Sub 3h15

Comments

• OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    My mara schedule is already pretty busy next 🤣year 
  • DT - pleased to hear of the improvement. Hope you're fine for your holiday :)
    Only race on my calendar so far is VLM 2021.
    9 miles this morning inc. 8x1000m off 200m recoveries. Lap button had been disabled, so no splits.
  • 11 slow miles this morning. WIll probably take a rest tomorrow, so that's 56 for the week and finally brings up 2,000 for the year.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Gul a good total all things considered. I should get close to 50. It's been 4 weeks since in I last achieved that.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the 2k, gul. 

Ear is much better now thanks. 

Currently lying poolside in the sunshine. Had to have a covid test on arrival which was a gag fest on my part. Can't leave the resort for 24 hours to allow test to process, which other than going for a run I have no reason to anyway. 
  • DT - sunshine here today too. Probably a tad warmer in Zante though ;)
    This morning we woke up early and decided to have breakfast in bed. Just taking coffee and croissants back, when I remembered it was the end of BST. D'oh! Instead of an hour extra, in effect we got up 2 hours early!

• 13 slow/easy miles this morning to start the week. Last 3 miles in the daylight - bonus :)
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    I'm have probs with runners world where the page keeps popping up asking me to accept  cookies and I can't get rid of it 🤔 Is it just me?

Sounds like you are moving to a more chilled phase of life Gul (despite the school boy clock reset error 🤣)
    Enjoy the hols DT, for sure I'm not the only one jealous.
    I ran in the Lakes yesterday, 16 miles with rain and hail stones and about 1000ft of climb. It was pretty brutal but I got it done for a 50 mile week + 8k of swimming. Despite the dodgy hip I'm feeling in good shape.
  • OO - no it's not just you. I've had that off and on for a while now and it's a real pain. That sounds like a tough run in the Lakes.
    12 miles this morning including a mini-Zatopek session, 25x400m/200m tempo intervals.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Glad it's not just me. This platform is a bit of a dinosaur...
    Double day here of swim and run- which is becoming a but of a pattern mid week. I usually swim daytime then run later, often with my club. Very tiring but a great balance, and kinder on old legs.
  • OO - since lockdown I've let the swimming slip; a bit loathe to start again now having to book a session I think.
    10 slow miles this morning.
  • Tempo run this morning, 13 miles in all. My watch battery was low near the end and I somehow managed to lose the session when I stopped it as the final mile clocked up :( It was something like 8:22, 7:37, 7:23 and then fairly close to 7:10 for the remaining 10 miles.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    That's impressive Gul, I rarely do long runs at anywhere near that pace. In terms of swimming, the councils are putting in wider lanes and on -line booking limits the numbers. I'm actually finding the set up much better. I used to swim over 3k and end up exhausted. But now the swim time is limited to 45 mins, it's usually around 2k which is less tiring and means I can run later on the same day.
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Solid sessions there, Gul, nice one.
    Funny how some of the new regulations feel better, OO. Impressed you keep up the pool swimming, I’m a big convert to open water after last year’s Serpentine campaign.

More ticking over here but with a campaign feel. Had a great laugh in the hills on Saturday where we once again ballsed up the route and went longer than
    planned. Turned out to be 19.5 trail miles.
    The recovery on Sunday chalked 44 for the week, the longest since London training in the summer.

Got a 10 miler done on Tuesday, first 10 for a while. Ran it as mile alternates of 7.0x and 6.4x.
    Felt surprisingly strong and hit all the numbers to average 6.55 for the trip. Followed up with 8 easy on the trails yesterday.

Will hit around 170 for the month, my biggest ever October. Decent base miles to carry through.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    That's some great miles GD and hills and trails too. Have you got a race in mind?
  • OO - I'll definitely get back into the swimming, maybe next year; not getting any younger!
    GD - some great running there and nice variety.
    7 mile recovery run this morning.
  • TRTR ✭✭✭
    Gul - the Dorney Lake marathon folks are putting on a marathon on an airfield at Saffron Waldon mid April. Good opportunity for you to tick yr sub3 box and get a 2022 gfa in?
  • TR - thanks, will take a look. I was thinking about the Peddars Way Ultra in Jan, but you have to have done a race of at least marathon distance in the last 12 months, so would be good to get one under the belt for 2022!
    11 miles with strides this morning. Makes 66 for the week so far and 210 for the month, so getting back on track.
  • 6 mile recovery run this morning makes 72.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Crikey Gul that cranked up pretty quickly. I only managed 50 plus 8k of swimming. October was 29k of swimming my highest ever monthly total. What a shame the pools will close this week.
    I guess you are all equally devastated by the lockdown news, but at least this time we know the drill....🤐
  • A bit flat this end, and just didn't feel well enough to run on Friday. 10 yesterday and 15 today for an unintended cut back week of 43.
  • OO54OO54 ✭✭✭
    Good to hear from you Joolska, nothing to serious I hope.
  • OO - still very decent miles and tons of swimming; must be disappointing for you with the pools now closing.
    Jools - hope you're feeling better this week.
    11 easy miles with a backpack this morning, although it was empty for the first 7.
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭
    Gul, looks like you are back to form now! 

Shame about the pools etc, oo. I am going to make the most of spin classes this next 3 days before I'm back in my garage on the turbo. At least I can run this time and physios arent being made to close. 

Holiday felt all the sweeter following Saturdays announcement. 

6m Saturday lunchtime to give 175m for October which is my highest ever October by 1 mile over last year. Decent given I had a weeks holiday.  

10m easy yesterday. In view of the fact that in reality any prospect of racing is now dead this year, I'm going to pull back on some of the sessions in the short term I think and this week will just be miles.

• G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Similar total here, DT. Hit 176 for October on Saturday after I stayed out a bit longer to cover 17 miles in rain and mud, loved it!
    That's my biggest ever October by 22 miles. Just over 4 miles recovery run yesterday to bring 40 up for the week.

I had my eye on the Kempton Park half in the next couple of weeks but that's not going to happen now.
    I've been ticking over on 4 runs per week for a while now and set a 32 mile weekly target on Strava which seems to be motivating me, just!
  • Gul DarrGul Darr ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
    DT - excellent month, especially with holiday too.
    GD - glad you've found just enough motivation :)
    11 miles this morning including 4 x 1M efforts. I've started wearing my watch with the face on the palm side of my wrist. Makes it harder to read but it does seem to have improved the accuracy of the HRM i.e. harder sessions have a higher heart rate than easy sessions! Today read 172 avg / 189 max.
  • Woke up this morning and Biden had a big lead, went out for 11 easy miles and now Trump has almost caught him up! Is this going to end up with endless wrangling over counting postal votes?
  • DT19DT19 ✭✭✭

I am struggling to follow the results of this election, as it seems in our terms, what appears to be a big lead is onyl 2 states away from being turned over.

I am squashing in gym activity this week as well as the running as I've really enjoyed my spin since the return from lockdown. So Monday was an easy 5m and spin, then yesterday was an easy 8m over lunch, followed by a spin and bodypump combo. Off to spin for the last time in about an hour then an easy 4m late afternoon before I go out for dinner and a few beers. Got myself a pretty sharp haircut as well this morning.

Got on the scales yesterday and was surprised to find myself the same weight as when I went on holiday and today was a lb lighter, so post haircut I treated myself to a greggs sausage roll as it's next door to the hairdressers.

• BirchBirch ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020
     not according to the Orange One  (We won, but its also a great fraud) . . . . .    
  • G-DawgG-Dawg ✭✭✭
    Facebook telling me it was a year this week since the New York marathon. America and the world is a very different place right now, amazing how things can change so quickly.

Had a good session yesterday, 8 miles on an out and back undulating course, so ran it steady with hill attacks. Felt good in the last 3 miles, so ran them at tempo pace.

Up before work this morning for 8 easy miles on the cold trails. Frosty grass and low morning light made for a few good photos to bung on Strava and Instagram.

Looking at my November stats I only need 114 miles to get my biggest November ever, 21 already done.
    Small motivators like that keep me going, especially in these rubbish times.