Thursday 15th October 2020 - Came in from the city

Morning.

Lyrics (for RFJ) - Came in from the city

Walked into the door

Really sorry that you have to stop running RFJ. I have very found memories of running and chatting with you for those ten miles of London, it made the experience much more enjoyable. Please don't be a stranger, you don't need to be running to tell us how you are doing. Hope everything works out as well as it can.

I shall see how my knee feels walking Lola and then decide whether to try another short run or not. Early signs aren't positive but for some reason (the triumph of optimism over experience?) I remain hopeful.

Yesterday's lyrics - These Things Take Time - The Smiths.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Morning all
    Unintentional awol for a few days
    RFJ (Matt) - as LMH says , don't be a stranger. Please keep us updated - and I'll see on FB anyway - but it's probably the sensible thing  to do. 
    I'll not write off seeing you at a race again, failing that when PR turn real again, I'm sure we'll catch up.
    LMH - glad you could get a run in this week, fingers crossed for some weekend seaside saunters
    Hazel - 800s - painful. But they work...
    Wabo - decent track work, zippy 400s!
    Ale - ah, short hills. A favourite session
    Chick - stunning pics
    OH - I think my daughters have both banned me from speaking if they get married. Good to know I'm still an embarrassment to them. I have fulfilled my fatherly duties well!

What - Shorter session, either short hills or 100s depending on whether it's track or grass. Then U11s coaching
    Why - I'm a free man
    last rest - last week
    last hard - Tuesday 400/300/200/100 progressively faster with same length steady x3. Yesterday was 7 miles easy trail/road recovery
    lyric - yes to yesterday and today

• WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    morning all
    dustin, re dads speech, you really made me chuckle! Enjoy the session and coaching
    RFJ so so sorry to read that.  You have to take care of course, and totally get the falling. PLease keep in touch as others said.
    Chick great photos and you look amazing, thanks goodness you had the injection!
    LMH hope the knee and optimism are good
    Poppy you have to love a slate coaster!! Hope you are ok
    Hazel, take care with the ankle
    What: off soon to jog with Sacha, do a recce of a mile challenge then speed down said challenge.
    why: last grand prix challenge to be done
    last hard: yesterday am
    last rest: 31/12/16
    Daughter had sports massage yesterday and I dropped her there then did my run, she came out and said, my legs are tight and I have to stretch after running!! Never thought I would hear that....
    have a good day all
    possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    and only 66 miles till JOG
  • RFJ 😥 made me cry a bit. My heart goes out to you ((()))  please keep checking in with us. No need to run to come on here for a bit of banter or a virtual hug.

LMH: We have a saying that translates as 'hope is the last thing to die' (die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt) so your cautious optimism is justified.

Exciting,  wabo. You made it far up north ;)

Yay to freedom, Dustin and a great session.

Waiting for the fog to clear before heading out. Currently 2 degrees 🥶
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: running with M75 shortly

Why: Thursday seems to have become our new regular day. 

Bright, sunny, cold. 

Otherwise, what Wabo wrote!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Chilly chicksta! I hope it warms up quickly.

Wabo - it sounds as though she's really got the bug. Hope you have a speedy mile.

Dustin - sounds as though you are making the most of your freedom. Did the rest at least have the benefit of settling your hamstring?

Enjoy the run with M75 Alehouse - it will make a change if you get a dry one.

Well my knee actually felt good walking Lola so my only excuses not to go and try a run would be fear and laziness. I'm letting breakfast settle and the day warm up a little and then I shall set off.
  • Morning again!

Hope you have an enjoyable, pain free run, LMH!

What: enjoyable 50 minutes off road with M75

Why: what we do! Just realised on my return that my last day was 15th October 2019!

Bright and sunny but cool. Hopefully warming up for my cross training in the garden!
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    I was having a speedy mile but took the wrong turn. Will do again Saturday lol
  • Unfortunately not Alehouse - pain across the joint line for the first half mile or so which settled to discomfort. My running feels really awkward, the right leg feels wrong from the knee up (it starts with my knee then my quad joins in and then my hip). But I ran. Is that your last rest day?

Hopefully you'll be even faster on Saturday Wabo.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Sorry to hear leg not great LMH! 
    And yes, mistyped! Last rest day was 15/10/19.
    Gardening didn't happen: drizzling and cold all afternoon.
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Need to read back. Sorry been AWOL. Lucas had high temp Monday so off for test. No results by Tuesday so all housebound all day. Trying to juggle work and childcare. Came back negative on Tuesday evening. Missed running club Monday. Wednesday was too knackered to go out! Though did walk Lucas to and from nursery so about 5km total 

Today ran 5km from Lucas' nursery home.

Sorry to hear knee still bad lmh. Any news on your holiday?

Die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt, genau Chick!

Dustin how is freedom?

Ale are you in tight lockdown?

Have a lovely evening all
  • emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Rfj just read your post. Sad news indeed. Please do pop in occasionally and let us know how you're getting on. We'll miss you! Sending lots of virtual hugs.
  • Evening.

RFJ that is sad but understandable.  As above please drop in even if you aren´t running. 

Made me sit back and reflect on the fact I am lucky to be able to run as I can and to not be grumpy about what restrictions there might be on running as a sport at the moment. 

Can imagine you had better things to do than the forum after that confinement Dustin.  Like getting out and about.  Also like hill sessions but less so flat intervals (5 x 1000 yesterday).  Nice running over the last couple of day and hope the coaching went well.

Nearly there Wabo.. Shame about the wrong turn and good luck with a 2nd attempt.

Hope it warmed up a bit and the fog went away Chicksta.

Great streak Ale. 

Sorry your run was uncomfy LMH despite the optimistic start to the day.

Good news that Lucas tested ok emzap. 

Saturday's race is a local 11.5km one, partly off-road but not technically difficult - just a nasty hill to deal with.  I signed up a couple of weeks ago whilst the Covid case numbers were actually falling rather than exploding as they are now.

What: 10 miles comfy effort
    Why: easy miles
    Last hard: yesterday's speedwork
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Aw thanks for the special comments all, I know my posting has dropped off over the last year, with all that has been going on, I promise I will check in every now and then.

Thanks for the hugs much needed at the moment, and don't forget you / we are all part of a family, and you are all special and amazing supports, encourager and huggers :-) (((())))

Thanks all,

a very steady but unsteady on the feet 3.25m, with one of our clubs best runners, he wanted to come and run with me and we had a great time just chatting and plodding.... 9 to go now to get to the 1K for the year and then will just be a 5k walk / plod each week...

Thanks again