothing special by most folk here but a significant step forward for me and indication that previous day's xc did no harm, hopefully.
    Lyrics yes
  • There's always going to be someone faster and slower OH - the important thing is that you had a good run, even more so as it was the day after your first xc of the season.

I ran. Nearly stopped in the first 200m as had the familiar pain across the joint line but decided to persevere and do as my physio had said. It did settle though I felt as though I was running quite awkwardly but that could have been because I haven't run since Sunday, my legs don't seem to appreciate rest. Will know when I walk Lola in the morning whether it's set me back or not I guess.
  • Good news, LMH. Now firmly crossing my fingers 🤞🤞🤞
    And good to hear Lola is ok.

There are some lovely runnable trails here and I'm a bit sad I can't make use of them. Well,  first world problems and of course there's always next year :smile:

Things are looking up, OH. Well done.

Poppy: you're brave to run in the dark. I'm a wimp. If there are no street lights I wouldn't run. I rather run the same 2k stretch up and down countless times ;)

Enjoy the group run, Hazel.

3.5 hours walked. There was a torrential downpour halfway through but otherwise it was dry. Still cold (6 degrees). Seems winter is a bit early this year 🐧☃️❄
  • Afternoon!

We are naturally all very apprehensive after an injury, LMH, and wondering if we have done the right thing, or favouring the other leg etc. Will you lay off now until the weekend in any case? And happy for the work to continue at present, LMH

All seems to be heading in the right direction, OH!

This morning was chilly but dry and when I was outside at 11 at work there were bright blue skies; by quarter past eleven, and  out of the blue (although it was grey by then), there was heavy rain, which of course persisted during my run an hour or so ago. Not raining now, of course! Hope it isn't for your holiday, Chick!

What: 25 minutes warm up off road, 8 x 30 seconds up a sheltered hill (as per Hazel's suggestion) with one minute recovery, 15 minutes warm down.

Why: part 1, step 9 of my 16 step speedwork plan. And it felt hard, perhaps harder than it should. 

Going well on LEJOG, Wabo!

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Physio says no run tomorrow Alehouse and if I'm ok the day after that I can add a mile. No run Friday but I can then run Saturday and Sunday but not Monday - I shall see how things go though as obviously I'd like to run the three mornings that I'll be by the sea though if the weather is foul I may not feel the same. I hope that they continue to need you in that case, it was for four weeks initially wasn't it?

chicksta - whilst I appreciate how you feel not being able to run the trails having had ten weeks or so of walking being painful I can't tell you how good it feels to now be able to walk more or less pain free so try to enjoy what you can do (and it sounds as though you are). I didn't go out for my run until 1030hrs and it was still only 'feels like' 4C here.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    LMH, glad you could run
    Track was great, 1 mile warm up, 3x 400, 3x 800 and 3 x400. Final 400 my quickest for some time, 1.52. I loved it
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can