Monday 26th October 2020 - If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one

Morning.

Lyrics - If blood will flow when flesh and steel are one

Hope you continue to enjoy the bike RFJ. Have you considered getting a smart turbo so that you can join in with some virtual races?

I miss living by the sea OH.

Sounds as though you enjoyed the break despite the weather Dustin. Sounds like a bit of an epic run yesterday.

Glad you're home safely chicksta.

Knee isn't too happy this morning but didn't disturb me in the night. Will see what it's like walking Lola but I wasn't expecting to be able to run this morning or planning to anyway.

Yesterday's lyrics - this is me trying by Taylor Swift.
If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.

Comments

• Morning

Waiting for an announcement from Wabo... :p

Sounds a little bit more positive regarding the knee LMH.

Shame you had such wet weather Dustin.  But I hope you had a good break nonetheless.  Thanks for the pics.

Glad you got home ok Chicksta.

What is that poking out of the water below yeserday's pic with the cars OH?  Is it an arm? 

Have a good start to the week all.

What: short recovery
    Why: Monday
    Last hard: progressive run yesterday - overcooked the faster end a bit and managed 11.5 miles + a couple more cool-down.
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Morning!

Lyrics: no

What: easy run plus stretches

Why: running to feel. 

Weather is foul; hope it improves later.

7 miles today, Wabo? And a Spurs win to make the Gooners even gloomier?
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    morning all
    Back in that there London Town today - and in here all week
    Only 3 people on the tube think that wearing a face mask under the chin is actually wearing a face mask...beggars belief really

What - a run of some description
    Why - Stroll round the estate
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - Saturday probably
  • Morning again!

Yes, the tube must be worrying, Dustin!

Heavy rain turned to drizzle, so went for it and it was a wise move. Sun even came out...but raining again now. Legs were a little reluctant until the finish was almost in sight. 

Stretches later. 
    Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • I read that 500 people had been fined for using London Transport without a mask Dustin but I guess they wouldn't catch the people using them to keep their chins warm. Can't believe your employer is making you to go in to the office with rising numbers and advice to work from home if possible.

Nice running yesterday Hazel. I thought it was an arm in the photo.

Glad you managed a more or less dry run Alehouse.
  • alehousealehouse ✭✭✭
    edited October 2020
    Very wet underfoot, LMH, but not as wet as this time last year when everywhere was flooded. Would have done a longer run but was rushing to get back for an appointment...only to find it was cancelled! Rescheduled for tomorrow so will affect tomorrow's run as well. Frustrating, but worse things happen!

Decent run yesterday, Hazel!

Where are you, Wabo? John O'Groats? Or perhaps a champagne bar?
  • Go wabo...it's a lovely day in this part of the world!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Me again...
    Thought of you Ale - youngest just sent a picture of the view from Fallowfield with the caption "now I know what "the heaven's opened" means..."
    Is Wabo on the second bottle (case?) yet???
    LMH - my employers are American, need I say more? 
    Just over 10k round the Isle of Dogs done.

• Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Yes...it is wet Dustin. Flooded station in nearby Marple above.
    Does Little Miss Dustin's room overlook the artificial pitches?
  • WaboWabo ✭✭✭
    sorry all, I was so excited to be in John O Groats I forgot to post!! Did 7.1 miles this morning and that is that one done!!
    Alehouse, oh gosh that is not good!! A win later will complete my day, your team made me happy last night!
    Dustin nice one, did it make you think of London Marathon!!

I actually had no internet all day so couldn't do much, went to sons and took Reggie out to play, he loved it!!

possunt quia posse videntur - we can because we know we can 
  • A big well done,  Wabo! Hope you can say the same about Spurs later!

And it has just stopped raining.
  • Well done Wabo.

I’m guessing she didn’t choose Manchester for the weather Dustin 😊

Been wet off and on all day here Alehouse and forecast for the next few days isn’t good. Feels very wintry with the early darkness too 🙁
  • Congrats, wabo 👏👏👏

Crazy pic, ale. Sorry to hear about the cancellation.

Dustin: Same here re. idiots not wearing their masks properly. Say hello to !y old stomping ground in the Isle of Dogs :)

LMH: Not fond of those short days and early nights either :(

Wow, great miles, Hazel. And speedy too by the sounds of it.

Had my pre op talk with the foot surgeon today. All systems go for next week. I made him promise to do as good a job on foot number 2 ;) no slacking, please.

Back to work tomorrow.

• Oh, and yes to lyrics. That's one of my all-time faves.