Wednesday 14th October 2020 - My eyes have seen the glory of the sacred wunderkind

Morning.

Lyrics - My eyes have seen the glory of the sacred wunderkind

Glad you enjoyed it Wabo and nice to be faster than expected.

What:             nothing
Why:              following physio's programme
Last hard:      not running for so long
Last rest:       12/10
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning!

Lyrics: I know who, but not the title

Yesterday's lyrics were Imagine, John Lennon

What: easy run this pm

Why: ran hard yesterday plus an hour of stretches

Should stay dry, hopefully.

Decent session yesterday, Wabo!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Great track work Wabo.

Sounds like progress OH. 

Glad you found an appropriate hill yesterday Ale.  Fingers crossed you stay dry today.

How is the knee today LMH?  Good news it settled down after the first metres yesterday.

Nice walking Chicksta, probably will be back to 20 degrees in December.

What: probably some speedwork - 800s or ks (5-6)
    Why: probably as twisted my ankle yesterday evening - hurt quite a lot at the time but seems ok today.  Windy as well but I have one of those R things on Saturday so shouldn't postpone to tomorrow or later
    Last hard: ankle ouchy - just avoided another fall.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: familiar.
  • Not so good today - was sore after hill.yesterday.
    May give running a rest today
    Lyrics - didn't know that one; arguably not one of their best.
  • A race Hazel? Tell us more. Hope your ankle isn't anything to worry about.

Hope  you get a dry run in today Alehouse.

Sorry to hear that your run made you sore OH.

My knee is not as comfortable as it was yesterday morning but nor is it painful. I shall see how it is after tomorrow morning's walk before deciding whether to try another run or give it an extra day. Don't want to keep bothering my physio with these micro decisions.
  • Morning,

What 4.2 miles
    Why: Because
    Last hard: seeing HR spike again this morning.
    Lyrics: No

Easy run due to spike just to play it safe.
    Our local race is virtual and encouraging us to promote it as all money raised goes to local good causes.For £15 a tee shirt and coaster which is slate.

https://www.richardburton10k.co.uk/2020-virtual-runs
    ALF: Always a little further
    Miles makes smiles.
    Progression
  • Afternoon, a fine sunny day here after a very dreich Monday and cold Tuesday.
    Been for a yomp up Wideford, did a bumslide on the way down as it's getting v wet and muddy!
    Road run yesterday as everywhere else was v wet after wet weekend and Monday. Was supposed to have been with friend but her night shift ran on.
    What is this race thing you speak of Hazel.....seems like something from another lifetime!/
    Have discovered recipe for Malteaser traybake, this will put paid to my good intentions of eating less rubbish!
    Lyrics no.
    Hope Dustin is enjoying his freedom!
    LMH - hope progress is steadily forward now.
  • I think I'd be in a better place if baking wasn't my default activity Els - I tried a Mars Bar slice a few weeks ago! Unfortunately my knee is definitely not as good as it was before my run - it's especially unhappy on stairs or if I sit at the table for too long. Glad there was no harm done when you slid down the hill!

Strange Poppy - that happened a little while ago too didn't it?
  • You're right,  LMH. I should be very grateful to be able to walk pain free. It wasn't the case last week before the injections! That guy saved my holiday 🙏
    Hope it's at least a small step in the right direction for you.

Be careful, poppy. Or was it maybe just the Garmin throwing a heart rate wobbler?

Oh wow, a race, Hazel!! Exciting. I checked the website of the trail half I did not too far from here last year and I'm a bit relieved it's cancelled so I'm not missing anything ;)

Recipe please,  Els. That sounds right up my strasse :)

Sorry to hear you're in pain again, OH.

Hiking 22k along the old saline pipeline today. First day we started dry :)

• Stairway to heaven :)

• Did you manage to finish in the dry too chicksta? I'm taking it as a positive that whilst less comfortable walking is still pain free. Who knows, my knee may feel better tomorrow morning and I might be good to go for another short run but at least if not my physio has cleared me to start walking again (rather than just doing the mileage life requires which is around six a day). I won't be getting to your level for a while though.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Those on Fetch, may have seen my recent updates, but here is an extract from my blog

The end is in sight....yeap, I'm sorry to say that my running career is coming to a stop, (well a crawl).

I have just ordered a spin exercise bike, as pretty much decided that once I hit 1000 miles (currently on 981 miles) this year I am going to start pulling back on the running, mainly as I'm finding it too hard and with the fact am tripping most runs now its only a matter of time before I really hurt myself, I will still try and do a (not) parkrun most weeks, but that will be all. This has been and is a hard decision, but one that I have been delaying for a while, so one more target to smash, then i will move on to the indoor bike (with the occasional foray if I can on the road). Need to mash up a good play list or two to workout against

But with everything going on with my body at present I need to be more careful and remove additional risks.....

Just in the last two weeks alone I have had to start using a walking pole for stability, have been told that I will now have to have hearing aids as I have significant hearing loss in my right ear and and moderate loss in my left ear. Am having to trial medical anal plugs whilst waiting to go back to the continence clinic due to continued accidents.... so I can rightly say I cannot hear you properly on this shitty blog.....

Hopefully a positive, I have a new job / role risk assessment tomorrow.. so praying all goes well

So thankful to have the three F's - Faith, Family and Friends to support and get through this.

So the end is in sight for my running career, its been good, and no doubt I shall reflect on this over the coming weeks.... But, yes but there is a safer way to exercise with my MS.....

Onwards and Upwards... <><

Thank you to you all for the support over the years, I have been posting in here I think for over 10 years (i know not as much lately), I will no doubt pop in here and there, to say hello.... but as of next week I will be lucky to run / walk a 5k per week..... All the very best to you all and tanks again....

Regards Matt
  • Very saddened to read that, RFJ. Will be thinking of you of course. Keep in touch. Suspect it is about 15 years on here! Hope all goes well tomorrow.
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.