Sunday 1st November 2020 He's the man, the man with the Midas touch

Morning!

Lyrics: He's the man, the man with the Midas touch

What: short, easy run

Why: recovery

Yesterday's lyrics were Ghostbusters, Ray Parker Jnr
Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.

Comments

• emzapemzap ✭✭✭
    Morning ale

I'm on a lyrics streak!

What: walk
    Why: getting out
    Last hard: sleeping. Lucas up all night again. Slept on his flood for 2 hours though not sure how much sleep was had. I hurt now!
    Lyrics: yes :)

How's the hip ale?
  • Morning.

Sorry to hear that Lucas had another bad night emzap.

Breezy but dry here Alehouse - hope you don't get wet on your run.

Just back from Lola's morning walk and not feeling very enthused about the prospect of a run but I hope that my knee will settle quickly and I'll get to enjoy most of it and feel better afterwards. Must focus on the positives.

What:           hopefully an easy run
    Why:            sanity/rehab
    Last hard:    rehabbing this knee
    Last rest:     31/10

Lyrics - yes.
    If you think you can or you think you can't you're probably right.
  • Morning again!

Yes, positive thoughts please, LMH!

Sorry that you had a poor night's sleep again, Emz. Hip seems fine but erring on the side of caution. A little sore where the needles and drill went in! 

Yesterday was far less wet than forecast and managed to spend some time on garden jobs. Then made some green tomato and courgette chutney, including using some of the apples that I picked. 

Currently dry but breezy. Eldest may come over for a short socially distanced walk later: will be the first time I have seen him for 4 or 5 months due to the local lockdowns.

Progress is rarely a straight line. There are always bumps in the road, but you can make the choice to keep looking ahead.
  • Morning

Tough night again emzap.  Loved the dragon outfit.  

Will send you a recipe Els - seems OH might like a portion too..  :)

Good attitude LMH and hope it will be rewarded by a decent run.  Do you have a route with some nice things to look at for distraction ?  Or actively search for them - it can be surprising what you see when you look.  

Hope the hip was ok with the gardening Ale.  Getting difficult to put in the time for it now I imagine with the lack of daylight and the dodgy weather.  Enjoy your family visit.  That is a long time without personal contact.

What: some sort of MLR later, sorting out some more stuff first
    Why: Sunday
    Last rest: 30.03.

Lyrics: no
  • Hope the weather held for your walk too Alehouse.

Hazel - I'm very much a 'look at the clouds, look at the trees' person on my training runs and have some lovely routes, very fortunate in that respect. How long until you move now?

Not a good run for me unfortunately. Whilst the pain in my knee settled after the now customary half a mile or so apart from a brief period mid way through it never stopped being uncomfortable and was painful on my walk home.
  • Wind dropped and sun came out as forecast at gone 10 although wind still howling at 7.
    650 m swum followed by jog around Scapa.
    Swim One of Polar Bear Challenge 20/21 now complete.
    Lyrics vaguely familiar but no
  • Afternoon!

Lyrics were on the news yesterday!

Managed to stay dry for both my short run and walk. Pouring now. 

Sorry that the run was not good, LMH

All sounds good, wind apart, OH!

Hazel: yes, good to see eldest. Next time is likely to be Christmas, I guess, with the latest restrictions. Not seen younger son since early March. Hopefully he can come to stay for a night or two at Christmas. 
  • You are allowed to meet one person outdoors Alehouse so could meet for another walk.

Makes me cold just thinking about it OH!
  • DustinDustin ✭✭✭
    Hiya
    LMH - sorry the knee didn't play ball
    Hazel - impressive stats for October
    Ale - glad you got to see eldest, think #2 is home for a few days this week
    Emz - one day you'll look back on these bad nights and laugh.... (* you won't!!)

What - lovely 10 miles / 90 minutes over the fields - didn't see a soul
    Why - taking in the countryside
    last rest - 10/10
    last hard - yesterday's hill work
    lyric - yes of course...

• Emz - sleepless nights are tough!
    Nice to see family Ale - not seen our son since last Christmas as he's in Sweden.
    Interesting weather, woke to more wind and rain, then it settled and sun came out, 7m run though legs not v sprightly, then wind got up again but chilly unlike yesterday, freezing cold walk to the beach!
  • Ouch, em! You must be exhausted if you can sleep on the floor. Loved the costume too.

Wow Hazel, that's great mileage.

Not easy if the offspring are distributed around the globe, Els.

OH: Surprised it's that time of year for the polar bear challenge again! That has come around quickly. At least it's something you can do even in Covid times.

Sorry it wasn't a good run day, LMH ☹️ You're right, my abs are quite decent for an old bird 😉

3 hours of gardening and half an hour of s&c. At this time of year I hate every single tree in our garden 😆

• "OH: Surprised it's that time of year for the polar bear challenge again! That has come around quickly. At least it's something you can do even in Covid times."
    I can, so far; but English folk are going to find it difficult under lockdown (PBC rules have been adapted).
    We have had to organise ourselves into a swimming club with Covid policies and Event contact registers, otherwise legally we would be restricted to meeting one other household outside.
    We had previously prided ourselves on *not* being a club.
  • RFJRFJ ✭✭✭
    Evening all

sorry to hear about the sleepless nights Emz, and also about the pain and bad run LMH

Yesterday was a mixed day, got a walking 5k pb in the morning with the poles, (47:56), then forgot my poles when I went shopping and promptly fell over, pride and embarrassment.

Then today, had a rest day, well 3.5 hours on my back getting some more ink work on my chest...

Also so blessed to be nominated for MOTM over on Fetch.... so blessed

The Exercise bike is going well, and slowly building the miles and strength...

Take care all