Sunday 18th October 2020 Life is never what it seems

Morning!

Lyrics: Life is never what it seems 
We're always searching in our dreams
...Just be thankful for what you've got

Yesterday's were Living Doll, Cliff Richard, who was 80 last week. 

Hope Emz's living doll is ok!

What: 40 minutes plus

Why: get me over 50k for the week

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• Morning.

Hope you have nice weather and enjoy your run Alehouse.

Chilly but bright, dry and not too breezy here. I had a nice walk with Lola, knee didn’t feel too bad so once my breakfast has settled I shall try a run as prescribed.

What:             Hopefully a short run
    Why:              Rehab
    Last hard:      Sorting this knee
    Last rest:       16/10

Lyrics - familiar but can’t name that tune.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning

have good runs Ale and LMH.  

Course PB was 55:57 Ale.  

Self-indulgent pic - a few metres before the finish line.

What: whatever the legs and mind feel like after yesterday but certainly not fast.  Will probably trundle on the turbo for a few minutes before going out to start warming things up.
    Why: race recovery
    Last hard: yesterday
    Last rest 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Great pic, Hazel 👍 You loo fit and like you mean business 💪. Thanks for the lovely report. Made for an enjoyable read. So nice to have someone to race against. Goldilocks made me chuckle as I tend to give my competitors nicknames too ;)

Drier day ahead here. Short walk after breakfast done. Planning another walk after lunch.
  • Morning again!

Yes, great pic, Hazel, and a great improvement on the course pb! 

Is today your last day away, Chick?

What: 52 minutes fairly gentle off road 

Why: easy day. Just over 53k for the week. And I did my stretches before I ran. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Ale: nope, another week here, lucky me👍. Tbh, I need it. I've had no proper holiday all year and I'm exhausted. Nice weekly total.

Lazy day - our afternoon walk was just shy of 10k :smile:
  • Flying Hazel! You look great.

I hope it’s stayed dry for you chicksta.

Nice going Alehouse.

I was so unsure about running two days in a row, it’s really not nice feeling that I can no longer trust my body, but physio had said to do another 4 miles today and I trust her so I set off with some trepidation. My first mile was slow but my knee settled sooner than it has been and my run just kept getting better. Have walked a couple of miles with MiL since and everything feels ok. So tempting to go for a short last run before we head home in the morning but I will resist and stick with the program.
  • Looking good Hazel
    Swim and 5k jog
    Ticking over
    Lyrics no
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Great pic Hazel :-) looking strong

Nearly there, two runs to go (Annoying noted that I had a double entry last week....) but had a special run earlier with Jnr, a nice slow 3.25m round the Lydiard parkrun course.... will be running with Mrs RFJ tomorrow.....

Take care
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    hiya
    Hazel - well done on the race and the course pb, looking good on the run in!
    Wabo - speedy mile so well done, sorry to hear about the mutt run in
    Ale - another decent weekly total, good work
    LMH - glad you managed to get some runs in

What - 13.1 miles
    Why - virtual half
    last rest - last weekend
    last hard - that was

Pitched up in Cumbria yesterday having stopped off en route to see offspring #2 in Manchester (brief 'hello' then on our way). Managed a sedate 4.5 miles on arrival to stretch the legs and remind myself that even the 'flat' roads have hills.
    My local half should have been 2 weeks ago, but there is a virtual race anytime between 4-18 Oct.
    Not knowing if I'd be up to that distance I'd resisted entering up to now, but set off today on an out and back loop on some of the lower lying fells. Got to 6.5 miles, turned and came back. Nothing exotic, 1h53 with about 1200ft of climbing.
    Afternoon walk in Whinlatter Forest (overlooking Kewsick) , roast and a few beers shortly. 
    Sleep tonight will come easy.
    Terrible view from the end of the road...

• Happy holidays Dustin.

Nice to have jnr to run with RFJ.