My Last Run

Comments

• *you're (predictive, sorry).

Nice hills Hazlenut, how many times a week do you do them?  If all hold together I'm going to do at least one a week as I've lost a lot of pace I feel.

One of the 10 milers I fancied, one is on my work weekend and the other is fully booked.  Really annoying!  However there is a fast 10k on 25/10 (first race I ever did, last year) and another (in my actual town!) 22/11.

A couple of virtual half marathons are on offer too, so may do these.

• Good work on the intervals, Hazelnut.
    Linton, Runthrough has a 10 miler on Halloween at the Velopark (there's a range of distances from 1 mile up to HM) but it is a lapped race. Just worth knowing if you had your heart set on a 10.

Well it was a step back for me today - probably a case of too much too soon. I had quite noticeable DOMS this morning (and actually yesterday evening - I had to go walk around the block at 6pm to get some blood into my legs) which I think is from the exercises rather than yesterday's run, but I figured I'd be OK with a run today. Didn't go out until after 9 and I did a warm-up indoors then walked around the block before I started to run but the hammy wasn't very happy. Aside from that, legs felt pretty fresh, so I was a bit quicker than my usual easy pace and had to slow myself down. Ham was only marginally more noticeable than yesterday to begin with, but it got a lot more noticeable at the 2 mile point. I probably should have stopped then but I wanted to see if it would improve (as my achilles generally does - it can be cranky for the first mile or two but then eases) so I did five miles. It didn't, though. So I may have to skip tomorrow's run. I'll see how it goes. Currently doing alternate ice pack/hot water bottle to see if that helps.
  • LTT I do a hill session on an irregular basis - I do run a lot of undulations on my outings anyway.  The two recent sessions I found good for how I run the hills - i.e. remember to pick up my feet properly rather than shuffle and use my arms more.   The 10k on 22/11 sounds like a good option.  

Sorry about the hammy Cal.  Could you maybe try a deliberate run/walk outing or does it not like much walking either?  Might allow you to get out for longer.  

9 miles in 1:17 this afternoon - legs a bit tired from yesterday's hiking and I unwisely ran faster than planned.  I will likely regret that tomorrow.  Was briefly joined by a herd of brown and white cows - fortunately on the other side of a fence - doing all sorts of jumps and kicks.  Managed to dodge all of the falling acorns - don't know why but the oaks are absolutely loaded this year.  
  • 10 mile distance trial run this morning. Not at very hard effort, but still at maybe 85% effort. A reasonable go.

Went out in vest and race shorts but took a good 5 miles to warm up, definitely chilly! 6.3 mile loop back to my home, glass of water left on the porch, and 3.7 mile loop.

Ankle twinged at first, but was then Ok (hopefully). Lots of cyclists out and a few more substantially dressed runners.

Ran it fasted to see how I got on after last weekend 's fasted half marathon fiasco.  Felt fine. Maybe I just got too cold and wet last week?

Time 1:29. Would like to hold 10 x 8.5 miles for 1:25.  Not fast at all really but I feel my fitness is slowly returning after 3 months injury.

A local bar has started selling draught Staropromen, my all-time favourite beer, and one I've only seen on draught in Prague. So will treat myself today!

Nice run Hazlenut, I only recently realised cows can be dangerous, after a few cow related fatalities in the UK. Food for thought when I go to Cornwall on holiday.

Velopark looks cool Cal, my only reservation is it's a week after a 10k race. Must do a london event soon.  I think the writing is on the wall for races to be honest, but we'll see.
    Hope the injury improves, I think mine was/is Achilles related. A new one to add to the running experience! Have a nice sunday.

• Good go at the 10 miles LTT.  Like the refreshments planning.  With loops like that you could plan to run the first section reasonably hard and then the second harder - good training.  Good news on the ankle - hope it is okay post-run too.  Cows can especially be dodgy if they have young calves with them - in particular if you have a pooch with you (don't think you own one?).  Running friend who is also a dairy farmer says bellowing, scraping the floor with a lowered head is not a good sign.  I wouldn't ever try to run from any in an excited mood it helps to turn to them and look / act determined.  

Training HM today in just short of 1:54.  Legs were tired after yesterday's too fast run so didn't even think about doing a standard out steady and back hard.  Instead I decided to run only the last 2 miles or so harder back up the hill from my flat valley route.  Improved my own Strava segment record on that stretch (2.1k with 59m of ascent) - 11:11 on 11.10.  Need to go back on 11.11. and repeat that?  Got the clothes more or less right - lycra rather than lightweight shorts, T-shirt, armsleeves and a very lightweight vest.  The armsleeves were tucked into my running belt at some point and should really have done the same to my vest.  Could have done without the minor nosebleed whilst working harder up the hill - don't know what triggered that but I did at least manage not to smear the red juice everywhere.
  • Good job LT! I guess we'll have to wait and see what Boris says. I hope races are not affected.
    Great run, Hazelnut - 1:54 is actually a decent time for me under race conditions - I've never managed sub-2 in training. Hope your nose is OK - it might be due to drier air, possibly.

• Great story and lovely picture. Cal. Not sure I'd have attempted the silkworm feast. I did make the comment to the people I was working with at the time that I'd be better off trying to knit with the chopsticks than eating with them. And I can't knit!! Here's hoping the hamstring starts to behave itself.

Excellent couple of runs, LTT, and glad the ankle seemed to be OK. Could have sworn I've seen Staropromen on tap before. But then again I'm more a cider man so probably not really looking for it. 

Excellent training half, Hazelnut. I'd be happy with that as a race time let alone done in training. Cows have been in the news here recently for cow related fatalities. Like LTT I hadn't realised they could be deadly. A long time ago I'd gone to Barcombe Mills with a girlfriend one sunny and warm Sunday. We'd settled by the river with a picnic and noticed cows over the other side of the field. As the day went on a snooze in the sun was in order and we both lay on a blanket, I was on my back and my girlfriend laid on her front. Having drifted off I suddenly heard a snort and  looked up to see a semi circle of cows round the edge of the blanket. At this point my girlfriend shot up from her lying position. Unfortunately she'd forgotten that she'd undone her bikini top.

Saturday was an easy 10K round Hove Park. Well easy for me, partner seemed to have the bit between the teeth and after an opening mile of 9:02 she got faster. I decided to try to maintain the easy pace as she disappeared into the distance. She eventually did 10K in 50:58, which considering the undulatory nature of Hove Park was a fantastic effort. I jogged round in a touch over 53 mins knowing we had an 11 miler planned for the next day.

Sunday we decided on a route taking in the Downslink from Henfield. We've done a couple of league runs (Seven Stiles) as Henfield which are quite interesting and tough along with a half marathon there last year. The route we'd planned was one we'd done with the run group last summer. It should have been an easy outing along a decent surface. However we managed to take a wrong turn at Partridge Green (the only bit where we needed to navigate) and rather than running on a nice hard path we ended up wading through ankle deep mud with a few cheeky hills thrown in. In the end 11 miles were completed in 1:39 and I was happy with the pacing as the wrong turn had the affect of keeping us honest. I was less happy that my new runners are now caked in mud. 
  • Partridge Green...is that near Steyning? I think that's where my first boyfriend used to live (I'd forgotten the name but it sounds familiar).
    That's a good time for those conditions. I am not a fan of mud at all.
    That's a funny story about the cows and your girlfriend's wardrobe malfunction.

Hamstring still very noticeable - there's a twinging pain up in my butt so pretty textbook, really.
    But I got myself out for another walk and was able to walk fast. I actually pushed it so it turned into a progression walk - first mile at 15:13 and fifth mile at 13:28. Good to know I can still walk fast when I want to - I remember motoring around Royal Parks when I had my TFL injury and overtaking runners in the latter stages. :D

Gym a bit later - did upper body mainly but fitted in some glutes and core in between sets, plus some swiss ball hammy curls.
    I've booked the machines gym for the next two days so I can slot in some cardio and lower body stuff, too. The only issue is being limited to an hour, so I guess half an hour of cardio and half an hour of rehabby stuff.
  • Try crochet instead of knitting GD :D - less needles and stitches to play with.. Nice cow incident.  And a nice 10k by your partner.  Shame about the mucky shoes - let them dry off and then a good whacking on a solid object will get off the worst - not sure if it is good for the shoes though - did work for wellies.

Mud is ok as long as I am prepared for it Cal.  (no white socks, approriate shoes).  I hate it getting clumped on my soles so that my feet weigh a ton - the more liquid the better therefore.  Good walking - I can remember you doing that walked HM.  Have a good time in the gym - being limited to an hour might also be a good thing that you don't do too much.

Recovery outing yesterday evening post first day back to work after 2 weeks off.  Due to the slower pace I went back to capris as I thought I wouldn't be generating enough own heat in the cool weather and it seemed to be the right choice.  Watch went a bit dodgy in the middle with a fast k followed by a slow k - pretty sure that I ran fairly evenly.  HR also measured very high although I was breathing quite normally for that pace.  Nice evening for a run - enjoyed the multi coloured leaves in the wood. 
  • Yeah, I do have some Nike trail shoes but they're not adequate for mud. I bought some spikes after the last muddy run but I've yet to wear them.
    My Garmin goes nuts occassionally, I wouldn't worry.

Today I hit the gym at 8 and I went to the machines room for a change for half an hour on the elliptical (kill me now) and then some lower body stuff (bodyweight only) - glute bridges, steps ups on a 20 inch block, single leg box squats and so forth.
    Much as I hate the elliptical it doesn't stress the hamstring so it's safe to do. I rather wish they hadn't moved it away from the TVs as I used to pass the time on it by watching Homes under the Hammer. :D

On another note, I decided to cancel the ultra (the window for refunds closes this week) as, even if the hamstring suddenly improved, I don't have the miles under my belt. I'd rather go into my first ultra with more confidence and have a chance of enjoying it rather than trying to tough it out.
  • Shame about the ultra but a sensible decision Cal.  Can imagine that watching the TV does pass the time in the gym - certainly need it if I drag out the turbo at home as I get bored within minutes.

Solo/Group trot yesterday evening - 8 miles in 1:15.  3 ladies, 3 men so enough chaperones to go around.  Cool - was glad I set out in gloves but tucked them away after a while.  Twisted my ankle quite hard on around the last mile - was chatting away and got to close to the edge of a the road on a dark stretch and my shoe slipped off the tarmac edge.  Ouch - I have very flexible ankles and regularly twist them but it normally doesn't hurt like that.  Bit of swearing and limping but I was able to run again within a few seconds and no swelling / little pain today so lucky. 
  • Steyning isn't far from Partridge Green, Cal. In fact one of the runs we do along the Adur goes to Bramber which is just by Steyning. Good decision on the ultra (and brave too). Would have been easy to try and go for it, but I think you're wise to postpone so you can enjoy it when you do eventually do it. And Homes under the Hammer is one of those programmes it's so easy to get sucked in to.

Not sure crotchet would be my thing either, Hazelnut. To quote my partner I'm a "left handed weirdo" so I suspect I'd be a bit cackhanded at anything like that. How was your first day back at work? Did you have mountain of emails as a welcome back? There's a spot on one of the runs that we do where it's almost like a GPS dead zone as the pace on the watch drops drastically. Love the colours at this time of year. As we drove back on Sunday it was a riot of reds and golds.

'Bubble' run yesterday evening, although only 4 of us this time. Again starting at Preston Park, but a different route to last week that wasn't supposed to have so many hills. However that's not really how it turned out as we managed to find two long inclines. One of the group had suffered with Covid. Recovered now, but still dealing the affects, so the pace was rather gentle which I was happy with. I'd felt a twinge in my back the previous day after the gym so whilst I was keen to keep it moving I didn't want to push it too far. I decided against the gym this morning to give it a chance to recover. In the end we did a touch over 10K and then back to a chilli and rather nice brownies with a cheese cake topping along with hazelnuts and dulce de leche. It makes your teeth itch!!
  • Trying to imagine what itchy teeth feel like.  Sounds like a good solid dessert.  Agree that it is a lovely time of year - plenty of visual distractions.  Hope your back is ok. 

Intervals yesterday evening - 5 x 1k (GPS) off 3 min recoveries.  Pleased to get all 5 done at a decent effort.  A couple of interrupts - blonde lady with 3 dogs - wonder if she selected the breeds to match her own hair colour, a tractor standing in the middle of my track meaning a quick diversion onto the field, an elderly man who was staring at his toes whilst walking along - he stayed on his side fortunately I was worried about mowing him down if he moved to mine.  9 miles including warm up, strides, and cool down. 
  • There is still another tuppaware box of the brownies to get through, Hazelnut, so I think the teeth will continue to itch. And back is still a bit twingey so have decided against the gym again this morning. Nice interval session and well done for not mowing down the elderly man. I hope he was appreciative as you went past.

Another pyramid session yesterday evening - 0.1 mile, 0.2, 0.4 and 0.8 before going back down again. This was running along the seafront from Shoreham through to Lancing and included two of the fastest runners we've got at our club. The person leading it had run the virtual marathon the other week in 3:07, so it was tough. Tried to run steadily as I knew the 0.8 stint would hurt, but quite pleased to not be too far behind. And managed to let loose on the final 'sprint'.
  • Initially thought 0.8 = 800 metres as I generally work in km but then reread that you were working in miles and 0.8 miles is certainly tougher.  You have a speedy clubmate.

10 comfy effort miles yesterday evening.  I have a race tomorrow so no inclination to up the pace on the way home.  Dull grey day with a bit of drizzle so few other people out and about.   
  • She is speedy, Hazelnut. For a club that's considered a bit 'old' in terms of members we've attracted some rather fast people over the last 18 months or so, including a few young ones. I think it's my partners cakes that are the attraction.

Of course it means I have less chance of scoring points when we do the league runs, but I live in hope.

Well done on the 10 miler and good luck for the race tomorrow. What's the distance?
  • Hi folks, hope  it's been a decent week.  Bit of a disappointing week running.  The half marathon followed by a 10 mile was apparently too much and my ankle has been pretty bad this week.

Took 3 days off, then did an easy 6.5 miles last night at 9 min miles, not great today, but not terrible.  Annoyingly, there's a 10k I really fancied next weekend, (through a picturesque river valley) so I'm going to try a decent run tomorrow and if it hurts will not do the race.

Good luck in your race tomorrow Hazlenut.  Good interval run .  Mine tomorrow will be 2 mile warm up, 3 miles 10k pace, 1mile cool down.  Unless I have to stop of course.

Training sounds really good GD, I must join my local running club one day.  The 15-20 minute drive really puts me off when I drive so many miles for work, but I'm sure I'd improve hugely.

Hope your injury improves Cal.  At least you got to the gym I guess.  I did a kettlebell workout this week in the absence of running.  Predictably overdid it!

Have a nice weekend.

• Hey folks, long time no speak!

so great to hear you're all running still

Apologies for disappearing, it's been a wild ride...woke up at the end of May at 4am with an excruciating pain in my side and I couldn't sleep, so I binned the planned 14 miler I had in store. Throughout the rest of that Sunday, the pain got worse. I couldn't walk, I couldn't move, I couldn't lie down because the pain was so much. To be honest, I was ready and prepared to die. My fiancé called the NHS helpline and I go to the hospital at 00:30am on the bank holiday...yay! They think it's kidney stones, so no running for a while.

pain subsides, but a week later I get pain in my other side...uh oh...yep, kidney stones for the second time in a week, along with muscular-skeletal damage from the previous bout. Meant spending some time in a wheelchair which was...really demoralising. Think my pride took a knock for being in a wheelchair at 25...

Due to the pain, I couldn't run and the times I tried to run I just went way too quickly, so got stitch, flared up the pain, and then yeah, gave up.

Been running a little bit since the end of August/beginning of September and it's been a trial. Where I was smashing out 8 miles two/three times a week with a half marathon at the weekend, now I couldn't even run 3 miles without walking for a bit, and even then I was super slow. I didn't realise how much 3 months away from the sport would set me back, and I had little motivation to continue. I almost gave up.

but I persevered and continued. I figured that I got quicker at the beginning of the year by running on a treadmill which was at a 0% gradient, so what I needed to do was run on a flat surface. So I have done so, and now I'm back up to running 10k in under an hour - yesterday I did it in just under 55 minutes!

Sorry for not being around, my pride took such a hit, I was always hoping to turn with good news and now I finally feel like I have some good (well, better) news to share. But I'm much better now and I hope to keep returning in the future.
  • Bloody hell, Malteser, you've been through the wringer! Glad you've managed to recover, it sounds really really nasty. Do they know what caused it?
    Good luck Hazelnut!
  • Not really, Cal! Usually it's a build up of salt/minerals in the kidneys so they say that not drinking enough/dehydration is a cause. It's definitely possible, as at the time I was normally only drinking roughly a pint a day (I'm a camel, I can go for a while without drinking) and the curry the night before probably didn't help. But yeah, it's not been great!
  • Bloody hell Malteser, that doesn't sound good at all.  Hope you're on the mend. Not as bad obviously, but I couldn't run for three months this year, it will come back, slowly.
    Glad to hear you're feeling better.  What did the NHS do to aid recovery over the last 3 months?  Or does it naturally subside?  That's a solid 10k for someone recovering.

7.2 miles 10k practice run today.  1 mile warm up, 4.5 miles at sub 8 minute miles, 1.7 mile cool down.  My ankle isn't great and I don't think doing that race next weekend is the best idea, but races round here are getting cancelled often now, mainly due to Covid difficulties with race HQ's.  If I leave this one, next is Bettshanger 10 mile on 21st November, a long way away.  So might be  case of do it while it's there. Will assess tomorrow.

Went for my first run in my Kinvara 10, (I got last Christmas, but haven't used them due to one injury or another).  They felt amazing after my clumpy, high-stack Epic React Infinity runs, which feel almost like orthopedic shoes! but are clearly easy on the runner. Really light and minimal, and I think my form was miles better.  That said, by mile 5 I could feel the lack of cushioning becoming very apparent, I bought them just for 5 and 10k and don't think I'd take them much further than that.  So comfy though.

Rewarded myself with a vast full-english.

• Hi, first time visitor to this thread here. Hitherto, I’ve stuck with the Over 60s and Mature runners threads. Didn’t really intend to post until I noticed one or two posters appear to be from my neck of the woods on the Sussex coast, Worthing to be specific. So just thought I’d say high.
    You guys seem to be serious runners not in terms of an absence of a GSOH but in terms of training. I’m not, nor ever have been, a club member but I know recognise most of the local clubs and am a 200 or so park runner. I told you I was old!
    I've done all the Sussex parkruns and am absolutely choked that they have been suspended.
    Anyway, I’ve said my hi and will look in every now and the then. And as the name of the thread requires, I’ll say that I managed a 21.46 3 miler this morning along Worthing prom. Who knows, I might have shared the same patch of tarmac with one of you!
  • Hey LTT! I remember you having some difficulty with running/getting back into running earlier in the year! While I didn't visit the forum, I certainly tried to recall how you approached it when I was recovering.
    NHS told me to drink 6-8 pints of water a day!! Christ I felt like I was drowning myself each time, always feeling full! They also gave me Codeine which knocked me for six the day after bank holiday. I lost all track of time, was always dizzy, and had to take the day off work. Your gonads always hurt as well, as they try to process the kidney stones, like you're being kicked there constantly. Not nice!

Welcome John Bateman! Hope you enjoy your time on this thread! Your 5k time puts mine to shame - I was only doing 24 minute 5k's before injury, now I'm at 26 minutes. Only done one parkrun though!! 
  • Welcome John! Londoner myself although I was born in Sussex. I'm glad I managed to complete Lon-done before lockdown but I'm missing parkrun too. That's a cracking time (particularly if you're over 60). I'm a mere 53 - I got close to 24 minutes this year but I'm far from speedy.
    Linton, glad you enjoyed the new shoes.
    Malteser, that sounds awful.

Still nursing my hamstring so a 6 mile speed walk for me instead. Managed to average just under 14 minute miles - I was going for it htough. :D
  • Thanks for the warm welcomes. I’m 65, sad but true. This thread could well merge with an injuries one by the looks of it. My Achilles and knees would qualify me for membership!
  • Welcome back MM. Sounds a horrific time you've had. It's frustrating not being able to run as you were before, but trust me, it does come back. The best thing I can suggest is to take it steady, accept what you can do at the moment, as against what you were doing before, and build up.

Sorry to hear about the ankle, LTT. I can understand the quandary over doing the race. We're all just starved of events at the moment and it's an attractive thought to do something even if you're not 100%. Nice to hear the shoes are comfy and well done on the full English reward.

Well done on the speed walk, Cal. Hopefully won't be long before the hamstring eases up and you're back running.

Welcome John. Sussex here as well, originally from Eastbourne but moved to Brighton last year. I've done Worthing Parkrun a few times as part of the club grand prix series we do and one of our members is a Worthing resident and drags us over every now and then, so I'd say we've shared the same tarmac. 21.46 is seriously quick. If you're interested in clubs there's plenty around in West Sussex and I have to say I thoroughly enjoy the league runs we do, once we're allowed to do them again.

10K around Hove Park yesterday and it wasn't easy, even though I tried to keep the pace sensible. I think my legs were still feeling Thursday's speed session. Having said that it was a minute quicker than last week's effort, but that was more to do with gritting my teeth up the last hill as I sensed I was closing the gap on my partner who had strode off. Not an enjoyable run and for some reason there didn't seem to be any flow. Onwards and upwards though.
  • Ups bit behind on posting - nice to see a new face - welcome John - speedy 3 miler.  

And welcome back MalMal! Sorry you have had such a rough time in the past few months. From experience kidney problems are really painful.  You are doing really well on your comeback. I struggle to drink much as well.  What has helped is to always have a glass standing around somewhere nearby to remind me to drink a bit every now and then.  

Please be careful LTT.  That was a tough training run.  Solid refuelling post-run. I've also eyed up Kinvaras in the past but never got round to trying some out - I think the last pair I was looking at were a garish pink which put me off.

Good speed walking again Cal.  Four mile an hour plus certainly isn't an amble.

Guess everyone has a less-than-ideal run every now and then GD.  Well done for finishing it off well though.

Race yesterday went very well.  I wasn't expecting much as my legs felt pretty awful on Friday afternoon on a short recovery (bit more than 3 miles).  Likely the combination of intervals on Wednesday and a 10 miler on Thursday.  Yesterday's conditions were pretty good (8 degrees and little wind) so decided to give it the best I could (rarely do anything else in a race) and managed a 3:29 PB on an 11.5k/7.1 mile course in 52:18.  Not an easy one to pace with not far off 2 miles flat / slightly downhill at the beginning and then a long dragging hill followed by minor ups and downs and the last 2.8 blast back down the hill.  Altogether around 160m +/-.  Around 70 % offroad mostly on decent forest roads.  These were full of pebbles though - bit like running on cobbles, but covered with a light layer of fallen leaves.  Some mildly muddy corners as well needed a bit of care.  5th in my category out of 35 and 17th lady out of 170.  With few races to be had some speedier ladies from further away had signed up.   Very pleased with the result and the PB.  Another lady from my Tuesday group ran and also managed a 3 minute PB and 5th in her category so a good outing for us both.  According to Strava I ran an inofficial 5k PB by 1 second but it was downhill so I won't count that really.  I've never actually run a 5k race.  

Have a good Sunday all.
  • I saw that on Strava, Hazel - fantastic job!

GD, we all have runs like that, but it's miles in the bank.

john, my injuries seem to rotate between my right achilles, right hip/groin and left high hamstring tendinopathy. At the moment it's the hammy. I blame a lifetime of sitting in front of computers.

Anyway, hallelujah, I managed a run. Hammy was very noticeable during yesterday's walk and I was feeling it last night and this morning, so I really wasn't sure whether I ought to run or not today, but I thought I'd give it a punt as rest didn't help last time it was bad (in 2017)  and running didn't seem to make it worse either. And it was actually OK. I have the usual high ham ache up at the top but it didn't radiate down the hamstring this time. I tried to concentrate on my form and ended up running a minute per mile quicker than I was intending to (averaged 9:37) - Garmin data indicates stride was longer but cadence was normal. So that's good! 
    Tomorrow is another rest then I will try again Tuesday.
  • Glad you managed a run Cal!, that's great news, hope it continues to improve.

That's a great result Hazel, and rapid 7.1 miler.  That course sounds great though!  Well done.  Especially on the back of a full-on training week, a huge PB.  My Kinvaras are fluoro yellow!, but I must like bright trainers because my other pairs of trainers are fluoro orange and fluoro red respectively.

Solid training run run GD, "hard work" runs like that are a slog when they happen, but glad you knocked a minute off.

Hi John Bateman!  That is a good three mile time, I miss parkrun too, (although have only done maybe a dozen) such a sociable event.  Do hope we can return to those days soon.  I got to 20:23 then got injured so unfinished business!  I think I've only ever been to Worthing once, to go to a nightclub in a mansion many years ago. Alternately, I only post in this one thread, as have little to offer in the others (apart from the injury one, but moan enough in here!).  Nice people and it helps keep me plodding along.

Have a good week.
  • I like bright trainers too LTT but rather not in pink. Don't worry about the "moaning" (can't remember much of that anyway), we are runners on here and will understand running-related moaning a lot more than a non-runner might.

11.7 miles yesterday afternoon in 1:41:23 - legs less tired than I was expecting - maybe I didn't race hard enough on Saturday although it felt hard enough at the time.  I was yawning like mad yesterday afternoon before going out so I drank a single Espresso beforehand which helped.  Steady trot around a well-known route, I was tempted to go exploring but didn't fancy any sudden surprises in the form of unknown hills or overdistancing and getting really tired.  Quite a few people out it being a half-way decent Sunday afternoon.   I saw a man on a large scooter type set of wheels being pulled along by two huskies - I think they were training.